Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations email:
[email protected]
Duty manager: [email protected]

April 2017 Photos - see posts 45-51

From website: In Executive Lounge no children below 12 years allowed after 7pm and smart casual attire is required-no shorts/slippers

As of 2023, shorts seem to have been removed from the lounge dress code exclusion. ElevatorEnthusiast definitely wore them.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:03 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Stayed here recently & generally had a good stay. Upgrade on check-in was not pro-actively offered. Upon prompting was given Executive King (the agent said it was bigger than the standard room I had booked). It wasn’t as far as I could see. It was a corner room though so a lot of natural light & nice & quiet. Bed/shower/bathroom all good. Club lounge was a very nice space. Didn’t make evening drinks as we had dinner/show plans. Breakfast in the lounge was very average - with very poor bread/pastries & hap-hazard service. Would return but only for a decent rate as I felt it was a little pricey for what it was.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:54 pm

Breakfast at main restaurant for gold elite?

mates, do you know if marriott T&Cs states whether the benefit for gold elite gets complimentary breakfast at the main restaurant?

ive stayed at JWs in other parts of the world and was given complimentary breakfast at the main restaurant for being gold elite.

however when I stayed at JW SG previously, I only got breakfast at the club lounge.

am doing another stay soon and I called the front desk, which said gold elite is not eligible for complimentary main restaurant breakfast. Only plats gets this.

can anyone confirm if they are in line with marriott elite T&Cs? Thanks.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Purveyor
mates, do you know if marriott T&Cs states whether the benefit for gold elite gets complimentary breakfast at the main restaurant?
Per the T&C, if there's a lounge, breakfast is in the lounge. This is true for Gold and Plat alike.

If a property offers a more generous benefit (e.g., Plat breakfast in the restaurant), it is not per the T&C.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
My stay last week I was offered breakfast in the lounge OR the restaurant. It was written on the little handout they give you outlining your benefits. I am a Plat and wife is a Gold and they gave us each one and they were identical.

There are a small number that offer that benefit, but I am quite sure it is above and beyond what they are required to offer per the T&C
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I was not offered breakfast in the restaurant when I stayed there in August, as a platinum. I stayed at the property before it was a J.W. Marriott and the present lounge breakfast is more comprehensive than the full buffet was in the restaurant when it was the South Beach (same owners, different management company).
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Love this property as a Platinum was upgraded to nice 1 bed 1.5 bath suite
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
How does this property deal with late check-out requests from Gold members? I am asking because I sent them an e-mail to ask for a 4 pm check-out and they replied stating they would put a note in my reservation but it would be based on availability. Is that correct and common?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by janwillem
How does this property deal with late check-out requests from Gold members? I am asking because I sent them an e-mail to ask for a 4 pm check-out and they replied stating they would put a note in my reservation but it would be based on availability. Is that correct and common?
This is an interesting question. Since Marriott went to 4 p.m., I've never had a property refuse me a late checkout. Several front desk clerks automatically give me a late checkout without me even asking.

However, there seems to be consistent debate on whether 4 p.m. is, in fact, 4 p.m. even though the Marriott benefits list it as a "guaranteed" benefit (https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...-benefits.mi):

Marriott's Guaranteed Late Check-Out Isn't Much Of A Guarantee At All - One Mile at a Time

Marriott *Actually* Adds Guaranteed 4PM Late Check-Out - One Mile at a Time

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...late-checkout/
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by janwillem
I sent them an e-mail to ask for a 4 pm check-out and they replied stating they would put a note in my reservation but it would be based on availability. Is that correct and common?
No. But I wouldn't be surprised if this property tried to dodge the rule.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:41 am

Had this place booked for Feb, but learned the pool doesn't get sun. Changed my booking to the Westin.

Would love to hear thoughts on this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by LF72
Had this place booked for Feb, but learned the pool doesn't get sun. Changed my booking to the Westin.

Stayed at JW Marriott South beach back in september for five nights. It was hot weather back then but the pool and the pool area is under the roof and yes quiet cold in the water unfortunately. I was about to take a dip but my body is not built for that kind of cold water so I skipped.
However the location is very good for JW. Very close to everything with a short walk. Rooms, breakfast, staff are all very good. We took a walk to the Westin but were disappointed that it was so far away and quiet remote compared to the JW. I guess JW is good for first timers in Singapore. Westin is better if you know your way around. The building which Westin is located inside is impressive and big.

Next visit in Singapore I'll stay at the Westin to try out their product. But the JW is 9/10 if I'd rate it. Solid hotel but cold pool. It was my first time in Singapore and we enjoyed our stay.
LF72 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Stayed at JW Marriott South beach back in september for five nights. It was hot weather back then but the pool and the pool area is under the roof and yes quiet cold in the water unfortunately. I was about to take a dip but my body is not built for that kind of cold water so I skipped.
However the location is very good for JW. Very close to everything with a short walk. Rooms, breakfast, staff are all very good. We took a walk to the Westin but were disappointed that it was so far away and quiet remote compared to the JW. I guess JW is good for first timers in Singapore. Westin is better if you know your way around. The building which Westin is located inside is impressive and big.

Next visit in Singapore I'll stay at the Westin to try out their product. But the JW is 9/10 if I'd rate it. Solid hotel but cold pool. It was my first time in Singapore and we enjoyed our stay.
Many thanks for the info. Third trip to Singapore, but first time as a Marriott/SPG member. Stayed at the Raffles and Fullerton, so I'm now reaping the benefits of having points and being platinum.
joakgarp likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Others on here don't like the Marriott, but the Marriott has a very good pool that also gets plenty of sunshine.
LF72 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Others on here don't like the Marriott, but the Marriott has a very good pool that also gets plenty of sunshine.
I considered it, but prefer being closer to Marina Bay. No good reason, guess I just prefer the view.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:40 am
Suspended

I considered it, but prefer being closer to Marina Bay. No good reason, guess I just prefer the view.
The Fullerton Hotel isn't Marriott or SPG -- it's independent -- but has a nice rooftop view and pool looking right at the mother ship, aka Marina Bay Sands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.