Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jay66
Can you have dinner at Whale bar? I thought it was just for drinks and small bites.

Is there a preferred dinner time that books up first? Maybe right after sunset? (At Orientale or Cargo)
Except Friday the Whale Bar is also open for dinner.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dn10
Not sure about Cargo, but guessing space is limited there as well.
It's definitely limited at Cargo - I would think 10 tables there max. It's also all outside, so I don't know what happens if you're booked at Cargo and it rains. Don't let that dissuade you - it was good.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:26 am

Just out of curiosity, are the butlers here incentivized by arranging dinner, activities or etc? If yes, it should be a terrible mistake by the management.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Just out of curiosity, are the butlers here incentivized by arranging dinner, activities or etc? If yes, it should be a terrible mistake by the management.
I think you’re overthinking, it’s not like you get charged for no-shows on reservations they made. Outside of OCD travelers like those of us on FT I think many visitors might see this as a benefit.

Last edited by jmail1; Feb 25, 2022 at 8:36 pm
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA MM, HH LTD, Bonvoy Tit (LTG)
Originally Posted by jmail1
I think you’re overthinking, it’s not like you get charged for no-shows on reservations they made. Outside of OCD travelers like those of us on FT I think many visitors might see this as a benefit.
I resemble that ocd comment. I’ve already confirmed all dinner reservations two weeks in advance.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:06 am

Thanks for the commentary jmail1 and kaptain72 - I had to google what OCD is! Definitely want to enjoy my vacation without such thing. Just came back from a great whale shark tour and so loved it!
jmail1 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
Thanks for the commentary jmail1 and kaptain72 - I had to google what OCD is! Definitely want to enjoy my vacation without such thing. Just came back from a great whale shark tour and so loved it!
did you see one? I thought whale shark season was more in the autumn?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by buddman
did you see one? I thought whale shark season was more in the autumn?
Yes we did. Just uploaded my clip!

Saw total three whale sharks today.
jmail1, buddman, dcmike and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:23 am

Is the whale shark tour a private tour you have to book or is it one of the weekly activities for guests? Don't see it anywhere on the excursion list in the wiki
Old Feb 26, 2022, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by dcmike
It's definitely limited at Cargo - I would think 10 tables there max. It's also all outside, so I don't know what happens if you're booked at Cargo and it rains. Don't let that dissuade you - it was good.
if it rains you go inside to Alba with cargo menu.
dcmike likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by CoolJ
Is the whale shark tour a private tour you have to book or is it one of the weekly activities for guests? Don't see it anywhere on the excursion list in the wiki
This activity is run on Tues and Saturday as a group tour which requires at minimum 4 people.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: UA MM, HH LTD, Bonvoy Tit (LTG)
This activity is run on Tues and Saturday as a group tour which requires at minimum 4 people.
That is awesome. Will definitely ask about it when we’re there. I’ve dived with whale sharks in the Galapagos but the wife has never seen one.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:59 pm

Data point regarding snorkeling- the house reef around the JJA is amazing as it has stunning coral life as rich as some points accessed by paid activities. I will move from a 2-BD SOWV to a 1-BD SOWV tomorrow so have asked my butler to assign us to a SOWV near JJA.
jmail1 and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: Etihad, Qatar, and Marriott
Data point regarding snorkeling- the house reef around the JJA is amazing as it has stunning coral life as rich as some points accessed by paid activities. I will move from a 2-BD SOWV to a 1-BD SOWV tomorrow so have asked my butler to assign us to a SOWV near JJA.
How strong are the currents out on the shelf/wall in front of the JJA suite when snorkeling? Headed there in thirty days and can't wait. Also, typically how far in advance does the resort reach out to you prior to your arrival?

Last edited by Kevin Weldon; Feb 28, 2022 at 6:42 am
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Kevin Weldon
How strong are the currents out on the shelf/wall in front of the JJA suite when snorkeling? Headed there in thirty days and can't wait. Also, typically how far in advance does the resort reach out to you prior to your arrival?
Compared to the 2BD villa areas, the JJA area has stronger currents. It seems the north side is more windy in general per my experience here. But my wife and I did not have much problem overall while snorkeling perhaps today was overall mild.
Kevin Weldon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.