Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2024, 10:49 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by polska
You can also use the free “breakfast” voucher at the Whale’s Tail which is right next to the water. It includes coffee, pastry, fruit x2.
If you want a decent beachfront Marriott elite breakfast you have to go to the Westin or Sheraton on the Kaanapali side. I generally think that the Beach Resort’s Aloha-esque spirit and being in Wailea make up for the less than elite breakfast, but YMMV.

I did love that the Black Rock Sheraton comped parking for elites, but that has come to an end. They didn’t charge for my parking in March (without asking) in that I had reserved under the old rules…just an example that benefits erode almost everywhere.
Old May 6, 2024, 3:47 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by polska
You can also use the free “breakfast” voucher at the Whale’s Tail which is right next to the water. It includes coffee, pastry, fruit x2.
Lot's of loyalty there coffee and a pastry!
Old May 7, 2024, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Let's see... I can stay at an amazing property with fantastic rooms, great restaurants, outstanding customer service, world-class pools, a stupendous spa, and on an amazing part of a wonderful tropical island. Or I can choose someplace else where I get a free breakfast.

Sometimes I forget what a warped-reality kind of cyberspace FT is.
Old May 8, 2024, 7:40 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Let's see... I can stay at an amazing property with fantastic rooms, great restaurants, outstanding customer service, world-class pools, a stupendous spa, and on an amazing part of a wonderful tropical island. Or I can choose someplace else where I get a free breakfast.

That about sums it up with Marriott especially in the Islands. If I was starting over today and really bored down into the FF programs I would ask myself "why"? Now that I am retired with several million points/miles left in the "bank" I ask myself that now. Think about if all these programs were wound down and the money really applied to the operations how much would it affect our pricing? A lot. The "currency" of FF programs has dropped by 50% over the years ( My estimate ) and continues. As does service and quality of the product.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman

you miss the point, though your off point is well taken….

several world class resorts in the islands all of which provide the experience you cite. Some also provide exceptional program benefits (Westin Hapuna for example) - which do you choose?
UA-NYC likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:01 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by cmculp
you miss the point, though your off point is well taken….

several world class resorts in the islands all of which provide the experience you cite. Some also provide exceptional program benefits (Westin Hapuna for example) - which do you choose?
True, but choosing one island over another based on the breakfast benefits seems to me like putting the cart before the horse. Wouldn’t a lot of other factors have to be an exact dead heat before getting down to the breakfast tie-breaker? And it can happen, my recent tie-breaker to pick the Kaanapali Sheraton over the Westin was the (now extinct) free parking. Then we moved over to the Grand Wailea where we wisely spent our $50 on alcohol which, trust me, doesn’t go far in the Botero Lounge.

Remembering back years ago when some OP was trying to decide going to Milan or Florence on their first trip to Italy based on the strength of the executive lounge. It still strikes me as entirely the wrong question to agonize over.
Old May 9, 2024, 5:46 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by Jailer
True, but choosing one island over another based on the breakfast benefits seems to me like putting the cart before the horse. Wouldn’t a lot of other factors have to be an exact dead heat before getting down to the breakfast tie-breaker? And it can happen, my recent tie-breaker to pick the Kaanapali Sheraton over the Westin was the (now extinct) free parking. Then we moved over to the Grand Wailea where we wisely spent our $50 on alcohol which, trust me, doesn’t go far in the Botero Lounge.

Remembering back years ago when some OP was trying to decide going to Milan or Florence on their first trip to Italy based on the strength of the executive lounge. It still strikes me as entirely the wrong question to agonize over.
Free breakfast is an important factor for me. That said, I agree with you it isn't the most important factor that I base a decision on. Hotel location and property type are more important to me. My requirements vary by trip (business vs. leisure, quick overnight on a road trip vs. vacation stay, etc.). Furthermore, depending on rates, a property that doesn't provide breakfast (or a minimal one), may still work out cheaper than one that does. When there are multiple otherwise acceptable properties in an area, free breakfast will definitely become an important factor. And no, I have never chosen a property based on the hotel breakfast as the top criteria. The location I want to be is always the top factor. Long winded way of agreeing with you. LOL....

--Jon

Last edited by Jon Maiman; May 9, 2024 at 6:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.