Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by cln
Hotel is good as well is location and lounge.....

BUT pool and sauna will be closed indefinitely...
it was under renovation and now I've just read this message on their website...

Loved this hotel exactly because of the option of taking a dip in the pool and sauna after a long day...
very disappointing. Looks like hilton city will be my choice in the future..
( sheraton congress also gone)

If u dont mind about no pool and sauna go i would still recommend it
the pool would have been nice but no pool is not a deal breaker....the other hotels i was considering don't have a pool in any case....
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:07 am

Was honestly shocked when I saw the note on their site about the sauna being closed indefinitely. I figured a full service hotel in Germany would not last a week without one.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards
Thumbs down Nothing "Grand" about this hotel

At best a 3-star property. The carpet is badly stained, the paint is chipped away from the door jambs and curtains are dangling from their rods. I have stayed at Marriott Hotels world-wide and this former Starwood property is an embarrassment to the Marriott brand. The "Fitness Center" is laughable and the Sauna has been perpetually closed for repair. When you add all of the shortcomings of this hotel to the fact that management refuses to recognize Marriott Elite status, you will find that there is no reason to stay here when there are many excellent alternatives. My advice to Marriott Rewards members: don't stay here, stay at a true Marriott hotel.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any suggestions on how to get here from the airport????

i am not looking at public transportation since i will have my family with me & a lot of luggage....a large taxi (van) would be most preferable....would anyone know if those are easily available at the airport & if not then does someone have a recommendation on how i can book one in advance????

the hotel is quoting €150 each way, which is a little more than i would want to spend....

Last edited by Keyser; May 20, 2019 at 3:24 am
Old May 20, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: TG Plat, AF Lifetime Plat , QR plat , SPG Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
any suggestions on how to get here from the airport????

i am not looking at public transportation since i will have my family with me & a lot of luggage....a large taxi (van) would be most preferable....would anyone know if those are easily available at the airport & if not then does someone have a recommendation on how i can book one in advance????

the hotel is quoting €150 each way, which is a little more than i would want to spend....
Plenty of taxis, including vans, available at the Airport . The one way fare to the hotel is around 35 Euros .
Old May 20, 2019, 5:00 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
You could also take the S-Bahn from Frankfurt Airport to Konstablerwache station right outside the hotel - I did this coming from/going to the airport last I was at the hotel. No changes, a straight shot and the cheapest of all transport options.

khabah
Old May 20, 2019, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lament
Plenty of taxis, including vans, available at the Airport . The one way fare to the hotel is around 35 Euros .
thanks....we will have at least 4 suitcases & a stroller so will definitely need a van....i just wasn't sure if taxi vans were readily available at the airport....
Old May 20, 2019, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khabah
You could also take the S-Bahn from Frankfurt Airport to Konstablerwache station right outside the hotel - I did this coming from/going to the airport last I was at the hotel. No changes, a straight shot and the cheapest of all transport options.

khabah
i have used public transportation in frankfurt before & its pretty convenient but this time it won't be possible with 4 suitcases, a stroller & 2 small kids....
Old May 20, 2019, 7:01 am

FRA airport transportation page says "Large-capacity taxis for up to seven persons are also available"

Them googles, gotta love 'em...
Old May 20, 2019, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arlflyer
FRA airport transportation page says "Large-capacity taxis for up to seven persons are also available"

Them googles, gotta love 'em...
i may not be looking in the right area but i could only find the following page that talks about arriving at the airport:

https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en...g-by-taxi.html

it further states:

Large-capacity taxis for up to seven persons are also available in the Frankfurt area
not sure if that means the large taxis are available in the city or at the airport....i have been to many airports where the larger taxis are either very few in number or have to be ordered in advance....was not sure if it was the same in fra....
Old May 30, 2019, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

applied suite nights here for my stay next week....for those who have stayed in either (or both) the duplex suite & the westin grand suite, is one better than the other????

as of now i have only picked the westin grand suite....
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
applied suite nights here for my stay next week....for those who have stayed in either (or both) the duplex suite & the westin grand suite, is one better than the other????

as of now i have only picked the westin grand suite....
How was the Grand Suite? I just had some SNA clear into this room for next week.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edbyu
How was the Grand Suite? I just had some SNA clear into this room for next week.
decent suite....good sized sitting area, dining table with 4 chairs, one & a half bathrooms....i wouldn't mind using suite nights here again....
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Delayed review - Stayed here 2x in 2018 each time for one night, and would definitely return. Room was ready when I arrive at 10am - nice and quiet not facing the main street. There is a nice German restaurant about a block from the hotel with outdoor seating if you are looking for a late meal. Also many small shops and restaurants in the surrounding area. Took airport train to hotel - very fast and the stop is about a block from the hotel entrance. Took a taxi back to the airport which was also relatively cheap (around 30 Euro or so). Overall I really like the location.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Is the Exe Lounge still there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.