Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ial-suite-2198
Print Wikipost

Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
My Sisi Suite on the other side of the Mezzanine floor last week was very yellow, but without the extra ceiling treatments. The blue room comes across better in the pictures as the wall coverings are more bold.

Was there 3 nights and didn't have any issue at breakfast - they were great to me.

Upon checkout, I had an interesting interaction as I was waiting for a couple to check in - they were upgraded as a Plat to a Sisi suite, but were told the room (it was 2pm) wouldn't be ready until after 4pm as a Ti member was having late checkout that day. That sounded like me, so I spoke up and everybody seemed to be happy that they would be able to get into the room earlier. Hah.

I probably didn't need to use SNAs at this property... But bottom line is that I loved it here, and seeing the latest pictures from the Bristol post, I would absolutely stay at the Imperial again and would highly recommend it.
Yeah, I would go back here, too - I really liked the hard product, and breakfast was fine since they do made-to-order foods - it would probably be better if I ate earlier than 9:30, which I normally would, but the bed was so comfortable that I got a better night's sleep here. I'll mark the weird checkout as potential miscommunication - maybe they wanted to help me pack - hah!
Old Sep 6, 2023, 3:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
A couple of comments re: ElevatorEnthusiast photos above:
1. There are no people shown in the public areas! So I guess he didn’t take them but rather used photos from the hotel.
2. The omelet looks liked they cooked the hell out of it; doesn’t look appetizing.
By the way, I always enjoy reading ElevatorEnthusiast’s posts. Always very informative.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 4:24 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by HookEm
1. There are no people shown in the public areas! So I guess he didn’t take them but rather used photos from the hotel.
2. The omelet looks liked they cooked the hell out of it; doesn’t look appetizing.
By the way, I always enjoy reading ElevatorEnthusiast’s posts. Always very informative.
I deliberately shoot my photos to avoid people (and sometimes crop them to the same effect) as I always worry about posting the likenesses of strangers online - this is why many of my reviews don't include things like pool photos, etc. - luckily, many of the prettiest parts of this property are in the hallways where people wouldn't be congregating. I got lucky on the lobby shot as I was able to shoot away from the desk.

As for the omelet, it did look overcooked, but was decently soft on the inside. It was still better than the cold buffet scrambled eggs.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 4:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
From my own experience of staying there: those stairs and corridors are quite beautiful but rather seldomly used by guests. As far as I can see there is only one photo of the lobby (two if you count the chandelier photo) and I don't find it unusual to take such a shot when there are no people around...
dgreen12 and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 5:19 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
I think the lid of the toilet would have been closed before the photo was snapped in a professionally done hotel photo. Just sayin'.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 5:52 pm

Is it always the case that a deluxe room books for the same number of points as a classic room or is that just at the moment?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:27 am

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Had a three night stay here in two rooms earlier over Christmas. It was very good.

Because breakfast for both rooms was included in my rate, I was offered a welcom gift of the points or a takeaway Imperial Cake (the famous cake originated at this hotel). I had the cake delivered on the final night and I would recommend this opiton if breakfast is included in your rate.

Breakfast was good. It is a buffet style with select dishes able to be ordered - omlettes, porridge, benedicts, etc. Champage is included. It's LP.

We were proactively both upgraded to the junior suite about four days in advance, however, when checking in one room was downgraded to the base level room because upgrades are reserved for elites (they had no status despite both booked under my account.) I am not complaining because this follows the rules, but something to keep mind of if you're proactively upgraded. Oddly - the base level room's door opened outwards. I've never seen this anywhere else.

Pros:
  • bed is fantastic
  • breakfast is great - you can order dishes and buffet items. All coffee types are included
  • the ambience/history of the hotel is fascinating. I had a great time exploring the hotel and history.
  • staff were very eager to chat and help - doormen/front desk especially!

dgreen12, dcmike and jaejaez like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
The Imperial torte is very good!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.