Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations email:
[email protected]
Duty manager: [email protected]

April 2017 Photos - see posts 45-51

From website: In Executive Lounge no children below 12 years allowed after 7pm and smart casual attire is required-no shorts/slippers

As of 2023, shorts seem to have been removed from the lounge dress code exclusion. ElevatorEnthusiast definitely wore them.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Stayed at JW Marriott South beach back in september for five nights. It was hot weather back then but the pool and the pool area is under the roof and yes quiet cold in the water unfortunately. I was about to take a dip but my body is not built for that kind of cold water so I skipped.
However the location is very good for JW. Very close to everything with a short walk. Rooms, breakfast, staff are all very good. We took a walk to the Westin but were disappointed that it was so far away and quiet remote compared to the JW. I guess JW is good for first timers in Singapore. Westin is better if you know your way around. The building which Westin is located inside is impressive and big.

Next visit in Singapore I'll stay at the Westin to try out their product. But the JW is 9/10 if I'd rate it. Solid hotel but cold pool. It was my first time in Singapore and we enjoyed our stay.
they're building a massive entertainment complex next to the Westin. Once that's finished, the location will be much more lively
LF72 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by sandyph
they're building a massive entertainment complex next to the Westin. Once that's finished, the location will be much more lively
Awesome, do you know when it will be finished? Tried to google but couldn't find anything but I remember there were some conscruction around when we were around. I liked the area a lot around Westin and it felt very modern and fresch. Overall I liked Singapore a lot as well for being my first visit in september. Singapore is that kind of city I'll return to plenty of times.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Awesome, do you know when it will be finished? Tried to google but couldn't find anything but I remember there were some conscruction around when we were around. I liked the area a lot around Westin and it felt very modern and fresch. Overall I liked Singapore a lot as well for being my first visit in september. Singapore is that kind of city I'll return to plenty of times.
this? Marina One - Integrated Development in Marina Bay

already up and running
joakgarp likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:53 am

How "bad" is the wifi in this hotel? Does it intermittently cut in and out? Slow for streaming?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
How "bad" is the wifi in this hotel? Does it intermittently cut in and out? Slow for streaming?

Never had an issue with wifi, but never tried streaming. Page loading seemed quite nice and gave me no reason to think it is slow or wouldn't support streaming. My wife used wifi on her phone to make phone calls and had no troubles.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
It depends on your room. In my suite, it was both slow and unstable. I was unable to use Citrix or VOIP to make calls.

Hotel was aware of the issue and just made a bunch of lame excuses. Won't stay here again. WiFi is an essential for me.
LF72 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Kacee
It depends on your room. In my suite, it was both slow and unstable. I was unable to use Citrix or VOIP to make calls.

Hotel was aware of the issue and just made a bunch of lame excuses. Won't stay here again. WiFi is an essential for me.
I had the same issue. I could browse the internet but the signal wasn't stable enough to (a) make voip calls or (b) make Wi-Fi calls through my phone.

from the experiences of others, sounds like it could depend on the room. Strange on being in a newish hotel in a very connected city.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I had the same issue. I could browse the internet but the signal wasn't stable enough to (a) make voip calls or (b) make Wi-Fi calls through my phone.

from the experiences of others, sounds like it could depend on the room. Strange on being in a newish hotel in a very connected city.
Even when it worked, it was only 8.85 mbps down, which I found surprisingly slow given (i) this was Singapore, and (ii) most Marriotts have excellent wifi.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:33 pm

@Kacee - Westin Singapore has better wifi speed - 21mbps DL IIRC. I can't believe in 2018, we still have to complain about wifi speed in newly build 5 star hotels! Other travel websites also mention poor wifi in this hotel. If a known issue, why can't they fix it?
C17PSGR and Kacee like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bdschobel
But people with lounge access are offered the option of breakfast in the main restaurant (Beach Road Kitchen) for free, and that's even better. Way better, actually. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant is simply outstanding.
That must be new because it wasn't an option in August/September 2017, when I stayed.

Are they still letting kids into the lounge at night?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:36 pm

Stayed last weekend. Concur with the pool, that is why I stayed at the Westin the majority of the trip.

Breakfast at the restaurant had a huge line, so we ate at the lounge. Sounds like I may have missed out.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
That must be new because it wasn't an option in August/September 2017, when I stayed.

Are they still letting kids into the lounge at night?

I have been offered that every time I stayed, Jan 2017, Jun 2017 and Nov 2017
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Wasn't offered restaurant breakfast in Nov 2017 and when I asked if it was possible they specifically said that breakfast must be taken in the lounge.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:43 am

Did you get a piece of paper outlining your “benefits” mine was not only said to me by the check in person but was listed on the “benefits” letter I got when checking in. I didn’t take a picture of it or anything. I can’t imagine what would be so different between the stays. My stays were as all over the place as possible. One combo (part award, part pay) stay, one paid stay, both in just the normal rooms, and one award stay upgraded to a nice suite.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Can't remember about the benefits piece of paper but I actually had two separate staff members in the lounge telling me that breakfast in the restaurant was verboten. It was an award stay but we're talking Marriott here - that shouldn't make any difference to bennies.

If it's as inconsistent as it seems to be, the next time I'm tempted to ignore them and just go to the restaurant and see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.