Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

The property now provides $15/person credit in the restaurant, which will basically cover cereal & coffee.

Per Flyman:

They don't have the Executive Lounge while they have Executive Level rooms. What they have is an office-style galley on near the elevators on the Executive Level (15/16th floor) where you'll find coffee machine (powdered, not real milk), filtered room-temp water, whole fruit, and snack. In the mornings, they place ONE type of pastry (muffin/donut) and 1 type of juice - their version of continental breakfast. Plat/Gold can get to those floors (if your room is not on the Exec Level) by swiping your room key in the elevator.

The bar has happy hours everyday (4:30-6:30p), and seems to be popular with non-hotel guests as well.

Caution: make sure you get the room type you booked. FDM says there are errors between what Marriott shows for room types and what the hotel actually has.

TIP: From guest room elevator, don't take the elevator to the floor that says 'retail' it's not the ground and is currently a hallway with linens and storage, no way to exit to street. To exit the hotel go to lobby level (2nd) then take escalator to street.

TIP: Kona Coffee Purveyors is a great spot for coffee and pastries (sweet & savory). Exit the hotel and turn right. Just a few doors down, in front of the International Marketplace.

This email should work for contacting the hotel/requests:

[email protected]
Print Wikipost

The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:27 pm

I happened to like the Hyatt place.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
IBut a lot of that is diminished by their anti-Bonvoy policies.
My policies are also anti-Bonvoy.

Besides, in skimping on loyalty benefits, one might say this property is actually fully on board with the overall Bonvoy theme
Tanic likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
My policies are also anti-Bonvoy.

Besides, in skimping on loyalty benefits, one might say this property is actually fully on board with the overall Bonvoy theme
The ironic or sad thing is that if they just provided elite benefits closer in line to a full service Bonvoid hotel, perhaps access to the lounge floor or perhaps waived the resort fee for Titaniums or even made the breakfast credit amount equal to a true breakfast cost, this property could be THE destination for program elites and FT'ers. They have a great facility, location, cool vibe and excellent F&B program to build on.
Kacee and VCURamFan like this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
The ironic or sad thing is that if they just provided elite benefits closer in line to a full service Bonvoid hotel, perhaps access to the lounge floor or perhaps waived the resort fee for Titaniums or even made the breakfast credit amount equal to a true breakfast cost, this property could be THE destination for program elites and FT'ers. They have a great facility, location, cool vibe and excellent F&B program to build on.
while there is some truth to what you're saying I can not see this property and it's location being a "destination" hotel in the islands. It could well be a property for those of us that are back and forth to the islands on business and want to avoid as much as possible the tourist hotels which for us can be problematic That was many of us where hoping when the CY opened and look how that turned out, same for the Hyatt Place The CY in Kona is not so bad, great views of the lagoon
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Any recent Ambassador experiences? Anyone use a SNA at this property?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:08 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by edgewood49
while there is some truth to what you're saying I can not see this property and it's location being a "destination" hotel in the islands. It could well be a property for those of us that are back and forth to the islands on business and want to avoid as much as possible the tourist hotels which for us can be problematic That was many of us where hoping when the CY opened and look how that turned out, same for the Hyatt Place The CY in Kona is not so bad, great views of the lagoon
Agree about not being a destination hotel; as a local Oahu resident, I do like the location as its adjacent to the international shopping center and Murakami Udon. It is a great location for a staycation.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:11 am
Suspended

What is the current breakfast benefit?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by wchinchen
Agree about not being a destination hotel; as a local Oahu resident, I do like the location as its adjacent to the international shopping center and Murakami Udon. It is a great location for a staycation.
I agree for locals it's a great location for a "staycation" My remarks for tourist driven coming to the islands many for the first time. You have to admit the pool is a postage stamp, and status offerings slim to none.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Is the wiki incorrect? Are elites with rooms on other floors not allowed access to 15 & 16? Thx.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:50 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by edgewood49
You have to admit the pool is a postage stamp, and status offerings slim to none.
Given its location, there's probably a significant trade-off, i.e., do they go for a bigger pool or more lobby area space? For the hotel's size and location, it's probably just about right. Not many large pools in Waikiki hotels anyway, though I haven't seen them all.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:52 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by icanneverflyenough
What is the current breakfast benefit?
They give you and your guest around a 15-20 dollar voucher that can be applied to any item on the full breakfast menu. For two people with coffee/ tea, it still came out to 12-15 dollars after using the vouchers.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I stayed there recently and I really liked the room design. Felt like someone actually thought about design. The bar is great, but very busy in the evenings. Pool is a joke if you want to swim laps. Normally when in Honolulu I stay at the Kahala, but this time I needed to be in the area for meetings.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wchinchen
They give you and your guest around a 15-20 dollar voucher that can be applied to any item on the full breakfast menu. For two people with coffee/ tea, it still came out to 12-15 dollars after using the vouchers.
Are the vouchers only valid for breakfast in the restaurant? Or can they also be used for drinks at the bar? Thx.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Are the vouchers only valid for breakfast in the restaurant? Or can they also be used for drinks at the bar? Thx.
They are indeed good for all day, including Happy Hour

Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Is the wiki incorrect? Are elites with rooms on other floors not allowed access to 15 & 16? Thx.
No access unless you have a room on those floors (per my experience in late 2019)

Last edited by itsaboutthejourney; Jan 20, 2020 at 2:02 pm
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They are indeed good for all day, including Happy Hour
No access unless you have a room on those floors (per my experience in late 2019)
Thanks. Front desk (on phone) told me vouchers not valid for alcohol. I'll report back after we stay there this weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.