Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:23 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sohan
Seems like allowing alcohol back has really cranked up the amount of guests coming. Weekend prices are almost close to double weekdays.
What is occupancy like compared to the spring?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
No alcohol to be seen? One of your pictures shows bottles of Heineken & Singha beer.
There is alcohol, but only after 17:00. Cocktails and wine, and of course beer. I didn't even see it on the pic (I blame the jet lag haha)

Last edited by Granite64; Nov 26, 2021 at 3:33 am
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Currently here at the Renaissance and they change the lounge to upstairs 21st floor Sun - Weds and downstairs on M floor Thurs - Sat. Definitely a lot of alcohol flowing.
Mrgolfer21 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Currently here at the Renaissance and they change the lounge to upstairs 21st floor Sun - Weds and downstairs on M floor Thurs - Sat. Definitely a lot of alcohol flowing.
Which one is better...or does it matter? I am arriving on Monday and looking forward to it. My suite upgrade has already cleared and got a fantastic rate of 1500THB per night with 500THB per day F&B credit.
kevino likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Which one is better...or does it matter? I am arriving on Monday and looking forward to it. My suite upgrade has already cleared and got a fantastic rate of 1500THB per night with 500THB per day F&B credit.
How did you get that rate? I'm paying 2500 a night at the moment.

I personally like it on M floor, it's much bigger and nicer environment. I haven't been to the club lounge besides to check in upstairs. The views are great upstairs though.

This has been my first stay at the hotel and I'm very happy with it and how everything went. Even though the suite has no separated living room, I'm a huge fan of the room and massive bathroom with all the light coming in.

Only thing I wish is they'd increase the comp laundry to 2-3pc instead of 1.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:37 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
How did you get that rate? I'm paying 2500 a night at the moment.

I personally like it on M floor, it's much bigger and nicer environment. I haven't been to the club lounge besides to check in upstairs. The views are great upstairs though.

This has been my first stay at the hotel and I'm very happy with it and how everything went. Even though the suite has no separated living room, I'm a huge fan of the room and massive bathroom with all the light coming in.

Only thing I wish is they'd increase the comp laundry to 2-3pc instead of 1.
The rate was a part of some promotion that popped up some time back when rates were dirt cheap. I think the actually rate is 2250 per night but it averages out to 1500 since it is a buy two get one free deal. I have to imagine that is an average rate and they will not be crediting me 1500 baht on checkout for the third night. I make a suite night upgrade request and was approved for an Executive Suite and it sounds like this is the best deal ever. Wish I would have booked more nights but I wanted to try out other properties on this trip so didn't. I am pasting the rate details below but I think this promotion is done.

Rate Details

Stay Pay Deal, SHA Plus Certified, includes Executive access, 500 THB hotel credit per night, Stay 2 nights 3rd night free, see Rate details

Additional Information

• Commissionable Rate
  • Stay Pay Deal
  • -Stay 2 nights and get the third night free
  • -Enjoy hotel credit THB 500 per room per night
  • (non-accumulative)
  • -Complimentary Club Lounge Access
  • Term and conditions
  • -Minimum stay 3 nights is required.
  • -3rd night will be waived upon check out
  • -Hotel credit is applicable for use across for hotel managed
  • facilities such as Food and Beverage and Spa Treatment (except
  • Food and Beverage take away and Spa Retail Products)
  • -Hotel credit is not applicable for payment of accommodation
  • service charges and taxes
  • -Hotel credits are not transferable, not redeemable for cash,
  • void after checkout, and cannot be applied toward future stays
  • -If guests consume higher than the hotel credit, guests need to
  • pay the variance of the amount
  • -Rates are subject to availability, the restriction may apply
  • -Offer does not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms
  • -This Offer may not be combined with other select promotions,
  • offers, discounts, any other vouchers. the hotel reserves the
  • right to change these terms and conditions at any time without
  • prior notice
  • -Rao Tiew Duay Gun can be applied until check out on 31 January
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Granite64
There is alcohol, but only after 17:00. Cocktails and wine, and of course beer. I didn't even see it on the pic (I blame the jet lag haha)
Thanks for the recent updates. Just made a reservation for a couple weeks out (very good rate ). Looking forward to checking it out.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks for the recent updates. Just made a reservation for a couple weeks out (very good rate ). Looking forward to checking it out.
Is it better than the rate I paid? I paid $749 (with tax) for 12 nights including breakfast for two and lounge access.. (taste of titanium rate).
reggiekush likes this.

Last edited by Granite64; Nov 30, 2021 at 4:30 am
Old Nov 30, 2021, 5:14 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Is it better than the rate I paid? I paid $749 (with tax) for 12 nights including breakfast for two and lounge access.. (taste of titanium rate).
I've got you beat by about 3 bucks CAD/ night .
Granite64 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Granite64 That works out about THB2,105 per night....I'd be very happy with that rate for two, incl breakfast and lounge access.
Granite64 and reggiekush like this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Thaikwai
Granite64 That works out about THB2,105 per night....I'd be very happy with that rate for two, incl breakfast and lounge access.
Yes, excellent rate and a great stay. Highly recommend this hotel. Only thing I didn't like was the amount of people in the breakfast area/restaurant on Sunday morning.. it was just packed..
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 3:40 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Yes, excellent rate and a great stay. Highly recommend this hotel. Only thing I didn't like was the amount of people in the breakfast area/restaurant on Sunday morning.. it was just packed..
I think it’s popular with locals. I ended up making friends with a bunch of Thai people back when I lived in Thailand last spring. A lot of people specifically mentioned coming to the Renaissance specifically for the breakfast buffet.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Yes.

Originally Posted by reggiekush
I've got you beat by about 3 bucks CAD/ night .
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
I have 5 nights at 9,510 THB all in, so 1,902 TBH per night.($56.43 USD)
Breakfast included...PLUS a 500 THB credit per night.

Very pleased...
Sohan and reggiekush like this.

Last edited by goodeats21; Dec 1, 2021 at 7:09 am
Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
I think it’s popular with locals. I ended up making friends with a bunch of Thai people back when I lived in Thailand last spring. A lot of people specifically mentioned coming to the Renaissance specifically for the breakfast buffet.
Moo ping and duck in the morning.. I gained a couple of pounds.. that's for sure!
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
I'm hoping this info could be useful to someone. Thinking about test and go at the JW.

My stay was a quick test and go. I didn't get much use of the hotel since My flight arrived around 3pm. I was through customs very easily. Leaving customs there wasn't a sign for the JW like some of the other hotels so I just asked the crowd of them and they called out for the JW and a man came right over and verified my name. He took me straight to the van and informed me that the driver would stop at the hospital first and then then onto the hotel which to my surprise was right around the corner.

Checking was normal informed of the lounge access and time, all the facilities and breakfast in the restaurant in the morning. I was upgraded to a deluxe king and they appologised for not having a suite when I informthem that I was an AMB. When I made the Reservation I was/am LTT.

Housekeeping came by for evening turndown service but I just asked for a couple of more bottles of water.

My covid test came around 10:40pm (tested around 4:30pm) and I could leave my room then but I didn't bother to leave until breakfast.

Breakfast was good lots of variety like when I was there almost 2 years ago to the day. They still had the ice cream not as much bread rolls but still a good amount. It wasn't crowed as before either. I didn't eat any traditional breakfast item I opted for the chicken and beef dishes with veggies, fried rice and steamed rice.

After breakfast I caught a cab back to the airport to continue my trip.

Oh I did inquire about another PCR test for my return and they said to just let them know ahead of time so they could make me an appointment. They also stated that the test is 4000 THB.

I am staying at the Marriott Marquis on the way out though because They have a 5 night stay for 45 USD per night 266USD total w/taxes.

Last edited by Rondelltg; Dec 4, 2021 at 7:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.