Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Will08
And orange juice… one of the perks of staying at the Marriott Sukhumvit. Good lounge and decent breakfast as well.
That orange juice is like drinking syrup...so good!
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Kacee
It really isn't. The rooms were all recently redone and everything is in excellent condition. It's a question of style, not age or wear and tear. Some like the decor, some don't.
Exactly, it's a question of style. To me, SGS smacks of old world European elegance. Acres of veined marble and miles of polished brass handrails. I much prefer this to the more modern chrome/glass/concrete look. But it's just personal preference.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:36 pm

Programs: Life
The recent mentioned here is 2014..
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:17 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by ralph4878
I was pleasantly surprised by the Four Points.. the breakfast was outstanding ..... I got COVID.
I did 3 nights at Four Points recently to put me over 50 nights and also like it pretty well. They did give 2 drink coupons for each person per night, which I think was a change from 1 coupon on my prior stay, if I'm remembering right. I had my only bout of Covid late 2022. I had just arrived to Bangkok and stayed at LM. I think I arrived to the hotel about 2pm and somehow slept for 6 hours, so about 9 I went out and partied way to much until early hours. Then was at 4 points a night or two. Then went to Aloft and was feeling rough. Had no idea how to handle it, decided to just hunker down in the room, but would shower, wear a new mask and fresh clothes when I went out to get food.. Luckily it only lasted about 4/5 days. Was in Bangkok 2 months and a bacterial infection and cold I got were both worse in my case.

Last edited by kalo93406; Mar 27, 2024 at 3:23 am
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by kalo93406
I did 3 nights at Four Points recently to put me over 50 nights and also like it pretty well. They did give 2 drink coupons for each person per night, which I think was a change from 1 coupon on my prior stay, if I'm remembering right. I had my only bout of Covid late 2022. I had just arrived to Bangkok and stayed at LM. I think I arrived to the hotel about 2pm and somehow slept for 6 hours, so about 9 I went out and partied way to much until early hours. Then was at 4 points a night or two. Then went to Aloft and was feeling rough. Had no idea how to handle it, decided to just hunker down in the room, but would shower, wear a new mask and fresh clothes when I went out to get food.. Luckily it only lasted about 4/5 days. Was in Bangkok 2 months and a bacterial infection and cold I got were both worse in my case.
I wasn't partying or really out-and-about much at all but it got me: had dinner in a really nice Chinese place around Phrom Phong with some former colleagues...we had our own little room, and one of us had it; two days later, the two ladies who drove to the restaurant with her in horrible traffic (rain...) got it...2 days later, the rest of us had it. It was my first (and only) time with it, and it took. me. out. I'm an athletic guy, 6'3", 200 lbs and keep very healthy, and it still kicked my butt. Fortunately, BNH Hospital has a clinic in the mall The Conrad sits on, and they took good care of me. I was able to order Food Panda every day for lunch and dinner; the lounge folks brought me brekkie each morning. I was laid out for 12 days! Hoping this trip is much smoother!
Old Apr 1, 2024, 8:52 pm

Hi all, looking for some advice and insights on an upcoming stay. Me, my wife, and 1 year old staying in Bangkok for 2 nights.

At the moment, I have the Le Meridien and Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit booked. LM at about 12K Baht for 2 nights, SGS at about 17K. Currently a Platinum, so looking for somewhere with decent treatment of elites, preferably breakfast in the main restaurant, and chance of an upgrade. SGS looks a bit old fashioned for my taste, but I think it has other plus points.

Does anyone have any thoughts on where best to stay considering the SGS would be at the upper end of the budget. Or anything else I should be taking into account?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by jah718
Hi all, looking for some advice and insights on an upcoming stay. Me, my wife, and 1 year old staying in Bangkok for 2 nights.

At the moment, I have the Le Meridien and Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit booked. LM at about 12K Baht for 2 nights, SGS at about 17K. Currently a Platinum, so looking for somewhere with decent treatment of elites, preferably breakfast in the main restaurant, and chance of an upgrade. SGS looks a bit old fashioned for my taste, but I think it has other plus points.

Does anyone have any thoughts on where best to stay considering the SGS would be at the upper end of the budget. Or anything else I should be taking into account?
You will get the full (and very good) breakfast buffet at Le Meridien including fresh coconuts and sparkling wine exclusively for elites. You will have a good statistical chance of an upgrade to a suite because there are two on every floor and they do proactively upgrade elites however the volume of elites has increased since the Great Plague and as a Platinum you will be behind all the Ambassadors, Titaniums, and regular Platinum guests so YMMV. Le Meridien is a more modern style hotel that was refurbished during the Great Plague. Not sure if you can take a baby into the lounge during the evening booze and canapés from 1800-2000. There is a toddler pool to the side of the main pool and there are sun loungers that are covered that would be suitable for you to lie under with a baby. The pool area is not huge but rarely busy. I wouldn't say the LeM is the most family oriented hotel given its location next to Patpong and the gay nightlife but you won't see anything that would shock you either in the hotel or on the streets around it.

The greater question is whether you know Bangkok and what else you want to do during your stay because this should determine your location (LeM in Silom vs one of the very many options along Sukhumvit).
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gogooo
I don't quite understand the pricing of Marriott hotels in BKK- 5k has become the new 3k. For sure price fixing is rampant in the city and none of the properties offer anything extraordinary. SGS is in a serious need of refurbishment- it looks straight from the 70s- the drink selection for elites even if it is in a nice setting is very limited. Not really the hype that is made out to be- location cant be beaten though.
Marriott in Asia seems to have taken a decision post pandemic to price their hotels well above other chains and especially high versus local or regional hotel chains. The pricing still sticks in Thailand and Japan where as in Singapore, Malaysia and China it has dropped down from last year’s gouging. I only stay in Japanese chains in Japan now and I moved a lot of my Bangkok stays to the Conrad because of this.
Will08 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:15 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Marriott in Asia seems to have taken a decision post pandemic to price their hotels well above other chains and especially high versus local or regional hotel chains. The pricing still sticks in Thailand and Japan where as in Singapore, Malaysia and China it has dropped down from last year’s gouging. I only stay in Japanese chains in Japan now and I moved a lot of my Bangkok stays to the Conrad because of this.
Agree that Marriott has ramped prices in Bangkok over the last 12 months, but it’s pretty universal across all of the international chains to some degree. There has clearly been a deliberate attempt to grow elite numbers in Asia across all chains (Marriott in particular) and they are now trying to monetise this ‘loyalty’. The days of being one of a single digit number of top tier elites staying at any hotel in a major Asian city are long gone.

The Conrad seems relatively good value but then this reflects the massive profusion of five star and luxury hotels in Bangkok over the last ten years - Conrad was probably once in the top 15-20 hotels in Bangkok, now it’s probably not even in the top 50.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 6:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ftrichard
The greater question is whether you know Bangkok and what else you want to do during your stay because this should determine your location (LeM in Silom vs one of the very many options along Sukhumvit).
This is really the key question.

If LM's Silom location works, I'm not sure SGS is worth the extra 3k THB per night for a Plat with no stay history at SGS, where frequent guests will get preferred treatment (which is also true at LM, btw).

But the locations are very different and I personally find SGS location more convenient with direct skywalk access to BTS and MRT, as well as Terminal 21 mall.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 10:11 am

Update! Booked a week at the SGS...rate was $214/night with all taxes and fees, which I thought was pretty good considering The Conrad was about the same for the size room I wanted. Will share impressions during my stay - thanks to everyone who chirped in to answer my questions - much appreciated. If anyone has any questions about any of the Accor Properties in BKK, let me know .
Old Apr 14, 2024, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Agreed that the pricing in Thailand has not come down - this is across Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt, and IHG...Accor pricing does not seem to have changed at all from 2019, with the exception of The Sofitel, which is well over $200/night now since they did some renovations. Bali prices are also still (very) high since the world re-opened. The Conrad was definitely cheaper last year than this year, though - I paid about $130/night for an Executive King last July - it's above $175 this July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.