Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by BabyKuma

Has anyone been successful in booking this property for 3 adults? I have Marriot platinum status through this year (will not qualify again) and wanted to stay here for 4 nights in July (paid stay).

Has a platinum member stayed here recently and was able to get the Platinum benefits extended to the whole family? I did read through this whole thread and it seemed like the hotel was extending it to everyone originally but it changed for at least one poster in mid-August 2018.

I’d appreciate your input! Thanks !
I just booked for 5 nights with points in March 2020 for three adults (my 13 year old counts as an adult in most Japan hotels). We're even bringing our infant which will be 18 months at the time of travel. They've been incredibly accommodating.
Old May 17, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
We stayed 1st week of April 2019 (4/1 - 4/6) on points booking (4 nights + 1 night free). We are a family of 3 (including our 6 year girl).

The hotel happily gave free breakfast for her in the lounge. We arrived at like 9AM and room was not ready, so they allowed us to use the Sauna area to change up and also gave us lounge access for breakfast.

The booking showed there was a tax of 2000 yen, but at checkout they told us we had no dues. Proximity to Shinagawa station is very helpful.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
I changed my 2 week booking to Prince Sakura to split between that and Osaka Marriott Miyako.
I'm going to forward my luggage slightly after midway in the trip, bullet to Nagoya, Kyoto, Kobe, and then check-into the Osaka Marriott.

I fly into Haneda then out of Kansai.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
Just to be clear....

1. Are Cocktail Time and Nightcap complimentary for Platinum and above? (alcoholic drinks and hors d'oeuvres)
Is just showing your room key enough to access the other lounges? Do those lounges have the same Cocktail Time and Nightcaps as well as being complimentary for Platinum and above?

2. Would I have access to the Sky and Diamond Pools as Platinum?

3. Is the shuttle bus between Shinagawa Sta and the Prince hotels accomodating for lots of luggage? Is the schedule posted reliable or should I call ahead of time?

4. Is there any advantage to being in the Seibu Prince Club even though I'm booked as Bonvoy Platinum? How could I become a member without making my first Prince booking through Seibu?

5. What is a reasonable room upgrade prior to peak season in mid-July? What is the highest floor there?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Busymann
1. Are Cocktail Time and Nightcap complimentary for Platinum and above? (alcoholic drinks and hors d'oeuvres)
Is just showing your room key enough to access the other lounges? Do those lounges have the same Cocktail Time and Nightcaps as well as being complimentary for Platinum and above?
Yes.
Executive Lounge - The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection - Official website
Free access to other lounge - The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection - Official website
Other lounges are largely similar, but with minor differences.

2. Would I have access to the Sky and Diamond Pools as Platinum?
Yes. But note that Diamond pool is for 16 year olds and older, and Sky pool access for under 16 children ends at 6pm. Additionally, you cannot access the pool of the Shinagawa Prince across the street.

3. Is the shuttle bus between Shinagawa Sta and the Prince hotels accomodating for lots of luggage? Is the schedule posted reliable or should I call ahead of time?
It can handle luggage, but the hotel is also really not that far away from the station, less than 10 minute walk.

4. Is there any advantage to being in the Seibu Prince Club even though I'm booked as Bonvoy Platinum? How could I become a member without making my first Prince booking through Seibu?
You'll get some discounts if you want to go to the entertainment options across the street in the Shinagawa Prince complex, such as the aquarium. The only ways to apply for Seibu Prince Club emi are through a booking or in person at the desk of a Prince Hotel in Japan.

5. What is a reasonable room upgrade prior to peak season in mid-July? What is the highest floor there?
In September I had to wait a bit and request it at check-in, but I did get a corner room that I really enjoyed. There are 12 floors, but at this hotel, what you really want is a room on a lower floor that's facing the spectacular garden. I think that fourth or fifth floor is ideal.
Busymann likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Yes.
Executive Lounge - The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection - Official website
Free access to other lounge - The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection - Official website
Other lounges are largely similar, but with minor differences.

Yes. But note that Diamond pool is for 16 year olds and older, and Sky pool access for under 16 children ends at 6pm. Additionally, you cannot access the pool of the Shinagawa Prince across the street.

It can handle luggage, but the hotel is also really not that far away from the station, less than 10 minute walk.

You'll get some discounts if you want to go to the entertainment options across the street in the Shinagawa Prince complex, such as the aquarium. The only ways to apply for Seibu Prince Club emi are through a booking or in person at the desk of a Prince Hotel in Japan.

In September I had to wait a bit and request it at check-in, but I did get a corner room that I really enjoyed. There are 12 floors, but at this hotel, what you really want is a room on a lower floor that's facing the spectacular garden. I think that fourth or fifth floor is ideal.
Perfect. Thank you.

I'd only take the shuttle if I'm close to the arrival/departure times at Shinagawa on the hour and every 20 minutes since Prince Sakura is the first stop. I wouldn't bother going to the station since that would be over 15 minutes due to stopping at Takanawa and New Takanawa.

I might want to check out the Maxell Aqua Park in the Shinagawa Prince so joining Seibu won't hurt then, when I get there.

I hope to avoid the corner room unless because they seem smaller than the regular rooms. Good point on the views. There doesn't seem like much to look up high. The hotel isn't very tall for it to be of benefit. What is the best room type, in your opinion, besides the suite?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope to avoid the corner room unless because they seem smaller than the regular rooms. Good point on the views. There doesn't seem like much to look up high. The hotel isn't very tall for it to be of benefit. What is the best room type, in your opinion, besides the suite?
I've only ever stayed in that corner room. I loved how it felt so different from your run-of-the-mill, cookie-cutter style room. It was so ROUND! Especially the huge round window that looked directly into the tops of the trees. I love quirky rooms like that.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:54 pm

I've only ever stayed in that corner room. I loved how it felt so different from your run-of-the-mill, cookie-cutter style room. It was so ROUND! Especially the huge round window that looked directly into the tops of the trees. I love quirky rooms like that.
Verrrrry good point. My wife is enamored by that. I like it too.

However, I'd rather have more room. LOL

I think there is a premium corner room or something.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Verrrrry good point. My wife is enamored by that. I like it too.

However, I'd rather have more room. LOL

I think there is a premium corner room or something.
Large non-suites are hard to come by in Tokyo. If that's your thing, then I recommend Aman. LOL
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Large non-suites are hard to come by in Tokyo. If that's your thing, then I recommend Aman. LOL
The PG seems good for getting large nonsuite rooms as an elite, although I won't go back since they no longer give lounge access.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:57 am

I was given a corner but didn't like it (ike I thought) and changed to a regular room. Much more room.

I was given verrrry nice suite in Osaka but that was Osaka. LOL
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:06 am

I did like the Prince. I got lucky.

After arrival to Japan and the short ride on the Keikyu to Shinagawa Sta (about 15 min), with me and my wife having 4 pieces of large luggage, the shuttle arrived right after we got to street level. PERRRFECT. I was worried since it was mainly for passenger and not luggage but he had spots in the front for them.

We used it many times if it was close to the 00, 20, or 40, when coming from Shinagawa Sta after a day out.

Using it to go TO the station from the Prince Sakura takes longer than walking since it stops at the Takanawa and New Takanawa and waits at each one.

Breakfast at the other lounges was better than the Prince Sakura by far. We never tried cocktail or nightcap at the others but I stayed on the Maker's Mark at the Sakura.

Breakfast at the others has a better selection with mackeral and salmon and also an omelet station.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
When trying to search for rooms on points, Marriott's site gives this message, "We’re sorry. This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time." Anyone know what's up with that?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by andreiz
When trying to search for rooms on points, Marriott's site gives this message, "We’re sorry. This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time." Anyone know what's up with that?
I ended up emailing them and they were able to get the reservation created, and then I paid for it with points via marriott.com. Email: tkn-rsv1 (at) princehotels.co.jp

Hope this helps, and hope it's still the same and not a problem.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
I’m debating between this one or CY Tokyo Station for two nights. Can anyone tell me what’s the lounge and breakfast situation at this hotel? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.