Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GBBob
You guys convinced me...shoot pre-pay rate of $167 at Shangri-la...I love my Marriott points, but not THAT much
Good call. Note that I misspoke - the Mandarin is actually next door. I was thinking of the Peninsula, which is across the river.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by Kacee
Good call. Note that I misspoke - the Mandarin is actually next door. I was thinking of the Peninsula, which is across the river.
It is a five minute swim.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
JW Marriott

Just back from some nights at the JW Bangkok and it was business as usual.

Received the standard 500 points on arrival, no upgrade (I'm 1/6 for upgrades in the hotel, was allocated an exec level room once). The lounge was as good as always - nice breakfast, small afternoon tea and nice evening canapes (thai night, BBQ night, Japanese night). I only tried the food on a couple of nights and it was good.

Some changes from my last stay - alcohol was served from 430 and they had a special cocktail every night.

Will update the lounge thread when I find the welcome letter.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Have a Cat 1-5 cert to use up by the end of the month and considering using it at Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit for my stay there. I get in around midnight on a Friday and departure is at 8:30 AM on a Tuesday. I have a good rate at the JW and think I'd prefer to stay there, but I figure it's a waste to not use my Cat 5 cert for one night during my stay. Would I better off staying at the Sukhumvit the first night or the last night? I'm leaning toward doing the last night as on the day after my arrival I have a cooking class mid-day and don't want to have to worry about getting a late check out.

Is BKK->JW Marriott pretty easy around midnight? Is Sukhumvit->BKK ok for early morning on a weekday? Any estimates on travel times for either direction?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Midnight and early morning are the very best times for taxis. Traffic is paralyzed during the busier times of the day.

Bruce
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:55 am

I took a cab from the JW to the Marriott (wanted to go to the rooftop bar) at 5pm and it took almost one hour. The traffic was at a standstill. Coming back later took less than half that time.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ellie_nz
I took a cab from the JW to the Marriott (wanted to go to the rooftop bar) at 5pm and it took almost one hour. The traffic was at a standstill. Coming back later took less than half that time.
Moving on Sukhumvit at peak hours by car is not the fastest way to do things. The BTS (Skytrain) leaves from very close to the JW and stops at Thonglor which is very close to the Marriott on S57 and will take less than 15 minutes at peak times and costs aprox 30 THB. I would do that next time if possible.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Use the cert for the last night. I can almost guaranty the JW will give you a late checkout. Many guests arrive on those Korean Air and Delta flights that get around midnight. Housekeeping is there late. You essentially keep the JW room until the last minute, and really only sleep in the FS. Just leave what you need for the morning out of your suitcase, and you're packed and ready to go to the airport in the morning.

With that out of the way, tell us more about the cooking class. I want to do that the next time I'm in BKK.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Million Miler; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium; Priority Club Platinum; Hyatt Globalist
Best Marriott Property for One Night Stay?

I'm hoping somebody will weigh in for me on this: Mr. Itrvl and I have a one night stay in Bangkok in October. We arrive from AKL around 8:30 on Sunday night and depart for FRA and beyond at midnight on Monday night. I currently have reservations at the JW, the Marriott Sukhumvit and the Renaissance. I got them during the flash sale a few weeks ago so all are reasonable.

As we arrive too late for evening lounge hours, that is a non-factor. Which hotel is easiest/quickest to get to and from BKK and yet will allow us to get out and explore the city during the one quick day we'll be there? Mr. Itrvl is Marriott Platinum. Also, we're leaving BKK on TG First Class (thank you US Airways!) so will want to leave the hotel in the early evening in order to enjoy the TG First Lounge at BKK.

Any other non-Marriott properties that would fit the bill better? This is a first time in Bangkok for both of us.

Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by itrvl
I'm hoping somebody will weigh in for me on this: Mr. Itrvl and I have a one night stay in Bangkok in October.
My first time in Bangkok was also a single night's stay. Hopefully you won't have this song stuck in your head, like I did, the entire trip... Had the same problem the first time I was in Reno (Shot a man in Reno...) and Kansas City.

You're splitting hairs in determining which hotel is best for one night. I'd go with the JW (others will disagree) because it is the easiest to get to from the highway. The others require a little more time on surface streets. The JW is a quick, easy shot once you are off the highway. Plus, it's closer to the touristy things you are more likely going to do with your very short amount of time in the city.

I like the rooms at the Ren better, and others have had great things to say about the FS.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Moving on Sukhumvit at peak hours by car is not the fastest way to do things. The BTS (Skytrain) leaves from very close to the JW and stops at Thonglor which is very close to the Marriott on S57 and will take less than 15 minutes at peak times and costs aprox 30 THB. I would do that next time if possible.
I would if I could but not this time. I was with my mum so climbing stairs/walking wasn't an option. If only the BTS was fully accessible.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium; Priority Club Platinum; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CJKatl
My first time in Bangkok was also a single night's stay. Hopefully you won't have this song stuck in your head, like I did, the entire trip... Had the same problem the first time I was in Reno (Shot a man in Reno...) and Kansas City.

You're splitting hairs in determining which hotel is best for one night. I'd go with the JW (others will disagree) because it is the easiest to get to from the highway. The others require a little more time on surface streets. The JW is a quick, easy shot once you are off the highway. Plus, it's closer to the touristy things you are more likely going to do with your very short amount of time in the city.

I like the rooms at the Ren better, and others have had great things to say about the FS.

Enjoy your trip!
Thank you for your help! Sounds like the JW might be the place. My parents stayed there several years ago and said it was lovely, but they were in BKK longer so didn't need the quick turnaround.

PS--I have been listening to my husband sing the song!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Use the cert for the last night. I can almost guaranty the JW will give you a late checkout. Many guests arrive on those Korean Air and Delta flights that get around midnight. Housekeeping is there late. You essentially keep the JW room until the last minute, and really only sleep in the FS. Just leave what you need for the morning out of your suitcase, and you're packed and ready to go to the airport in the morning.

With that out of the way, tell us more about the cooking class. I want to do that the next time I'm in BKK.
Thanks, I'll change up my reservations and use the FS for the last night after a late checkout at JW.

The cooking class is Cooking With poo - http://cookingwithpoo.com/. Found it on TripAdvisor so I'll see how it goes. Looking forward to Yum Ta Krai, Massaman Gai, and Pad Thai lessons
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:27 am

Anyone have email contact info for concierge/reservations at JW Marriott in Bangkok? I'm not going to be arriving until around 1AM so I want to let them know in advance even though I booked with CC guarantee.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:01 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by mikelat
Anyone have email contact info for concierge/reservations at JW Marriott in Bangkok? I'm not going to be arriving until around 1AM so I want to let them know in advance even though I booked with CC guarantee.
I don't know how current this email address, but I used to used when communicating with Khun Rojana, Front Office Manager: [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.