Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2023, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Horace
A convention hotel does not need to have "conference center" in its name, but it it's reasonable to expect it to show up as a convention hotel on Marriott.com. Westin Grand Frankfurt shows up as a convention hotel. See https://www.marriott.com/emea-conven...tion-hotels.mi

Here's how the benefit is worded in the Marriott Bonvoy Loyalty Program Terms & Conditions:

According to this wording, 4 p.m. Late Checkout at the Westin Grand Frankfurt is "based upon availability." In other words, the hotel should make an effort, unless there are circumstances that warrant saying no. The hotel is not "excluded from this benefit" and should not routinely say that late check-out does not apply there.
this seems a bit confusing. If you go to Marriott’s directly site and filter by “convention” you get two hotels in the world:

https://www.marriott.com/hotel-searc...erApplied=true

there’s a thread from 6 years ago and doesn’t seem to be that anyone came to a conclusion -

Convention hotels

if you got to the general Marriott website for “conventions” and search a city like Dallas, it looks like it returns almost every hotel in the city -

https://www.marriott.com/meeting-eve...conventions.mi

while this hotel is apart of some “EMEA convention network”, I find it not very convention like with <10,000 sq ft of conference space. I have to imagine 90%+ of Marriott branded hotels have more than that. Are they convention hotels too?

Although they’re part of a centralized convention booking network, I don’t really consider the hotel a convention hotel.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 11:24 pm

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Many late check outs handled nicely in this property in the past, sometimes even 5pm etc… Sad if the policy is changing, hopefully just a bad luck.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 11:27 pm

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mayday23
Does the lounge offer complementary alcohol? Anyone know if the Marriott MClub lounge does? Sad to say that’s a deciding factor for me.
Beer and wine available, don’t recall any harder spirts
Old Jul 24, 2023, 2:23 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kelju
Beer and wine available, don’t recall any harder spirts
do they have sparkling wine?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
do they have sparkling wine?
I don’t believe they did, but we’re not sparkling wine drinkers so not 100% sure
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 12:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Hi all. Great to see some very favorable reviews of this hotel since it re-opened!

I'm considering this hotel for a weekend stay sometime in August. Excuse the potentially stupid question, but as a Platinum Elite, would I get access to the Westin Club, or does this hotel operate in the same way to, e.g., Ritz Carlton, where you have to book a Club-level room to get Club access?

Any insight welcome! Thank you in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.