Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by westcoastscott
We are here right now.
How busy is the resort right now? I am still trying to get a gauge w/ covid and things. Haven't traveled much at all since the start of everything.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Rjearl
How busy is the resort right now? I am still trying to get a gauge w/ covid and things. Haven't traveled much at all since the start of everything.

Our Butler said it’s about 85% and will be up over 90% over Valentine’s Day.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Aren't there also full size wine bottles in the room? How much do those run?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dcmike
That depends very much on the actual wines, if you express certain wine interests, they will adjust the wine fridge according to that.
dcmike likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by dcmike

dcmike, Werty7777 and esc2476 like this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Thank you both!
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
I will continue to check non-GV availability for Dec 25-30 until late Feb (when I will be in the resort). If nothing comes up, then I will go with my OWV on Dec 22-27 as it can save US$3k.
I never ended up seeing OWV availability Dec 25~30 or Jan 1~5. Anyone else have any luck? Also heard this back which sounds like it doesn't bode well for upgrading to a non-lagoon facing room:
We are pleased to reconfirm your request for an upgrade in an Overwater Villa with Pool from 22 to 27 December 2022 for 05 nights for 02 Adults.

As an all villas and suites only exclusive resort, complimentary upgrade or suite night awards are not applicable at our property. While we are unable to provide a cash supplement in advance for this period, should there be any availability on arrival for your preferred Panoramic or Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool, we will be happy to share a preferential cash upgrade supplement based on the rates at the time of check-in for your kind consideration.
This is kind of a bummer since I feel it'd be disappointing paying to fly out into the middle of the ocean, but then facing the island the whole trip. I do see cash rates for the Panoramic OWV for all 5 days, so I wonder if they're intentionally holding these for revenue reservations later? I also see ssOWV for a portion of the stay - wonder if I should email back clarifying that I'd be happy to pay for the upgrade on just a subset of the stay?

Last edited by flayum; Feb 9, 2022 at 7:45 am
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
We have two kids (ages 6 and 9) who are capable bike riders. Do they have bikes for kids that size too?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by esc2476
We have two kids (ages 6 and 9) who are capable bike riders. Do they have bikes for kids that size too?
Yes. They have them and they had our initials on them.
esc2476 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by westcoastscott
$110 USD
Thank you!
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Anyone know what times the seaplane flies out at? As well, is the STR Male airport lounge 24/7? Our flight from Abu Dhabi lands at 5:30am in Male and unsure about the details surrounding what our day will look like. I guess one of the pros is that we'll be amongst the first in the STR lounge and can bum around for some hours even if we'll be super tired.

Will they be offering any food and drink in the airport lounge?

We land April 23rd any info would be greatly appreciated
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Derman0524
Anyone know what times the seaplane flies out at? As well, is the STR Male airport lounge 24/7? Our flight from Abu Dhabi lands at 5:30am in Male and unsure about the details surrounding what our day will look like. I guess one of the pros is that we'll be amongst the first in the STR lounge and can bum around for some hours even if we'll be super tired.

Will they be offering any food and drink in the airport lounge?

We land April 23rd any info would be greatly appreciated
The seaplanes schedule is planned day to day, but by the time you are likely to be through immigration and luggage claim it is probably getting light enough for the first operations. But you waiting time at the lounge will depend on when there are passengers to fill a seaplane. Not just for St Regis, but for the resorts enroute or close by as well.

There is food and drink in the lounge, and they will manage your check-in while you wait.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The seaplanes schedule is planned day to day, but by the time you are likely to be through immigration and luggage claim it is probably getting light enough for the first operations. But you waiting time at the lounge will depend on when there are passengers to fill a seaplane. Not just for St Regis, but for the resorts enroute or close by as well.

There is food and drink in the lounge, and they will manage your check-in while you wait.
Hopefully we can be amongst the first flights but I'm prepared to wait if need be at the lounge. Is there hot food at the lounge or small finger food like you find at most airport lounges around the world?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Derman0524
Hopefully we can be amongst the first flights but I'm prepared to wait if need be at the lounge. Is there hot food at the lounge or small finger food like you find at most airport lounges around the world?
There is a breakfast menu that includes several hot items including an egg sandwich. They will bring it out to you.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA MM, HH LTD, Bonvoy Tit (LTG)
Making our first trip to the Maldives in mid-March and very excited. A few questions:
1) We're flying Qatar and have 9-ish hour layovers each way in Doha (evening/night outbound and overnight return). I booked the Oryx airport hotel each way. Is that the best option?
2) We're in SOWV and I've ready people struggling to get an umbrella from the resort. Shade is important for both of us. Has anyone tried packing a portable umbrella that clamps to a chair? Any other alternatives?
3) I know it's all about relaxation but any must do activities? The fishing looks interesting and we'll definitely be snorkeling. I'm an experienced scuba diver but reviews in here lead me to believe it's tough to get out to interesting sites with other experienced divers through the resort.

Thank you in advance for responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.