Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by carpetbagger
I had to stay one night in the Westin Frankfurt and the price was around 180 € on the SPG webpage. I found it as "secret hotel" on lastminute.de for 89 € and booked it.Did not expect any perks in this hotel for my platinum status as I had never get any upgrade. When checking in and showing my SPG card I got an upgrade to a suite on the 6th floor, access to the lounge, free internet and late check-out. Amazing this hotel. When booking on the SPG webpage for a high price I get no goodies, booking it deeply discounted I get all goodies!

^
Did you receive stay credit and points for this stay? I assume there was no SPG information in the reservation and only showing SPG card did you receive the upgrade. I've never checked lastminute.de (I'll have problem navigating in German anyway), but I may learn how to make hotel reservations in German if the deals can be that good.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: lh sen
For two beers from the minibar they charged 11 € and 12 points were posted to my SPG account.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Asiana Club Dmnd (*G), AA plat, Alitalia FA, SPG Plat, Accor Plat, HGP Dmnd, HH Dmnd
That sucks. Out of interest, how do you know(assuming the room rate was in euros)?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:15 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Hi all -

Heading to Frankfurt for the IAA between the 20th and 23rd of September and booked a stay here. Any recent stay reports + feedback?

Thank you!

khabah
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Currently on a one-night stay here and would recommend the hotel. Perfectly fine place, and the club lounge, as noted above, is nice because it has kind of a terrace overlooking the lobby, so it's not as stuffy feeling as many club lounges.

Booked a regular room, prepaid rate was ~130 euro on spg.com. At check-in, I asked about an upgrade, they said that they had no junior suites available (SPG.com corroborated this, I had checked on the way in) but that they could upgrade me to the Grand Suite for 50 euro, which is the upsell rate for someone already in a junior suite, or I could keep the grand deluxe (non-suite) room they had assigned me. I happily paid the 50 euro and found it well worth it -- very large, functional living area with couches, a dining table for four, a desk; two full bathrooms (one with a shower, one with a jacuzzi tub), and a bedroom sufficiently separated from the living area that I can be on my computer without disturbing my sleeping +1.

Some street parking looked to be available, but not wanting to hassle with it, I just self-parked in the garage below for 23 euro.

I can't comment on the regular rooms here, and I probably wouldn't have found it a good value without the club lounge, which my wife and I both happened to make good use of for dinner (and will for breakfast). We're just staying the night before flying out in the morning.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Currently on a one-night stay here and would recommend the hotel. Perfectly fine place, and the club lounge, as noted above, is nice because it has kind of a terrace overlooking the lobby, so it's not as stuffy feeling as many club lounges.

Booked a regular room, prepaid rate was ~130 euro on spg.com. At check-in, I asked about an upgrade, they said that they had no junior suites available (SPG.com corroborated this, I had checked on the way in) but that they could upgrade me to the Grand Suite for 50 euro, which is the upsell rate for someone already in a junior suite, or I could keep the grand deluxe (non-suite) room they had assigned me. I happily paid the 50 euro and found it well worth it -- very large, functional living area with couches, a dining table for four, a desk; two full bathrooms (one with a shower, one with a jacuzzi tub), and a bedroom sufficiently separated from the living area that I can be on my computer without disturbing my sleeping +1.

Some street parking looked to be available, but not wanting to hassle with it, I just self-parked in the garage below for 23 euro.

I can't comment on the regular rooms here, and I probably wouldn't have found it a good value without the club lounge, which my wife and I both happened to make good use of for dinner (and will for breakfast). We're just staying the night before flying out in the morning.
thanks for the review; much appreciated!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
but that they could upgrade me to the Grand Suite for 50 euro, which is the upsell rate for someone already in a junior suite, or I could keep the grand deluxe (non-suite) room they had assigned me. I happily paid the 50 euro and found it well worth it -- very large, functional living area with couches, a dining table for four, a desk; two full bathrooms (one with a shower, one with a jacuzzi tub), and a bedroom sufficiently separated from the living area that I can be on my computer without disturbing my sleeping +1.
Can the grand suite accommodate 4 guests easily (family of 4)?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Can the grand suite accommodate 4 guests easily (family of 4)?
4 seems like a tight fit. Our room (#492) had an additional couch in the bedroom that looked like a sofabed -- at least it was long enough that it would seem fine to set up for sleeping. So you could have one in that bed and two in the king bed. Maybe with a rollaway then you could have 4, but I would expect you'd have to pay extra person charges plus a rollaway charge or something. And I don't think the extra couch in the bedroom is part of the "standard" Grand Suite setup, at least as far as the hotel website's pictures indicate. I would definitely call the property to figure that out in advance...

The main problem is that the couches in the living room really aren't good for sleeping, unless it was a child maybe, but even then they are firm leather that are good for sitting but I wouldn't think so good for sleeping.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Recently had a one night stay and got upgraded to a grand suite on a AAA rate! Very pleasant surprise for this SPG Plat.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Is the lounge open on weekends?

Saw earlier post - yes open on weekends.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
What is experience here with early checkin @11am on a weekend? Arriving on a TATL flight and would prefer to shower in the room rather than the airport lounge.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:01 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
What is experience here with early checkin @11am on a weekend? Arriving on a TATL flight and would prefer to shower in the room rather than the airport lounge.
Don’t know hotel policy but definitely check to ensure there is not trade fair scheduled to take place in Frankfurt especially the day before your scheduled check-in.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by seawolf

Don’t know hotel policy but definitely check to ensure there is not trade fair scheduled to take place in Frankfurt especially the day before your scheduled check-in.
This and the hotel is used by flight crew and they get their rooms when they get there. I was behind a whole line of UA crew last time and they all naturally got rooms and I was told I needed to wait for a room to be cleaned.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any recent stays????

considering the westin as an option for a 4 night stay with family in a few months....

Last edited by Keyser; Dec 25, 2018 at 3:29 am
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:06 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Hotel is good as well is location and lounge.....

BUT pool and sauna will be closed indefinitely...
it was under renovation and now I've just read this message on their website...

Loved this hotel exactly because of the option of taking a dip in the pool and sauna after a long day...
very disappointing. Looks like hilton city will be my choice in the future..
( sheraton congress also gone)

If u dont mind about no pool and sauna go i would still recommend it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.