Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by buddman
kind of an American thing. There’s a 10% service fee already included - why pay more? If you want to fine but your question leaves the impression is the norm.
Because they have the tip line item after the already included service fee, I can't tell if most people tip and they'd look down on you if you didn't (I know they wouldn't sabotage anything but if you're there for a week or two and one of the only ones who doesn't tip extra I can see them giving you less hands on service). Seems like it's a mixed crowd on the tip and how much to tip, but do agree that a little to the butler and housekeeping at the end is nice if they go above and beyond (which in many cases they do, although YMMV based on some posts here).
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by KL808
I actually reached out last week. They noted that since we are 2 adults and 2 children they wanted me to rebook my booking into a OWV w/ pool. Obviously that would be impossible since there aren't any such bookings available for points and cash. The portion where they said that I should rebook and that they don't offer cash supplement due to high season, made me really worried. I didn't want this portion of our trip to just cancel especially when we are 1 month out. With 7 years of traveling to the Maldives with kids this is the only resort I have come across that doesn't do cash supplement for upgrades prior to arrival. Plus my dates weren't really peak since there are a multiple rooms for sale. I reached out again and asked for an exception for a cash supplement. In the end they gave a exemption and I paid a cash supplement to a OWV Panoramic view w/pool for about $616 USD a night incl. taxes. They also offered a cash supplement for extra person into beach Villa for $220 + + but I wanted the OWV.

Reach out to them, I'm sure they will make an exception. I'm just a lowly Gold. YMMV
My first instinct is that you were "tricked". All of the rooms should be able to accommodate 3 people + a baby
Old Oct 18, 2022, 2:56 pm

I
Reach out to them, I'm sure they will make an exception.
I did - they do respond to emails pretty soon - and they confirmed that the one bedroom villas can accommodate 4 including the infant.

Sunny Greetings from The St. Regis Maldives, Vommuli Resort.
Thank you very much for your email and conveying your interest in our Beautiful Resort for your upcoming visit.
While the maximum occupancy for our One Bedroom villa categories are 03 guests, considering the age of the children, we would be more than happy to exceptionally accommodate 02 adults, 01 child and 01 infant in our one bedroom villas.
jordan408 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Dn10
Is this offer still available?
If it helps... I had the same question and did ask them via email - this is their response regarding the $300 for $350 F&B program.

We are pleased to reconfirm you may purchase the food and beverage credit more than once (there is no limit) which must be for the entire duration of your stay. Terms and conditions remain unchanged for this program:
• Credit can be used at all Food & Beverage outlets.
• Credit available exclusively for Marriott Bonvoy Members to appreciate their loyalty.
• Credit must be purchased on the day of arrival and for the entire length of the stay.
• Credit cannot be purchased during the stay.
• Not applicable in combination with other discount programs and promotions.
• Any remaining balance of the credit on checkout is non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Payment for the credit package purchased should be settled at the time of confirmation.
• Blackout dates apply from 20th December - 10th January.
• The resort holds the right to discontinue the program without prior notice
Old Oct 18, 2022, 3:28 pm

So after all of the back and forth with the resort, I looked up the dates I needed - found a BV available.
Booked it for 380k points for 5 nights.

A few days pass, I now see OVW available for 379k. I login on a browser, do the update reservation... it shows me I should get a credit for 1k back. Done. Should have been end of story.

Instead of my point balance increasing by 1000, it has now decreased by 125,000 points.

Befuddled, I keep searching and then I realize that the booking shows 505k points deducted instead of 379k. This makes no sense.

Call up Marriott, they are confused as well. A new reservation still shows 379k for the OVW, so the associate helping me suggests that the old one for 505k can be cancelled and they will book the new one for 379k.

Well, that's where the story gets even crazier. While they are making the new reservation they were able to see the 379k needed, they submitted the reservation and it still took out the same 505k from my account. Even they had no clue why this is happening.

The associate then mentioned that this will need to be looked at by a team and a case was submitted. Hopefully they are able to adjust my account balance with the difference.

Just crazy. How does it show one price on the page, and then when you confirm it charges you something else.

Old Oct 18, 2022, 3:48 pm

While on hold with them, this is a screen recording of the app showing the OVW available for the 379k it should have taken out of my account for the exact same reservation details.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i8P...ew?usp=sharing

I am so lost for words - hope this does not become a long drawn out saga with Bonvoy customer service.

Edit: Received an email update on the case stating that this seems to be a known issue. Going to let it take its course towards resolution...

Last edited by senyah; Oct 24, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Old Oct 19, 2022, 9:52 am

I wonder if there is a fee to modify the reservation within the 30-day window? I know the resort charges for "cancellation fee" within 30-day window, but is pretty vague on modifying the reservation.

Personally, I just adjusted my redemption booking as well, for a lower amount of points required than my original one. It worked out fine for me. I am still more than 30-day away from my stay.

Let us know how it turn out and if Marriott can sort it out for you!
Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by senyah
If it helps... I had the same question and did ask them via email - this is their response regarding the $300 for $350 F&B program.

We are pleased to reconfirm you may purchase the food and beverage credit more than once (there is no limit) which must be for the entire duration of your stay. Terms and conditions remain unchanged for this program:
• Credit can be used at all Food & Beverage outlets.
• Credit available exclusively for Marriott Bonvoy Members to appreciate their loyalty.
• Credit must be purchased on the day of arrival and for the entire length of the stay.
• Credit cannot be purchased during the stay.
• Not applicable in combination with other discount programs and promotions.
• Any remaining balance of the credit on checkout is non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Payment for the credit package purchased should be settled at the time of confirmation.
• Blackout dates apply from 20th December - 10th January.
• The resort holds the right to discontinue the program without prior notice
Does anyone know if the $350 credit is applicable to the tax and service charges, or do they add an extra ~20% on top?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Originally Posted by EdwinAQ
My first instinct is that you were "tricked". All of the rooms should be able to accommodate 3 people + a baby
Yes, unfortunately I have a 8 and a 6 yo. So I dont think I got "tricked"
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by senyah
So after all of the back and forth with the resort, I looked up the dates I needed - found a BV available.
Booked it for 380k points for 5 nights.

A few days pass, I now see OVW available for 379k. I login on a browser, do the update reservation... it shows me I should get a credit for 1k back. Done. Should have been end of story.

Instead of my point balance increasing by 1000, it has now decreased by 125,000 points.

Befuddled, I keep searching and then I realize that the booking shows 505k points deducted instead of 379k. This makes no sense.

Call up Marriott, they are confused as well. A new reservation still shows 379k for the OVW, so the associate helping me suggests that the old one for 505k can be cancelled and they will book the new one for 379k.

Well, that's where the story gets even crazier. While they are making the new reservation they were able to see the 379k needed, they submitted the reservation and it still took out the same 505k from my account. Even they had no clue why this is happening.

The associate then mentioned that this will need to be looked at by a team and a case was submitted. Hopefully they are able to adjust my account balance with the difference.

Just crazy. How does it show one price on the page, and then when you confirm it charges you something else.

Had the same issue. Contacted the hotel and they can't do anything. Still waiting for a response from Marriott.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by ra123
Does anyone know if the $350 credit is applicable to the tax and service charges, or do they add an extra ~20% on top?
I understood it as $350 credit, therefore should cover something like $300 ++ => $350
Old Oct 20, 2022, 4:38 am

Yes, unfortunately I have a 8 and a 6 yo. So I dont think I got "tricked"
Lol I checked back and found that it was someone else quoted your message and said "We are a party of 4 with a 1 year old infant".
Old Oct 20, 2022, 4:41 am

Hi all,

I have a 10 nights family stay over Christmas, and I received a payment link for our seaplane transfer. I wonder if everyone settles the transfer fee via this link, or can I pay with my bill and the end of my stay? Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EdwinAQ
Hi all,

I have a 10 nights family stay over Christmas, and I received a payment link for our seaplane transfer. I wonder if everyone settles the transfer fee via this link, or can I pay with my bill and the end of my stay? Thanks!

Agreed. I would certainly rather pay for it on checkout so the hotel is the MOR so I can get my 6X points on the Amex card for Marriott spend (understanding I will not get MR points of course!)
Old Oct 20, 2022, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Agreed. I would certainly rather pay for it on checkout so the hotel is the MOR so I can get my 6X points on the Amex card for Marriott spend (understanding I will not get MR points of course!)
I've heard you don't get 6x for seaplane even if you pay it at the end.
pointsguy article says "The seaplane airfare is not eligible for Bonvoy-point earning, nor does it count toward Ambassador-level spend." (https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/the...ommuli-resort/)
On the other hand, I used the link to pay for the seaplane with my amex biz plat w/ 4x referral bonus and got that bonus somehow, it was posted as st regis maldives

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.