Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ial-suite-2198
Print Wikipost

Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Next, plat arrival gift. Here is where it gets WIERD!!! He pulls out the "complimentary breakfast card" and starts to write on it. He puts the date, room #'s, etc. He then tells me that "since he went above on the suites" I will "have to pay FULL PRICE for one breakfast for my son, but the daughter is free" (2 yrs old). He writes "2XFREE, 1X39 Euro" on the card!!! I tell him my wife usually likes tea/biscuit for breakfast, she will just have that. He says "No, you must pay 39 euro for one breakfast!" This is different then what other have said on here, and also why I tried to get clarification on the benefits PRIOR to arrival!!
Despite the confusion and back and forth, it seems that you had 2 rooms upgraded to suites and they gave you a buffet breakfast for you and your wife? The benefits only guarantee a suite upgrade (if available) for the primary room, and continental breakfast for up to 2. Seems like you did pretty well.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Non-SPG apologist?
Nope. Not here, pal.

It's just that you're swimming upstream here. I don't negate that you may have had a tough time on this visit. As I say, each property (and any of us) can surely have a bad time from time to time. I simply think that's what happened in your case.

However, given the tone of your posting, I'm inclined to believe that there may just be a different side of this story that might include a little more to the story.

I don't think you'll find too many folks who declare themselves to be worldly travellers used to luxury hotel experiences complaining about 39 E breakfasts (that would be a bargain in VCE) or not signing the breakfast check.

It's just that methinks there's a little more to this tale.

Best regards to all.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:13 am

Not sure if I falll into the uber VIP category (probably not ) but I echo most of the negative comments left by PhyllyPhlier.

You can refer back to my lengthy review on this thread, but I had paid the full rate and paid 20K points per night to upgrade, to which they still treated me like I was getting it all for FREE.

concierge service was atrocious (the very team that is loudly advertised to be those who will "stand ready to anticipate your every need during your stay"), doorman ignored us as we brought our own luggage up to the hotel, no greetings/even a slightest sign of acknowledgement of our presence during our entire stay.

I had a much more rewarding/comfortable stay at the LM down a few blocks.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:18 am
oc1

Programs: SPG Platinum, United 1K.
These are some pretty bad reviews for this hotel - I am hoping for a more positive experience when I stay there in two weeks.

I took advantage of the 35% off, for a 5 night stay. Which I think means 5 nights costs 80,000 less 35% = 52,000 points.

I'll report back after I checkin.

Wonder if I should use suite nights at this property - anyone had any luck with this?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 5:02 pm

Hotel Imperial Vienna Renovations

Are the public rooms affected by the renovations? How about the restaurants? Going in Sept.

Should I stay elsewhere?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by FlyingHi4Now

Should I stay elsewhere?
Not sure about the renovations, but I would never stay here again!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:34 am
Community Director Emerita

The hotel continues to have an instant award for its Imperial Torte. You do not have to be a guest of the hotel in order to redeem points. The 9 piece, queen size torte, sells for 38.5 euros in a wooden gift box or 3,750 Starwood points.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 1:01 pm

I stayed for 3 nights at old rate of 8,000 points + $150/night. I feel that the price I paid was a rip-off. No specific bad experience with any part of the hotel or staff member, I just believe redeeming SPG points at this hotel is not worth it. As a SPG Gold member, I got welcome gift (3 or 4 nectarines) and upgrade to a room with sitting area and no view. Welcome gift and room upgrade were appreciated.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by michael_v
I stayed for 3 nights at old rate of 8,000 points + $150/night. I feel that the price I paid was a rip-off.
This is actually a very good deal for a property priced around Euro 350 with a few dates available below Euro 300 throughout the year.

One should not forget however that the package tourist quarters of the hotel are not comparable with the more upscale part on the higher floors.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 4:57 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Hotel Imperial is available on Beat The Timer every once in a while at 270€.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by michael_v
I stayed for 3 nights at old rate of 8,000 points + $150/night. I feel that the price I paid was a rip-off. No specific bad experience with any part of the hotel or staff member, I just believe redeeming SPG points at this hotel is not worth it. As a SPG Gold member, I got welcome gift (3 or 4 nectarines) and upgrade to a room with sitting area and no view. Welcome gift and room upgrade were appreciated.
We stayed on this rate as well last year for 2 nights also as golds. I thought it was fine and was a decent value rather than paying 20K points/night for this hotel. We also got a room with a sitting area and had a view of the street. Staff was very helpful at this hotel.

We moved over to the Hotel Bristol for 1 night and got treated to a phenomenal view over there.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by remymartin
Hotel Imperial is available on Beat The Timer every once in a while at 270€.
Actually... BeatTheTimer is just a shortcut for the SET code. You can book with that rate even if the hotel isn't displayed on BeatTheTimer.com
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:36 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by zagy
Actually... BeatTheTimer is just a shortcut for the SET code. You can book with that rate even if the hotel isn't displayed on BeatTheTimer.com
Normally I would agree, but I ran into an example where a property was bookable for certain dates on BTT, but the SET code on spg.com wasn't available.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 3:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by sent
We stayed on this rate as well last year for 2 nights also as golds. I thought it was fine and was a decent value rather than paying 20K points/night for this hotel. We also got a room with a sitting area and had a view of the street. Staff was very helpful at this hotel.

We moved over to the Hotel Bristol for 1 night and got treated to a phenomenal view over there.
Speaking of value in Vienna..., the Bristol has always been a bit cheaper than the Imperial and offered comparable value, especially if you do not care about the brand reputation. The Sacher as well as the Imperial are certainly among the leaders when it comes to brand reputation across the globe.

RC has joined the party in Vienna just recently and offers comparable rates, a Park Hyatt will soon follow.

Renovations are long long overdue at the Imperial, so letīs hope that the new arrivals will motivate the owners to invest some serious money for a complete renovation, not only for certain parts of the hotel.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FD1971
Speaking of value in Vienna..., the Bristol has always been a bit cheaper than the Imperial and offered comparable value, especially if you do not care about the brand reputation. The Sacher as well as the Imperial are certainly among the leaders when it comes to brand reputation across the globe.

RC has joined the party in Vienna just recently and offers comparable rates, a Park Hyatt will soon follow.

Renovations are long long overdue at the Imperial, so letīs hope that the new arrivals will motivate the owners to invest some serious money for a complete renovation, not only for certain parts of the hotel.
I hope & pray they dont do any renovs. Its an old classic Grand Dame and should remain as such. I loved it when I stayed there a few yrs ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.