Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ial-suite-2198
Print Wikipost

Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:09 pm

Can anyone comment on this hotel VS the Ritz for a couple's anniversary? We are Marriott gold. No SNA's to use or anything.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:14 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jbandy10
Can anyone comment on this hotel VS the Ritz for a couple's anniversary? We are Marriott gold. No SNA's to use or anything.
You wouldn’t get breakfast or suite upgrades at either, so I’d still pick the Imperial. It’s sublime and among the best in town. If you like more modern accommodations, though, the RC might be better in that (and only that) regard. Everything is to a higher standard at the Imperial, though.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I haven't stayed at the Ritz but I have stayed here a couple of times.

The location and staff are hard to beat. Not sure where you're from but this is classical Viennese at its finest. Based on my reviews of the RC and having stayed at the Imperial, I'd recommend the Imperial.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
This is a great hotel! Great staff, classy bar, perfect location, great breakfast.

On my last stay, I was upgraded to the Elisabeth Suite without SNA's. A fruit plate was waiting but no champagne or wine.

Might be more difficult to score upgrades during peak tourist season.
Will be going there in January. hopefully its not peak tourist season
C17PSGR and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Christmas markets stay open until something like the 5-10th January. After that it does get quiet as Vienna freezes.
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:38 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Will be going there in January. hopefully its not peak tourist season

Depending upon your dates it is Ball Season- it peaks in January and February with several important balls. During the ball season, space at local hotels fills up fast.
EuropeanPete and kaizen7 like this.

Last edited by damon88; Aug 4, 2019 at 11:44 pm
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I haven't stayed at the Ritz but I have stayed here a couple of times.

The location and staff are hard to beat. Not sure where you're from but this is classical Viennese at its finest. Based on my reviews of the RC and having stayed at the Imperial, I'd recommend the Imperial.
Actually, I think the Bristol has a better location although overall the Imperial is superior.

IMO for best hotel in town. It's a tie between the Imperial and the PH, which is located on a quiet historic square in the center of town (will inside the ring street).
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:49 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
I have stayed several times at the Bristol which is slightly more central. Each time had amazing suite upgrades. I was travelling on one occasion with my sister who is only gold and she also received an upgrade but that was some years ago
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by damon88

Depending upon your dates it is Ball Season- it peaks in January and February with several important balls. During the ball season, space at local hotels fills up fast.
28/1-2/2 ..... hopefully its not full 😅😅😅
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:58 am

I'm waffling between 5 nights here as Marriott Gold and 5 nights at the Dubrovnik Hotel Imperial as Hilton Diamond. To be honest, I'm a little more impressed with the Vienna location, but the possiblity of a suite upgrade as Diamond is making me have second thoughts. The locales are also quite different as well.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:53 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jbandy10
I'm waffling between 5 nights here as Marriott Gold and 5 nights at the Dubrovnik Hotel Imperial as Hilton Diamond. To be honest, I'm a little more impressed with the Vienna location, but the possiblity of a suite upgrade as Diamond is making me have second thoughts. The locales are also quite different as well.
Well, the Hotel Imperial Vienna is a proper 5 star luxury hotel and one of the finest hotels in the world. And the Dubrovnik Imperial Hilton is just a very nice hotel in a much less sophisticated hotel market. Aside from the fact that they both have the word Imperial in their name, I think you'll find they aren't in the same class.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Well, the Hotel Imperial Vienna is a proper 5 star luxury hotel and one of the finest hotels in the world. And the Dubrovnik Imperial Hilton is just a very nice hotel in a much less sophisticated hotel market. Aside from the fact that they both have the word Imperial in their name, I think you'll find they aren't in the same class.
I suspected as much. Looks like the Vienna Imperial is just on another level of quality even though the DBV Imperial is certainly no slouch. I suspect even a suite upgrade at DBV would still pale compared to a nice room in Vienna.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I absolutely loved my stay here this summer. As others have pointed out, this is the epitome of elegance and classical Viennese luxury. I had the pleasure of staying here for a week in June when I visited Vienna for the Euro Pride celebration. I loved the hotel so much that I'm already looking at next June to see if I can combine another trip to Vienna with Vienna Pride.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Anyone have the concierge e-mail address?

Any benefit booking the hotel transfer? More luck getting a decent upgrade? Get in late with GF so don't want to muck about with Uber/Taxi unless Uber is really easy. Most airport ask you to wait in a car park etc which is hassle late at night.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
uber

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Anyone have the concierge e-mail address?

Any benefit booking the hotel transfer? More luck getting a decent upgrade? Get in late with GF so don't want to muck about with Uber/Taxi unless Uber is really easy. Most airport ask you to wait in a car park etc which is hassle late at night.
uber in Vienna is pretty easy. Had no trouble using uber to get from airport to Hotel Imperial.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.