Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by mikelat
Anyone have email contact info for concierge/reservations at JW Marriott in Bangkok? I'm not going to be arriving until around 1AM so I want to let them know in advance even though I booked with CC guarantee.
Thanks for the info about the cooking class. The name alone makes it a must-do. Let us know how it goes.

As for the late check-in, the Bangkok hotels are used to this. You'll see lots of activity at the airport that late. The DL and KE flights get in that late, so many Americans are late arrivals. I've always noted my late arrival on the reservation and never had an issue.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Seeing as I'll be leaving the airport between 12-1AM, what is the best route to get to the JW? I don't have anything with the address in Thai and my experience in Beijing was that cab drivers didn't understand English pronunciations of hotel names. Is cab the best route? Any recommendations on printing up a taxi card with hotel address?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Seeing as I'll be leaving the airport between 12-1AM, what is the best route to get to the JW? I don't have anything with the address in Thai and my experience in Beijing was that cab drivers didn't understand English pronunciations of hotel names. Is cab the best route? Any recommendations on printing up a taxi card with hotel address?
After clearing customs and immigration follow signs to "taxis". You will join a queue that will end at a counter where they will write your destination in Thai and include the license number of the taxi. One part is for the driver, one you keep. Insist that driver use the meter. You can take the expressway which is an additional charge that you pay, but at 1a.m. it would be ok to not use it. Travel time should be 3/4 to 1 hour and cost approximately 300 baht (note that 50 baht above the meter is charged for origination at airport). If you get cash from an ATM and use the expressway hand the driver the largest bill (probably 1000) for the first toll. This will result in sufficient small bills so that you do not have the problem of drivers without change.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by opushomes
After clearing customs and immigration follow signs to "taxis". You will join a queue that will end at a counter where they will write your destination in Thai and include the license number of the taxi. One part is for the driver, one you keep. Insist that driver use the meter. You can take the expressway which is an additional charge that you pay, but at 1a.m. it would be ok to not use it. Travel time should be 3/4 to 1 hour and cost approximately 300 baht (note that 50 baht above the meter is charged for origination at airport). If you get cash from an ATM and use the expressway hand the driver the largest bill (probably 1000) for the first toll. This will result in sufficient small bills so that you do not have the problem of drivers without change.
Thanks for the info on taxis and good tip on using large bill for tolls.

Any quicker way in to the hotel? Or is about an hour the best transit time?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
With little traffic, 30 minutes is about right for a taxi. That is the best you will do, short of a helicopter.

Heavy, rush hour traffic can make it an hour ride.

At midnight it should be closer to the 30 minutes.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Lots of GREAT info here
Will be in BKK, 1st time, for 1-3 night, schedule is not firmed up yet
Gold status on an award stay

On a 3 night stay is the REN/JW worth a 30K point premium v. The 57?

All 3 seem fairly easy to get to by train or cost about the same for a taxi(how much is train?) We're arriving 6:25p so guess traffic will still be pretty crazy

All offer, golds, lounge access correct?(seems to be a toss up as to which lounge is best)
57 is only one that we might hope for an upgrade
57 is bit removed from hustle and bustle but is there anything to do in the area at night
57 is newest

Which is easier as a base to sight-see from?

Thanks for any/all input. Am sure will have a couple more questions

Trying to decide between Marriott and Hyatt(plat)
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by windwalker
Lots of GREAT info here

All 3 seem fairly easy to get to by train or cost about the same for a taxi(how much is train?) We're arriving 6:25p so guess traffic will still be pretty crazy

All offer, golds, lounge access correct?(seems to be a toss up as to which lounge is best)
57 is bit removed from hustle and bustle but is there anything to do in the area at night
57 is newest

As it'll be your first trip to BKK, and if you don't mind the 30k difference in points, go for the Renaissance. Better location and better upgrade chances IMHO (you might get a studio room). At 57 they tend to see giving you an executive room as "enough"-upgrade. All 3 will grant you lounge access yep. - Only negative for the Ren is the pool as it's freezing cold and half-inside on the top. Pools better at 57 & JW.

Hyatt Erawan is just around the corner from Renaissance by the way, certainly also a good choice.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lots of GREAT info here

57 is newest

Depends what you are planning to do and see. The Marriott 57 is right around the corner from the Thonglor area which has an ever expanding number of restaurants, pubs, wine bars, boutiques- it is quite the happening area in Bangkok at the moment. I don't think 57 is that far out of the way at all if you are comfortable using the BTS- in fact if not in Bangkok for business I would suggest this is the most interesting Marriott to stay at currently. Hyatt is well covered over in the thread- Grand Hyatt Bangkok is also an excellent hotel with high quality service.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:46 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Lots of GREAT info here

57 is newest

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Depends what you are planning to do and see. The Marriott 57 is right around the corner from the Thonglor area which has an ever expanding number of restaurants, pubs, wine bars, boutiques- it is quite the happening area in Bangkok at the moment. I don't think 57 is that far out of the way at all if you are comfortable using the BTS- in fact if not in Bangkok for business I would suggest this is the most interesting Marriott to stay at currently. Hyatt is well covered over in the thread- Grand Hyatt Bangkok is also an excellent hotel with high quality service.
Agreed with TRAVELSIG on both properties.

However, you will get much more benefits (breakfast, happy hour, and possible upgrade) as Marriott Gold than a Hyatt Platinum, YMMV. Not to mention the lower room rate.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:39 am

Thanks all
Kalboz, I believe Hyatt grants Plat lounge access

(Started looking at Airbnb, so still undecided-oops)
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:59 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Thanks all
Kalboz, I believe Hyatt grants Plat lounge access

(Started looking at Airbnb, so still undecided-oops)
I hate to disappoint you

Unless this is a property-specific policy, Hyatt grants lounge access only to Diamonds: http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/benefits/...p_platinum.jsp
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
I hate to disappoint you

Unless this is a property-specific policy, Hyatt grants lounge access only to Diamonds: http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/benefits/...p_platinum.jsp
Thanks for keeping me honest Kalboz, I was mistaken(sadly)
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ellie_nz
I would if I could but not this time. I was with my mum so climbing stairs/walking wasn't an option. If only the BTS was fully accessible.
If you go just past the stairs to the BTS on Ploenchit to the next ramp, it's an escalator.

Anyone have email contact info for concierge/reservations at JW Marriott in Bangkok? I'm not going to be arriving until around 1AM so I want to let them know in advance even though I booked with CC guarantee.
Everyone coming from the US arrives around that time, so they are used to it. I never notify them and never have a problem.

Easiest way is to take an AOT car. There are desks near baggage claim and just as you walk out of the Customs Area. About 500 THB ($15 USD) more than a taxi. New. Clean. Drivers speak English. And the desk will give them instructions.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm moderating the Marriott break-out session this weekend at the Chicago Seminar Event. I said if anyone had anything they wanted me to cover to PM me & let me know. I was thinking more in terms of things like roll-over nights, etc, but received this specific question. I have no idea on the answer so thought I'd ask here.

"Am Marriott Platinum. Also have two weekend night awards courtesy of a Pella door purchase; reservations etc administered by a third party. Terms & conditions doesn't state if transferable...Only that emailed confirmation must be presented at time of check in. Would like to make reservation- award is in my name; and add my son ( same last name) as the guest. The hotel is a JW in Bangkok; per award desk rep- not sure if reservation will be honored if only he checks in and I call Rewards /property if I can't join him. ( I can't)"

Thoughts everyone?

Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:44 am

If it was me I would probably take the chance, but I personally think a lot might depend on how old is the son. If he is a young looking 20 something, they are going to more willing to accept the "my dad will be joining" tomorrow story .

The most important thing, were the son to do this, and this is for all platinums as well, his son should bypass the downstairs reception completely. Tell the bell person who opens the taxi door to bring him straight to the executive floor for check-in. The women who work their, and the manager, are so incredibly helpful. And again, if his son is a young man they'll likely let things slide more than if were he to be in his 50s (just a guess, maybe slightly educated guess? )

My two cents....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.