Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ial-suite-2198
Print Wikipost

Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nevsky
I should have said "direction Floridsdorf" (at least that is what the Wiener Linien directions say) and change at Wien Mitte. Some trains such as the CAT have a different direction, but also necessary to change at Wien Mitte.

And yes, I will be there Labor Day weekend.
If I remember correctly the Cat has its own station, the S has its own and the U has its own. I believe you have to exit the S cross the street and enter the U, be careful as there are a couple of different U lines that stop there on different levels

The Cat will save you appx 10 mins but IMO not worth it as the S is alot cheaper. They both use the same tracks from VIE into the city. The CAT is 10 euro and the S is 3.60 either way buy your tkt before getting on, they do check and punch them , unlike some other cities

To exit the S you walk thru sort of a shopping center.

Dont remember if there was a way to simply transfer any other way. Rennweg might be a better way to handle it all, although a cabbie wont be too happy with such a short ride. Never used Rennweg, but will next Mon morn

Last edited by craz; Sep 2, 2009 at 9:23 am
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by LH738
You might want to consider an alternative. You can change at Rennweg from S-Bahn to tram 71 towards Schwarzenbergplatz. The tram stops close to the Imperial at Schubertring (so not an option for the Bristol).
I have done this transfer in the past. IMO, much better compared to the U4 and the walk from Karlsplatz.

The Imperial is a great hotel. I received an upgrade to a wonderful suite with a huge jacuzzi. The concierge made excellent suggestions and managed to secure tickets for the opera ^.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 5:41 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by craz
wont have computer access after Fri morn, switching Hotels to The Imperial
Don't forget the Hotel Imperial has a Business Center on the first floor that anybody can use for free. If I recall correctly, there are 2 PC's and plenty of desks/cubicles with wired internet access for your laptop.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Condition One
Don't forget the Hotel Imperial has a Business Center on the first floor that anybody can use for free. If I recall correctly, there are 2 PC's and plenty of desks/cubicles with wired internet access for your laptop.

Thanks for the tip on the computers, I dont travel with a LT

Presently in Lyon,Fr DL arrived 2 hrs early so now I have a 6 hr layover
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:30 pm

Thumbs up

Fabulous Stay Report!

Just wanted to let everyone know that this hotel is magnificent. Service is great... Food is great (we ate in every night it was that good).

My wife and I spent 5 days in Vienna, and just returned. We used points for two nights and three nights of free weekend nights due to this year promo...

We were easily upsold into a massive two-storey suite for 200 Euros per night. (Retail on the room was 1700 Euros per night).

Fabulous. Great View of the city from our balcony on the 5th floor.

Highly, highly recommended, and will definitely return again.

tx

P
Old Sep 7, 2009, 1:02 am
Suspended

A Heads Up

I received a phone message and a number to call back. I knew the person lived just a few blocks from the Hotel, but due to time constraits I called using the phone in the room.

Yes I knew it was 1.25 euro per min, but hoped to be on for 2-3 mins only

This morning checking out I was told my total bill was only that call and it was 36+ euro. Seems the # left was a mobile # and even thou its a local mobile # , the Hotel charges 6+ euros per min for Mobile #s.

So my 6 min call was 36+ euros.

Without a word by me except , I knew it was 1.25 euro per min but didnt know of any additional charge if it was to a mobile #, they simply removed the whole charge, asI held out my CC

but be careful
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:46 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Some pictures from my last stay (Imperial Junior Suite)
+ Great atmosphere.
+ Good location.
+ Large bathroom with huge jacuzzi tub.
+ Excellent Platinum recognition.
- No lounge.
- No Spa, small Fitness center.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:51 am
Suspended

Some pictures from my last stay (Imperial Junior Suite)
+ Great atmosphere.
+ Good location.
+ Large bathroom with huge jacuzzi tub.
+ Excellent Platinum recognition.
- No lounge.
- No Spa, small Fitness center.

I was there last weekend and I did not see a good Patinum recogniton. All I got was a small junior suite, which was nothing more than a large room. I doubt that I will go there again in the near future.

Besides, not even free breakfast for Platinums. That hotel is no good for me.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:57 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by nissan motor
Sorry, this is a wrong expectation. Free breakfast for Platinums is not a perk of SPG.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 2:00 am
Suspended

Sorry, this is a wrong expectation. Free breakfast for Platinums is not a perk of SPG.
I know that it is not a perk but I expect at least a club lounge with some drinks and breakfast. And i high-end luxury hotels such as the Imperial, I expect it even more.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 2:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
I was there last weekend and I did not see a good Patinum recogniton. All I got was a small junior suite, which was nothing more than a large room. I doubt that I will go there again in the near future.

Sounds like a nice upgrade according to the rules.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 5:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FD1971
Sounds like a nice upgrade according to the rules.
Yes, that's what is was. Nothing more and nothing less.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:33 am
Community Director Emerita

I know that it is not a perk but I expect at least a club lounge with some drinks and breakfast. And i high-end luxury hotels such as the Imperial, I expect it even more.
I've now stayed in quite a range of Starwood properties in Europe. Club lounges are very much the exception. If this is the perk that is important to you - and I can understand why it would be - Hilton is much more likely to offer a lounge. And Hyatt offers free breakfast to all its elites. However, there are always tradeoffs - and the Hiltons in Vienna do not have the rich history and sense of place of this hotel.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:41 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Condition One
Had no idea about this. They didn't really tell me much when I checked in.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Actually hardly any high end luxury hotel has a club lounge, the lounges were invented as a perk for the more demanding business traveler willing to pay some bucks more, so can be found mainly at hotels positioned to attract the average business traveler...and as pointed out already, places like the Vienna Hilton or the Interconti Vienna will offer you a club lounge...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.