Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I think it's a hit and miss. We were at the St. Regis from Mid July to end of July for 15 nights last year and had a wonderful time. Plenty of Sunshine.
Sure. You might get a day or two (or 15) but it’s factually the off-season for the Maldives.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by MrM2016
Have just checked in for our 10 night honeymoon to a sunset overwater villa.

I requested a villa away from the whale bar for greater privacy and provided a range of 9 different villas. This request was acknowledged.

They have allocated us the very first one directly overlooking the whale bar and claim it is impossible to currently offer any other.

I have escalated this to the GM.

I could accept not getting one of my preferences, but to be allocated the polar opposite of what I requested feels utterly insulting.
theyre sold out and they say that they can’t guarantee a certain room but will try and acknowledge you’re preferences. Don’t think they’re doing anything wrong here. They’ll move you when they can.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:27 am

Thanks, thats exactly what has happened. The GM has just said we will move tomorrow. Hopefully a smooth service recovery from here.
They don’t guarantee room numbers. Don’t think it’s a recovery here - they’re doing you a favor already.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks, thats exactly what has happened. The GM has just said we will move tomorrow. Hopefully a smooth service recovery from here.
There is one thing coming on here complaining about the lack of upgrades/status recognition of a particular hotel but what you are referring to is at the detriment to other hotel guests. How do you know the other guests didn't request to also not be in the room you were located and they happened to check in before you? In what world is this 'recovery'?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Dn10
Sure. You might get a day or two (or 15) but it’s factually the off-season for the Maldives.
If anyone is curious, here's the data to support this. There's always caveats in terms of how frequent the rain is (usually 'short showers once per day'), but the cloud cover data is pretty rough.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Bonvoy Platinum
I can speak for the JW to say it was great and far exceeded expectations, and didn't suffer from several of the things complained about on here for the StR (constant attempted upselling, no restaurant availability, worn out villas, etc.). That said, I was there two years ago (Jan/Feb 2020) at the end of their soft opening so they were extremely accommodating about everything, and I can't speak for post-COVID changes.

EDIT: Didn't quote this correctly but this was in response to JRG2025 question above about where to seek alternative accommodations.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Bonvoy Platinum
For those who got stonewalled seeking cash upgrades for existing bookings, it appears to be based on time of year. I recently booked for the off-season (Sept/Oct) and they were very happy to quote me prices for various room category upgrades (and they were quite happy to immediately charge my card).
flayum likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by GulfIslandPond
For those who got stonewalled seeking cash upgrades for existing bookings, it appears to be based on time of year. I recently booked for the off-season (Sept/Oct) and they were very happy to quote me prices for various room category upgrades (and they were quite happy to immediately charge my card).
yep. Just asked for the fall and they’re quoting $275 a night to upgrade to a OW sunset villa from a garden one and $250 to upgrade from a OW villa
flayum likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:22 pm

Anyone hear more about the 2 month shutdown? Putting more sand down. Anything else? Rooms could use a touch up but not sure if they’ll be renovating.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Anyone hear more about the 2 month shutdown? Putting more sand down. Anything else? Rooms could use a touch up but not sure if they’ll be renovating.
Just saw something online about this. My wife and I are booked for end of June. Haven’t heard anything from hotel yet, but proactively looking for alternatives.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:47 pm

Yes, they will be renovating the rooms. They aren't saying to what extent but I imagine they will be putting new floors in, refreshing the drapery, frosting or replacing the WC doors, etc.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:54 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Hi team,
Planning a trip to the StR in mid Aug, which I am now nervous about due to renovations. We'll see.

Question for the experts - I've booked my elderly parents in EK F and the only available flight is EK660 which is scheduled to land right at 15:30 local, which is the cutoff time of the seaplane transfer. How lenient are they with this sort of thing? Or should I just go ahead and book a hotel near MLE just in case?

One would think that due to the price attached to the transfer (and the room), they make some exceptions...
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by flayum
If anyone is curious, here's the data to support this. There's always caveats in terms of how frequent the rain is (usually 'short showers once per day'), but the cloud cover data is pretty rough.
estnet and flayum like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by nichojo
Hi team,
Planning a trip to the StR in mid Aug, which I am now nervous about due to renovations. We'll see.

Question for the experts - I've booked my elderly parents in EK F and the only available flight is EK660 which is scheduled to land right at 15:30 local, which is the cutoff time of the seaplane transfer. How lenient are they with this sort of thing? Or should I just go ahead and book a hotel near MLE just in case?

One would think that due to the price attached to the transfer (and the room), they make some exceptions...
They don't make exceptions b/c it is a safety issue (but I don't know what the actual cutoff is) b/c the planes can only fly in daylight. If they land at 3:30 they have to go through customs, etc. Maybe they can stay at the hotel near the airport and fly the next day?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nichojo
Hi team,

Reach out to the hotel, they will know pretty well whether they are usually able to get guests from EK660 to the resort the same day or not. Since the seaplanes will not have landing lights or ILS to guide them at the resorts, the pilots need to be able to see where they land. So there are some rather absolute cut offs in when it is possible to go. No matter what the price tag is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.