Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:41 pm

I am going to cancel 5 night reservation February 9-14, if anybody is interested, let me know
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: SPG, Wyndham, AA
Was offered these cash upgrades for a mid dec stay; subsequently I declined but see I've been moved to a Beach Villa so far from a Garden Villa (award stay, platinum premier)
Overwater Villa with Pool :- USD 369.60 per night inclusive of all taxes.
Beach Villa with Pool :- USD 492.80 per night inclusive of all taxes.
Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool :- USD 492.80 per night inclusive of all taxes.
Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool :- USD 739.20 per night inclusive of all taxes.

Who tips or doesn't tip their butler? I gave mine in bora bora $100/ day, but I'm still clueless. There's definitely not a definitive correct answer, just trying to get a pulse on the trend.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by upgrade.me
Was offered these cash upgrades for a mid dec stay; subsequently I declined but see I've been moved to a Beach Villa so far from a Garden Villa (award stay, platinum premier)
Overwater Villa with Pool :- USD 369.60 per night inclusive of all taxes.
Beach Villa with Pool :- USD 492.80 per night inclusive of all taxes.
Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool :- USD 492.80 per night inclusive of all taxes.
Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool :- USD 739.20 per night inclusive of all taxes.

Who tips or doesn't tip their butler? I gave mine in bora bora $100/ day, but I'm still clueless. There's definitely not a definitive correct answer, just trying to get a pulse on the trend.

$100 a day??? What special service did you receive?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:25 am

Departure flight can be 6:30pm or 8:30pm. Which would you choose?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ashap
Departure flight can be 6:30pm or 8:30pm. Which would you choose?
Seaplane or departure from MLE?

From MLE i would take as late in the day as I can
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by larciel
Oh man, I bet he got probably free breakfast and even some afternoon fruit thrown in. I’m jealous. I should’ve done that.
MaldivesFreak likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Seaplane or departure from MLE?

From MLE i would take as late in the day as I can
this is from MLE. I would like the longest time possible at the resort, but if the last seaplane is out around 3:30-4 I don’t want to sit at the airport for 3 hours either.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ashap

this is from MLE. I would like the longest time possible at the resort, but if the last seaplane is out around 3:30-4 I don’t want to sit at the airport for 3 hours either.
While I don't want to spend time in airports, in this case I'd rather err on the side of more time in the airport to leave more potential time before the seaplane.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
For our August 2019 award stay, just got this info. I thought the Welcome Gift Choices were particularly interesting-WHO WOULD PICK THE 1000 POINTS??? I want breakfast!!!

Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR local gift OR breakfast at Alba Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

As you are an esteemed Platinum Premier Lifetime Elite member, you will receive the following benefits at our resort:

• Member Rates

• Receive 75% bonus points of the total accumulated points for the stay

• Mobile Check-In / Services (subject to availability)

• Complimentary Enhanced Wi-Fi Service

• Personalized St. Regis Butler Service

• Ultimate Reservation Guarantee (no walk policy)

• Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR local gift OR breakfast at Alba Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

• 4 pm Late Checkout (subject to availability)

• 10% Discount on Spa Treatments Excluding Spa Packages

• Your 24

As our property is a Villas and Suites only property, complimentary upgrades and Suite Night Awards (SNAs) are not applicable as our resort. We understand that you are interested to upgrade to an overwater accommodation and we are pleased to offer the following for a paid upgrade:

• Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 246.40 per night

• Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 369.60 per night

• Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool at USD 616.00 per night

The above prices are inclusive of 23.2% service charge and goods and services tax.

With regards to paid upgrades please take note of the following:

• Room upgrades need to be for the entire duration of your reservation.

• Room upgrades require payment at the time of confirming the upgrade and this payment is on non-refundable basis.

Please be advised that we are not holding units for you and availability is subject to change.

Should you wish to proceed ahead with an upgrade kindly advise us of your desired accommodation type so that we may assist you further.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: SPG, Wyndham, AA
Originally Posted by larciel
I don't think I received any extreme special treatment, though I thought it was trivial to offer a small % gratuity in comparison for the large room bill at the end of the stay.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:14 pm

I have a mid-January booking including 3 nights in a OWV at 85K! However, since I live on the East Coast, I'm concerned about the possibility of snowstorms hindering my travels. The 1-month free cancellation deadline is also approaching. Do I cancel, and remake the reservation towards the end of December, crossing my fingers that mid-January availability will still exist then? Or just keep the reservation as is and hope for the best?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I have a mid-January booking including 3 nights in a OWV at 85K! However, since I live on the East Coast, I'm concerned about the possibility of snowstorms hindering my travels. The 1-month free cancellation deadline is also approaching. Do I cancel, and remake the reservation towards the end of December, crossing my fingers that mid-January availability will still exist then? Or just keep the reservation as is and hope for the best?
if you cancel now, OWV is like 190k a night
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by platinumorwhat
if you cancel now, OWV is like 190k a night
I know! I'm hoping that my PP status will qualify me for an upgrade. It seems like PP FTers have reported successful upgrades from GVs to BVs, although I understand they aren't guaranteed of course, especially during high season.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Dec 7, 2018 at 10:32 pm
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Just don't plan with 45 minute connection, and maybe put a day lay over somewhere enroute if you are that concerned about travel disruptions.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Just don't plan with 45 minute connection, and maybe put a day lay over somewhere enroute if you are that concerned about travel disruptions.
If for some reason I no-show or check-in a day late, I only lose points right? E.g. they won't also charge a cancellation fee?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.