Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Anyone have the current concierge email?
e-mail: skr-rsv2 AT princehotels.co.jp
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 11:08 am

How does the lounge at this property compare to the Prince Gallery?
Old Mar 25, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by flyerjc23
How does the lounge at this property compare to the Prince Gallery?
The Prince Gallery does not give lounge access to Elites of any level, so you'll have to find someone who paid for lounge access or is from the Prince elite program (I think).
Old Mar 25, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EP, Marriott LTP
I only visited Sakura pre-Covid. Gallery has an incredible view and is less crowded, and I believe has longer hours for bites to eat (5:30-9:30 I think). But the food was not memorably spectacular; it’s a small selection of fancy bites. There are some nice mid-level bottles of alcohol and limited mixers; sake and beer was available all day. I believe I had access as an upgrade from the FHR rate. Sakura has a lot more food when I was there but gets crowded and seemed less comfortable with people waiting to get in.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
The Prince Gallery does not give lounge access to Elites of any level, so you'll have to find someone who paid for lounge access or is from the Prince elite program (I think).
I stayed on Prince Gallery on a STARS rate with platinum status and they granted me lounge access. Dec 2022 datapoint.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:38 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SoulfulDust
I stayed on Prince Gallery on a STARS rate with platinum status and they granted me lounge access. Dec 2022 datapoint.
Were you just upgraded to a club deluxe? IME they will only do the club deluxe upgrade for people on STARS and FHR to meet the upgrade requirements when they have no grand deluxe or suites available. When I get a grand deluxe or suite, no lounge access included even though those rooms do include it when reserved with cash.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 11:02 am

Just double checking because OP posted accompanying guests must pay an additional fee to access the lounge. So if my partner and I stay there, does my partner have to pay a fee to enter the lounge?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Were you just upgraded to a club deluxe? IME they will only do the club deluxe upgrade for people on STARS and FHR to meet the upgrade requirements when they have no grand deluxe or suites available. When I get a grand deluxe or suite, no lounge access included even though those rooms do include it when reserved with cash.
No, I got a basic standard room. But with club lounge access.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 6:25 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SoulfulDust
No, I got a basic standard room. But with club lounge access.
That's a club superior/deluxe. It's just that room with club access. It's not necessarily on the club floor. In fact they're specifically designated on both 34F and 36F.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
I really enjoyed this hotel when I was there in 2018. Rooms and bathrooms were roomy and extremely nice. They put me in a corner king with power drapes, turndown every night. At turndown they would leave a robe and slippers on the bed that were not in any way "american sized". Comically small on me.

The garden is very nice, and the view of the garden while eating breakfast is very relaxing. Easy walk to Shinigawa station.

And if you get desperate for American food there is an Outback around the corner that had better food and service than any Outback in the US. My coworkers gave up on Japanese food about day 4 unfortunately.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The SEIBU PRINCE CLUB allows club access to those with Diamond Status in the program (requirement is 200 "medals", essentially 2,200,000 million of spend at Prince Hotels within a calendar year). But this is only for people with a residence in Japan. There is a foreigner version of the program called "SEIBU PRINCE CLUB emi", but it only allows for collection of points, and confers no status level whatsoever regardless of spend.

Also, there is no "double-dipping" between the two programs. You must either take Marriot points/benefits, or SPC points/benefits.
YariGuy likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Access to three different club lounges with different tea time desserts - yes, please!
Is this still the case? How do you get between them? Do you need a key card to access?
Are the bathrooms here still dated with pump toiletries from a Japanese brand?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 12:06 pm

anyone know how this compares to the Westin? especially the lounge?
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: DL DM, Ex-AA EXP, HZ Pres, MRT AMB/LTP
5 Night Stay Sept 26-Oct1

Just finished my stay at the Prince Sakura. Note, I have previously stayed here back in 2019 on a similar trip to Japan. All of the nights were booked using points. I am also a lifetime plat and currently Titanium member. With that being said, I booked a deluxe corner suite and was given a deluxe corner suite on the 7th floor. During my previous stay the room I had was larger even though this was room was considered a corner suite. The entrance is extremely narrow and awkward to walk through with luggage. Also the other negative to this room is that it sits at the end of the hallway from the elevator which you spend walking all the way once from the lobby only to walk all the way to the front again after getting off the elevator on your floor. It is nice to be away from the elevator’s but this is a bit much. The bathroom was spacious including both a tub and a shower. Pressure was fantastic. The bed faces Northeast. Outside the window you can see Tokyo Tower. The furniture and furnishings are quite dated and definitely need a refresh. As far as the Executive lounge is concerned it hasn’t changed in four years. Same morning breakfast. You can lounge hop as others have noted but I honestly didn’t want to spend that much time exploring the Prince Lounges. I did take advantage of the evening cocktail hours (5-7) which was self pour something you don’t see in the states. Also the maximum time you could stay at a table was 45 minutes. Going forward this hotel will not be on my Tokyo list even if the point redemption is lower than the Tokyo Westin. Lastly, the area between the Prince hotels and at Shinagawa Station currently have heavy construction, which again makes this location less attractive, until May 2024. Best of luck out there.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this still the case? How do you get between them? Do you need a key card to access?
Are the bathrooms here still dated with pump toiletries from a Japanese brand?
Yes, this is still the case. One Lounge card will allow you to access all three lounges.

The offerings are actually different in all of them. I would say The Prince Sakura Tower is overall the best, but there are reasons to visit the others as well.

However, I was last there on a Sunday evening in August, and they were all crowded with lines or registration required with waiting to get in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.