Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, post 2007 renovation [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: FSPP, Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini Club, STARS, Hyatt Privé, Peninsula PenClub, etc.
Husband stayed here recently and was neutral on it. In his words: "good, serviceable hotel for a business trip or a quick overnight, but not for families."
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: LH Sen, UA 1K, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platin Ambassador
Had a Hotescape-stay this weekend at Westin Grand Frankfurt.

As a Platinum I was upgrades from a classic room to the Westin Grand Suite. It is the biggest suite I've ever seen in this hotel (had about 15 stays before).
This suite had two full bathrooms, a very large couch area, a dining table for four and a large work area. The entrance hall was also huge and the sleeping room had an armchair besides the kingsize-bed, the tv and the big wardrobe.

Nice Nespresso coffee mashine, free water and upscale bath amenities (not the white tea series I like so much) were plusses, too.

Breakfast in Lounge was good, friendly staff as every time I stayed there.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: LH Sen, SPG Platinium, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ClaudiSTR
Had a Hotescape-stay this weekend at Westin Grand Frankfurt.

As a Platinum I was upgrades from a classic room to the Westin Grand Suite. It is the biggest suite I've ever seen in this hotel (had about 15 stays before).
This suite had two full bathrooms, a very large couch area, a dining table for four and a large work area. The entrance hall was also huge and the sleeping room had an armchair besides the kingsize-bed, the tv and the big wardrobe.

Nice Nespresso coffee mashine, free water and upscale bath amenities (not the white tea series I like so much) were plusses, too.

Breakfast in Lounge was good, friendly staff as every time I stayed there.
And you did not invite us!

Most of my stays here are upgraded to suites, but nit the big one. They carry about their guest, but I must say that the new team is not so good as the old one. But at least they intruduced applewine in the lounge after some complaints from me :P
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: DL - DM, SPG - Plat
Just finished a 1 night stay here. I was unsure what to expect, the messages here seem to indicate a lot of inconsistency at this property. I booked a prepaid Classic room and was upgraded to a Jr Suite at checkin as a Platinum. The room was big enough and I enjoyed the property. The club lounge was ok, nothing special, but definitely not bad. On Sunday morning, the lounge was closed so I had breakfast at the restaurant. Because the lounge was closed, the were making breakfast free for anyone with lounge access. Definitely a good breakfast.

And, as others have commented, the location is great. Arriving at FRA airport and taking the S8 train 5 stops is both simple and inexpensive. There is a lot to do right around this property.

I'd stay here again, next time I visit Frankfurt.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: DL - DM, SPG - Plat
<deleted>

Last edited by campbe79; Jan 19, 2014 at 11:01 am Reason: duplicate
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Without FATIH the Westin would be a desert...

Only in German: http://www.tophotel.de/hoteltests/lu...=1&limitstart=
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: lh sen
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Without FATIH the Westin would be a desert...

Only in German: http://www.tophotel.de/hoteltests/lu...=1&limitstart=

Excellent review and very true.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: lh sen
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Amazing. I get suites at both places all the time and I really like the charme of the suites in the old part of the LM. If you arrive by train, the LM is by far easier, if you arrive by S-bahn, the Westin is easier. The LM is closer to the financial and legal district, the Westin is at the far end of the shopping mile.

You are really lucky getting always upgrades to a suite. We stayed last thursday and friday in the Westin and we got "upgrades" to standard rooms on the 5th floor - room 554 and 511 - where the hotel has put outside the sign Preferred Guest. 511 has a view to the "countryside" which means to an ugly backyard. Room 511 was dirty and the desk was falling apart.

I do not know what the Flying Lawyer means with the legal district near to the LM. The LM is right in the Frankfurt red light district called Bahnhofsgegend infamous for its brothels.. The Westin is opposite to the civil courts of Frankfurt and in the middle of the gay district with hookers and panhandlers on every corner. The nearby station Konstablerwache is the market place for pot (marihuana) while next to the LM (at the Kaisersack) they push the hard drugs.

Both Starwood hotels in Frankfurt are not in an area where I would accomodate my mother-in-law and I know what I am talking about: I am a happy and proud native of Frankfurt.

Last edited by carpetbagger; Jan 22, 2014 at 5:41 pm
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by carpetbagger
You are really lucky getting always upgrades to a suite. We stayed last thursday and friday in the Westin and we got "upgrades" to standard rooms on the 5th floor - room 554 and 511 - where the hotel has put outside the sign Preferred Guest. 511 has a view to the "countryside" which means to an ugly backyard. Room 511 was dirty and the desk was falling apart.

I do not know what the Flying Lawyer means with the legal district near to the LM. The LM is right in the Frankfurt red light district called Bahnhofsgegend infamous for its brothels.. The Westin is opposite to the civil courts of Frankfurt and in the middle of the gay district with hookers and panhandlers on every corner. The nearby station Konstablerwache is the market place for pot (marihuana) while next to the LM (at the Kaisersack) they push the hard drugs.

Both Starwood hotels in Frankfurt are not in an area where I would accomodate my mother-in-law and I know what I am talking about: I am a happy and proud native of Frankfurt.
Your review seems to be marked by not getting an upgrade on your last stay. Please do not let your emotions take over.

The Westin is also right on the Zeil with the highest revenue per square meter for many retailers in Germany, so your description is massively overblown. Of course, the location is not comparable to Hamburg or Leipzig, but it is not nearly as bad as you have stated.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 6:12 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
From FRA it is the sixth stop on S8 or S9 to Westin. Two flights up then less than three minute walk.
Can someone give directions from the S-bahn stop?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Going from memory with only one visit to this hotel. Of course it depends on which exit you take from the station, but...

With your back to a large public square, facing a bunch of s-bahn rail lines, standing on the side of the street opposite those s-bahn lines, turn left and walk about two blocks, max.

I'm sure I'm off, but really exit the u-bahn and look down the street...you'll see the hotel.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dingo
Going from memory with only one visit to this hotel. Of course it depends on which exit you take from the station, but...

With your back to a large public square, facing a bunch of s-bahn rail lines, standing on the side of the street opposite those s-bahn lines, turn left and walk about two blocks, max.

I'm sure I'm off, but really exit the u-bahn and look down the street...you'll see the hotel.
Was there a week ago, think you are spot on. Super easy. Nice hotel.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 2:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Can someone give directions from the S-bahn stop?
There are several exits from the S Bahn station, you should look for the one leading to Konrad Adenauer Str. and not the one leading to Kurt Schumacher Str.

If you leave the station, look for the Conrad Electronics store at the corner of the Zeil and Konrad Adenauer Strasse, the Westin is just 100m down the street behind this store and a Sixt station on this side of the street. Do not cross the street, there is a C&A store on the other side of the street. The Westin is a bronze-coloured building on the 'Conrad & Sixt' side of the street directly across from a fairly large C&A store.

Depending on whether you take the escalator or elevator, it is a right or left turn, so it is better you use the Conrad store to navigate.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 3:43 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
this hotel is going for 89€ on many dates via secretdeal on lastminute.de ( no BRG possible )
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:49 am
Community Director Emerita

Thank you to those who helped me with directions. I appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.