Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by friedablass
I've personally never heard of resorts requesting to see your test results on arrival. Your tests are checked by the departure airline's airport staff and maybe by the passport control at arrival in MLE. But that's it.

Don't the resorts want to be as easily accessible ad possible like they were pre-Covid? Why would they want to be more restrictive than their country is being by requiring a PCR that their host country is no longer asking for?
no idea.

but given that I have it in writing from STR I’m not gonna risk jeopardizing my entire stay over $90 CAD for testing.

again entirely possible the butler responding to my email wasn’t fully informed. Do your DD before departure.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
no idea.

but given that I have it in writing from STR I’m not gonna risk jeopardizing my entire stay over $90 CAD for testing.

again entirely possible the butler responding to my email wasn’t fully informed. Do your DD before departure.
I certainly wouldn't either risk it and have taken PCRs plenty of times for "just in case" scenarios. It just sounds like to me that whoever responded to that email is terribly misinformed but we'll have data points soon enough from the various resort threads.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
DO NOT CANCEL your test appt. St Regis is still asking for negative PCR results vaccinated or not.

It's possible that the butler that responded to my inquiry was wrong but said despite not requiring a negative test result to enter Maldives, we still require it to enter the resort.

I'm leaving this Friday and was about to cancel my test but I'll be getting it done regardless to avoid any issues. Better safe than sorry!
No one asked me for PCR tests yesterday. EK check in, Maldives immigration, and hotel staff all never asked for it.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Jesset8
I’m here now too and could be interested
Hi, sorry for the late reply. We managed to join a group today in the morning. Supposedly, the shared tour is only offered on Tuesdays. The boat ride was quite long approx 100 minutes to the bottom of the south ari Atoll) but we managed to see one whale shark along with a couple of Mantas and some dolphins accompanying our boat for a while.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dabrain230
Hi, sorry for the late reply. We managed to join a group today in the morning. Supposedly, the shared tour is only offered on Tuesdays. The boat ride was quite long approx 100 minutes to the bottom of the south ari Atoll) but we managed to see one whale shark along with a couple of Mantas and some dolphins accompanying our boat for a while.
Sounds nice- I saw a few whale sharks but couldn't encounter mantas. And IIRC the group tour is organised on Tues and Saturday. Perhaps this Saturday is occupied by a private tour.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: UA MM, HH LTD, Bonvoy Tit (LTG)
Question regarding the "smart casual" attire for men (not including Decanter). Safe to assume that for breakfast shorts and polo is appropriate? For dinner, does that get bumped up to long pants and button down shirt or is attire similar to breakfast acceptable?
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by kaptain72
Question regarding the "smart casual" attire for men (not including Decanter). Safe to assume that for breakfast shorts and polo is appropriate? For dinner, does that get bumped up to long pants and button down shirt or is attire similar to breakfast acceptable?
For breakfast a tshirt and shorts is acceptable. For dinner plenty of people also wear polos and shorts. Don't need long pants like hotels in Mauritius.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:05 am

Have you heard anything from hotel? I send them email 2 weeks ago haven't got any reply

Originally Posted by raylee123
​​​​​​Can't wait to hear updates regarding the possible / likely closure. I will give updates as well if I hear anything concrete from the property, but I am also currently getting the runaround.

We have a reservation for 7 nights at the end of June so would be affected by any full closure. Part of me is hoping that it is only partial closure, as I really wanted to check out the St Regis suite. But then again, even a partial closure might negatively impact our experience at the resort, if there is lots of noise or service failures due to partial renovations.

The hotel being cagey with inquiries about a possible closure of the property for 2 months is quite disappointing, but not unexpected.

I guess they are concerned about any liability / bad press they might have / get with regard to canceling existing reservations, and might be playing a game of chicken and hoping you cancel first..
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Plat
I emailed the hotel yesterday and this was the response I got:

We are aware of a recent article pertaining to the temporary closure of the resort and our online reservation system not showing availability for new bookings in June & July.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused. Allow us to revert to you by March 11, 2022 with more information and assistance.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Snorkeling with your own Equipment

I'm sure the Resort would have no issue if we snorkel with our own Equipment?

How far is the House Reef from the Resort? I'm thinking of just saving some cash, and snorkeling to the Reef ourselves.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
Originally Posted by sfflyer415

How far is the House Reef from the Resort? I'm thinking of just saving some cash, and snorkeling to the Reef ourselves.
they charge for snorkel equipment!?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by buddman
they charge for snorkel equipment!?
should be free rental
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:51 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to question the Equipment rental cost, I'm actually asking about the guided snorkel tours. I'd prefer not to pay for guided snorkel tours if we can just snorkel ourselves with our own gear.

I guess I'm asking if we can just snorkel by ourselves anywhere on the property? Does anyone know how far the local Reef is?
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:18 pm

Points Spent using Marriott CC

I'm not sure what's the points earning rate for using my Marriott Boundless card on other purchases at this property such as dining and experiences. I called Marriott and they gave me a bit of a confusing answer. I thought if I used my card at a Marriott restaurant for example, I'd get 6x the points on the purchase. The Agent on the phone said I'd get 10x the points on the base at the St Regis Maldives. It didn't make much sense, unless it's true.

Can anyone confirm how many extra points you earn using on your Marriott CC? Thanks.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:55 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to question the Equipment rental cost, I'm actually asking about the guided snorkel tours. I'd prefer not to pay for guided snorkel tours if we can just snorkel ourselves with our own gear.

I guess I'm asking if we can just snorkel by ourselves anywhere on the property? Does anyone know how far the local Reef is?
Yes you can snorkel without a tour. Decent reef at the end of the overwater villas by the Astor Estate but you’ll see a lot of fish as soon as you leave your OWV.
Kevin Weldon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.