Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Just walked by the hotel. There is a sign that says the hotel is closed from April 1st to May 31st.

It says that all operations are transferred to the next door Grand Prince New Takanawa. No idea what happens with existing reservations, or whether Marriott benefits will be honored at the other hotel.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Just walked by the hotel. There is a sign that says the hotel is closed from April 1st to May 31st.

It says that all operations are transferred to the next door Grand Prince New Takanawa. No idea what happens with existing reservations, or whether Marriott benefits will be honored at the other hotel.
That would be an upgrade if existing guests are transferred there.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
That would be an upgrade if existing guests are transferred there.
I've never seen a room there, but the lobby and restauants that I've seen sure look nice.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm

Notice on website:
https://www.princehotels.com/sakurat...a_notice-1.pdf
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
recent stays?

It has been more than one month (since 31 May) that the hotel has re-opened. Any recent stays?
Old Jul 5, 2020, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have not been there since the closure, but here is the current status of the facilities.

https://www.princehotels.com/sakurat...awa_notice.pdf
Old Oct 7, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Just booked this for a stay in June 2021. What are the chances of getting an upgrade as a LifeTime Titanium if I ask nicely before arrival?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucycan
Just booked this for a stay in June 2021. What are the chances of getting an upgrade as a LifeTime Titanium if I ask nicely before arrival?
I would say they are pretty good. I utilize a different loyalty program for this hotel (SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum member), and I have never not gotten an upgrade to a Junior Suite when I asked for it.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 6:51 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by lucycan
Me too. You think we're gonna be travelling freely by then? :-(
Old Oct 15, 2020, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by tripmaster
Me too. You think we're gonna be travelling freely by then? :-(
I booked for late May. Certainly fingers crossed.

The Japanese government is probably desperate to open up tourism for sakura season next year...
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SkyElite
I booked for late May. Certainly fingers crossed.

The Japanese government is probably desperate to open up tourism for sakura season next year...
They are going to begin opening, just not for Americans, and at the current rate of infection spreading, it's likely Canadians and Europeans will not be part of that initial group. The citizens you can expect to receive approval for April visits will most likely be from Taiwan, Australia, and New Zealand. I would say travel from much of the world to Japan is a non-starter until virus spread is stopped, and the case growth is stable/declining.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo

I have a stay planned in September and I'm thinking of booking this hotel. I've searched but cannot find the answer to one question. Is free breakfast provided to platinum members?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:28 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by avja
I have a stay planned in September and I'm thinking of booking this hotel. I've searched but cannot find the answer to one question. Is free breakfast provided to platinum members?
When I've stayed there last time (2018?), breakfast was provided in the lounge.

HTB.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by htb
When I've stayed there last time (2018?), breakfast was provided in the lounge.

HTB.
When I stayed last March, it was served in the restaurant. I believe it remains the same today, as I don't know any hotel in Japan that has resumed breakfast service in club lounge.

That said, I am not optomistic that full-blown tourism will resume by September.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by avja
Seems like they are currently offering breakfast at CILIEGIO Ristorante Caffè. If you are a Platinum, Titanium or Ambassador member staying at Price Sakura, you can go to Lounge Momiji at Grand Prince Hotel Shin Takanawa for tea time and cocktail time.
TravisMT81 and htb like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.