Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Be prepared to show proof of AAA membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to joeags for this information:

More About Special Rates
AAA/CAA

Save on hotel rooms at 3,800+ Marriott brand hotels worldwide
Earn Marriott Rewards points in addition to discount
ID required at check-in (American, Canadian Automobile Association or any non-USA Automobile Club Affiliate)
Subject to availability at individual hotels
Print Wikipost

Be prepared to show proof of AAA membership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I just booked the Kensington Marriott in London this week and was asked to enter my AAA # when I made my reservation on the Marriott website. That was a first for Marriott, although Hilton has been asking for your AAA# in advance for years.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by jtwiz
I just booked the Kensington Marriott in London this week and was asked to enter my AAA # when I made my reservation on the Marriott website. That was a first for Marriott, although Hilton has been asking for your AAA# in advance for years.
That happened to me the other day as well, at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. The wierd thing is I also booked the Winter Haven at the same time and that didn't happen. Maybe it gets stored in your account after the first time?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Saidoh
Maybe it gets stored in your account after the first time?
That wouldn't be so bad. Having to type 16 digits every time would be a pain. Or just use the traditional AAA code & have the card w/ you on check-in. Having the card would eliminate gaming the system w/ the #s.

Cheers.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
I checked into
Renaissance Midtown New York yesterday and
The Fd clerk asked for to see it. First time in about a year.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

It's kinda amazing that this thread is five pages long.

The title says it all, but like just about everything in life, there are exceptions.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by dayone

The title says it all, but like just about everything in life, there are exceptions.
No kidding on both points. And it's not like it's the first thread on the topic either.

Cheers.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
[QUOTE=HoustonConsultant;26903938]I don't mind showing my company ID, but I'm not going to let folks copy it.

Neither me or my company is cool enough that I would worry about any kind of shenanigans with someone trying to impersonate me, but it is very sketchy to let folks copy/scan a company ID.[/QUOTE

I agree, never asked anything but to show id
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dayone

So true, I bet 10% of time I get asked for corporate id
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Just an update. For the 1st time at a Marriott, I got asked for my AAA ID when checking in to the Marriott Rancho Cordova. It was clearly a new FDC trying to look extra conscientious, because I have checked into this place before, and since, and none of the other FDCs at the hotel ever asked.

As I handed it to her, my response was "well, since I drove, that is not a problem" with a smile.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Today I received e-mail from Hilton requesting that I confirm account information to include correct e-mail/preferences/phone numbers/mailing address etc. It included a link however I decided to log in with my usual account. I had never filled in my AAA number--and did so--hoping that I won't have to in the future. Perhaps it's time for Marriott to let us input this info so as to not have to provide physical card..Of course I'll have it available just in case but the actual number on file might do the trick. Any thoughts. Best of luck to all.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by derby44
Today I received e-mail from Hilton requesting that I confirm account information to include correct e-mail/preferences/phone numbers/mailing address etc. It included a link however I decided to log in with my usual account. I had never filled in my AAA number--and did so--hoping that I won't have to in the future. Perhaps it's time for Marriott to let us input this info so as to not have to provide physical card..Of course I'll have it available just in case but the actual number on file might do the trick. Any thoughts. Best of luck to all.
IIRC Hilton lets you use the 3-digit int'l code (which can be found via google , so there's a way of gaming the membership #. I think having the actual card or ability to pull up your # via an app to show to FDC is better in terms of actually proving you're entitled to the rate.

Cheers.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
The only time I've ever been asked for AAA ID was at an HI Express Munich Airport, and of course didn't have it (why carry it to Europe) - the rate differential was quite a bit more than the usual 10%. After much to and fro, the agent agreed that if I could log into my AAA account on a PC in the lobby and show her my profile, she'd accept it. Fortunately, despite my fatigue (having flown SFO/LAX/MUC), I remembered my password.

Now, I have scanned PDFs of all membership cards on my tablet.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
AAA Number Required to Book

First time saw this. To get AAA booking, dialog box pops up. Have to input my AAA number now.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Did they give you an option to store the number in your account? Would be nice if we didn't have to enter it each time.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
First time saw this. To get AAA booking, dialog box pops up. Have to input my AAA number now.
That's interesting since I remember having had to do it a long time ago for Hilton. Since I use senior discount now, probably won't be an issue for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.