Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

I’m debating between this one or CY Tokyo Station for two nights. Can anyone tell me what’s the lounge and breakfast situation at this hotel? Thanks!
Hi,

I'm not sure if you have seen this but post 40 by Brandhino1 has some excellent photos of the lounge breakfast selection ( 2018)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30029442-post40.html

Whilst I have not experienced the lounge I have enjoyed my stay here ( had a good view of Tokyo tower in the mid distance) and enjoyed the beautiful gardens just outside the hotel and shared with the other Prince hotels in the area. The fitness centre is good also. The rooms are not the most modern but large, with a very comfortable bed and good bathroom and shower
It is a Short walk to Shinagawa startion with an excellent link to Haneda airport and the JR Yamanote line ( the green circular line) that is very useful for a lot of Tokyo's major sites.
The Courtyard Tokyo station is very central to Tokyo station, Ginza and the imperial palace garden entrance on the other side of Tokyo station.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:38 am

Any update for this property?
Can the room accommodate 3 adults?
The website said max 2 adults, but it look like the 2 double bed is big enough.

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada 35K
Originally Posted by seba
Any update for this property?
Can the room accommodate 3 adults?
The website said max 2 adults, but it look like the 2 double bed is big enough.

Thanks
The rooms are definitely big enough to accommodate 3 adults.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Matt93
The rooms are definitely big enough to accommodate 3 adults.
Shouldn't the real question be whether the hotel will permit three adults to occupy the room? These rules tend to be strictly enforced in Japan.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:58 pm

Hi

I recently stayed here for the Rugby World Cup (in fact as recently as Saturday night).

I couldn’t book a room for 3 in the app but at checkin they let me add another adult, think it was about an extra 6000 yen a night.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:55 pm

Thanks, the 3rd adult will join after i finish check in
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Good luck with that. Hotels in Japan seem to know who should be coming and going.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
MSPeconomist and nexusCFX like this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
thanks, the 3rd adult will join after i finish check in :d
👍🏻
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Had a 4 night stay here. Location was close to the station, and the room was a really nice size (especially considering Japan standards). Room felt a little dark, but very comfortable.

As titanium, I tried each of the three lounges (in adjoining hotels), and both for evening food and breakfast, I felt that the Prince Sakura was the weakest offering. E.g. in other lounges there was a chef cooking eggs etc.

I'd recommend the walk across the Japanese gardens to try out the other lounges. Plus the other lounges are bigger too.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I can't compare with other offerings at CY (I have only stayed here and at the Westin for extended periods), but the lounge of this hotel quickly gets old..fast! The breakfast and evening offering are the same..every day, day after day. That way, I found the Westin a little better (although not necessarily better in quality). Also, their alcohol selection is definitely weaker with a poor sparking wine offering. The Westin will offer Veuve Cliquot occasionally and will let you have platinum+ HH drink at any of their bars. The one on the top level was great and eventually once you know the bartenders, they will venture beyond the limited menu and create bespoke stuff especially for you, on the house. Also the Westin will let you have breakfast in either of their restaurants and the Japanese restaurant on the weekend/holiday (only time it is open). This is a BIG plus if you care about breakfast.

What I do like about Sakuira Tower is the peaceful zen-like atmosphere (vs the hubbub in the Westin). Also, the proximity to Shinagawa station may be a plus point for many. The Westin is nearest to Ebisu but it is a brisk 10+ minute walk and not nearly as well connected as Shinagawa. The rooms at both are equally large, with Sakura tower being more Japanese of the two (extremely low bathroom counters). Also, I didn't care for the strange European period decor of the Westin. Feels dated and out of place.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by porphyra
I can't compare with other offerings at CY (I have only stayed here and at the Westin for extended periods), but the lounge of this hotel quickly gets old..fast! The breakfast and evening offering are the same..every day, day after day.
You do realize that there are three lounges on property to choose from right? They are all a little bit different in their offerings, should you crave variety.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
You do realize that there are three lounges on property to choose from right? They are all a little bit different in their offerings, should you crave variety.
When I stayed at the beginning of the year, this option wasn't offered. Looks like it is a relatively newer thing. It is indeed a good option, but sometimes in the colder months, you don't feel like the walk across the garden to another lounge and return to your hotel. Not a big deal, but on its own this lounge could be a lot better if they only just rotated their offerings once in a while. The Marriott down the down on the other hand is much better in that sense - as it does change things up all the time. Just that it's location and size of rooms is not ideal.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I stayed at the beginning of the year, this option wasn't offered. Looks like it is a relatively newer thing.
Announced February 5th, so looks like you just missed out.
https://www.princehotels.com/sakurat...-other-lounge/

It is indeed a good option, but sometimes in the colder months, you don't feel like the walk across the garden to another lounge and return to your hotel.
The free shuttle busses are also an option for commuting between hotels.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:07 am

Can lounge access be purchased if the guest has no status with Prince hotels and only gold with Marriott?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.