Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: UA Plat
What’s the best way to contact the resort? I emailed them last week about my reservation during the closure, but they haven’t responded. I want to make sure I can switch to the W or Ritz before the points devaluation
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:09 pm

Any guesses on what cuisine the new restaurant will be?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by Dn10
I thought I read it was Mexican?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by jmail1
Really? Where did you see that? Would be an interesting choice for the Maldives...especially at the St Regis price point.
estnet likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Honors Gold
Standard Room?

Does anyone know what the standard room here at the St. Regis is? I know they have a 'Garden Villa with Pool, 1 Bedroom Villa, 1 King, Sofa bed' but I would have sworn I had seen during their peak pricing the 'Overwater Villa with Pool, 1 Bedroom Villa, 1 King, Sofa bed' as 100k points. Looking at booking a year from now, and I am seeing the overwater villa at 110k points. Is this property playing hard and fast with the point system and charging more before the upcoming devaluation (not far from the Flexible Point Redemptions for 2022 as indicated by Marriott of 120k points) or am I just mistaken and in the last few months this property has always charged 110k points for the overwater villa during peak pricing?

PDF link by Marriott host by TPG of the upcoming redemptions for 2022 for this property is listed on PDF page 5. "The minimum and maximum points for these hotels are increasing by up to 20,000pts".

At 110k points for the St. Regis, is the newer Ritz Carlton Maldives property worth looking at for overwater villas at 100k points? Basically the only benefit for a Titanium like myself is free breakfast at the St. Regis. 50k more points for $600 in benefit ($60 per person x2 for 5 days for the breakfast buffet at the Ritz), which isn't terrible redemption value.

Screenshot of a random week in Jan 2023 at 110k points per night, so 450k points total (just 100k discounted for 5th night free).

Random 5 day reservation in Jan 2023 for the overwater villa at the St. Regis Maldives

Last edited by PinaColada; Feb 28, 2022 at 4:38 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by PinaColada
Does anyone know what the standard room here at the St. Regis is? I know they have a 'Garden Villa with Pool, 1 Bedroom Villa, 1 King, Sofa bed' but I would have sworn I had seen during their peak pricing the 'Overwater Villa with Pool, 1 Bedroom Villa, 1 King, Sofa bed' as 100k points. Looking at booking a year from now, and I am seeing the overwater villa at 110k points. Is this property playing hard and fast with the point system and charging more before the upcoming devaluation (not far from the Flexible Point Redemptions for 2022 as indicated by Marriott of 120k points) or am I just mistaken and in the last few months this property has always charged 110k points for the overwater villa during peak pricing?

PDF link by Marriott host by TPG of the upcoming redemptions for 2022 for this property is listed on PDF page 5. "The minimum and maximum points for these hotels are increasing by up to 20,000pts".

At 110k points for the St. Regis, is the newer Ritz Carlton Maldives property worth looking at for overwater villas at 100k points? Basically the only benefit for a Titanium like myself is free breakfast at the St. Regis. 50k more points for $600 in benefit ($60 per person x2 for 5 days for the breakfast buffet at the Ritz), which isn't terrible redemption value.

Screenshot of a random week in Jan 2023 at 110k points per night, so 450k points total (just 100k discounted for 5th night free).

Random 5 day reservation in Jan 2023 for the overwater villa at the St. Regis Maldives
Their base room was and is only the Garden Villa. All other villas are premium and cost more points and/or a cash surcharge. 10k extra per night is a great deal for an OWV here, I've seen them charge more than that so I would grab it for 10k.

The extra 20k that they can charge per night as per that PDF only starts on 3/29, so until then it's still at 100k. After that you're probably going to see OWV prices at 130k or more.
PinaColada likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:44 am

How do you pay for the Seaplane? Is it added to your bill or do you have to pay in advance? If you pay the carrier directly, does it code as Airfare? Travel? Just trying to think of the best method to pay for this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:02 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Dn10
Teppanyaki Stations
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jmail1
we are here now and confirmed with Sonny (the director of F&B) that it will be Teppanyaki.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jay66
How do you pay for the Seaplane? Is it added to your bill or do you have to pay in advance? If you pay the carrier directly, does it code as Airfare? Travel? Just trying to think of the best method to pay for this.
Billed through the hotel and you don't earn Marriott points on it, but your Marriott CC should code it as Marriott spend.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by uoptiger2004
we are here now and confirmed with Sonny (the director of F&B) that it will be Teppanyaki.
That’s great. Lack of dining options along with butlers rationing the reservations is the biggest weakness imo of this resort.

I am assuming construction of this new restaurant will be during the proposed shutdown this summer.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Anyone stayed here and the Ritz? Which was better?
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Anyone stayed here and the Ritz? Which was better?
Depends what you are looking for. Beach villas at the Ritz are much better than the St. Regis. However, The St. Regis Overwater Suites cannot be beaten.

I've stayed in both last year and had a wonderful time at the St. Regis, 15 nights total and was sad to go. Then moved to the Ritz for 4 nights but left after 2 nights only as the place was very much lacking service issues all over the place.

I'm returning to the Ritz this May for a week. If you have never been to the St. Regis, then it is a must.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by texmanufan

I am assuming construction of this new restaurant will be during the proposed shutdown this summer.
It’s fully under construction now. Nippy the manager at Orientale said it will be done in August. Online for fall.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
I have made a short clip for my wife to remember our lovely snorkeling experience around the resort. Hope this clip provide some colours regarding snorkeling experience here.

In short, our couple recommends the house reef around SOWVs in South West- from the Whale Bar to the JJA Suite. We haven't tried the reef in the North around Panoramic OWVs as the currents are strong. The reef around BVs was not impressive.
estnet, friedablass and kaptain72 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.