Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations email:
[email protected]
Duty manager: [email protected]

April 2017 Photos - see posts 45-51

From website: In Executive Lounge no children below 12 years allowed after 7pm and smart casual attire is required-no shorts/slippers

As of 2023, shorts seem to have been removed from the lounge dress code exclusion. ElevatorEnthusiast definitely wore them.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Our room did not have a chaise-lounge, only the rocking desk chair.
I guess I've always been lucky then. Indeed the photos on their web site show lots of room scenes without the chaise-longue that I had in my room.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium, Accor Plus - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Raddison - Gold, Golden Circle - Jade
Originally Posted by fdem
I have a two day stay in Singapore coming up and have booked a room. As a platinum I am under no illusion of getting upgraded to a suite so will expect a standard room. One thing puts me off is there appears to be no seating area in the rooms, only a metal hard frame chair. One thing I do like is somewhere comfortable to sit ( can’t stand sitting on the bed).. it also appears there is the same very uncomfortable seating in the club lounge. Can anyone confirm this is the case as might need to re think
Is JW Singapore abit notorious for not upgrading platinums or something?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by colt75
Is JW Singapore abit notorious for not upgrading platinums or something?
It is a pretty elite heavy hotel usually, so once they are done with the double digit number of guests with higher status, plus the number of sold suites, there is little left for platinum members.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:28 am

I have a seven night stay in July (Titanium Elite).

I made two reservations, one via a travel agent on the luminous rate and one direct reservation. Both reservations habe the room category i want, so upgrade is not the most important thing. Actually, for seven nights the chances for an upgrade are extremely low, i have already the premier room with marina bay view.

But in general, should i take advantage of the luminous rate or is a direct booking „better“ in terms of guest valuation? Price difference is very small (200 or 300 SGD in total).
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Does anyone know if this hotel has basically stopped accepting NUA's? I had requested one before SNA->NUA switch. Now it only shows a "family room" as a NUA option.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by equinox01
I have a seven night stay in July (Titanium Elite).

I made two reservations, one via a travel agent on the luminous rate and one direct reservation. Both reservations habe the room category i want, so upgrade is not the most important thing. Actually, for seven nights the chances for an upgrade are extremely low, i have already the premier room with marina bay view.

But in general, should i take advantage of the luminous rate or is a direct booking „better“ in terms of guest valuation? Price difference is very small (200 or 300 SGD in total).
luminous counts as a direct booking anyway. Do you plan on using the luminous benefits? If not and you already have the room you want, not sure I’d bother with the more expensive rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.