Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2020, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard
As a tourist, you will doubtless feel that Ubud is "real Bali". We stayed some years ago at Kayamanis which is in a a super-luxury collection of private villas on the edge of a local village just outside Ubud. We were woken by the sound of dogs barking and cockrells crowing and enjoyed a fine-dining breakfast overlooking the forested ravine. It was exquisite. Quite whether any "real Balinese" ever have this authentic experience didn't occur to us as we soaked up the traditional US$500 a night atmosphere. We also enjoyed the authentic evening cultural dancing show that was spontaneously put on by locals for our pleasure and enjoyed spying on the wild monkeys David Attenborough-style as they consumed stolen biscuits and coke in their natural habitat of the Monkey Forest.

"Eat, Pray, Love" has a lot to answer for. I guess that any real Bali experience has long since been overwhelmed by the mass tourism no matter how it's dressed up unless anyone knows of a homestay somewhere sufficiently remote. My advice: do a two-centre stay in Ubud and Seminyak. I love holidays in both.

I’m with you on that. I would second doing Ubud and Seminyak. I’ve always broken my trips up with stays in 3 places, but having been a couple times now, I would only return to Ubud and Seminyak.

and truly, at this point, , the “real” Bali has become towns overrun with tourists and a Billabong/Hurley/Volcom/Ripcurl store (or two) in every one of them. Oh and let’s not forget about Starbucks! Ubud has two of them. I was lucky (I use that term loosely for this one) to be there at the beginning of February when travel had started to slow down around the world, and got to experience Bali without quite so many people. There are still places you can get to with far fewer people and more natural beauty, but it is all relative to what Bali has become.
ftrichard likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by soy
Per Loyalty Lobby blog Marriott are running a sale for the upper tier Bali properties under the promo code LRR
Prices are attractive and include resort credits. Seems to be that you pay now and then can rebook for stays between now and May 31 2021

The big issue I see is what happens if Covid prevents you from going by May 31st. Clicking through to make a reservation says its non-refundable rate which means too much risk in my mind.
Last I heard Bali will not open for tourism until Oct/Nov this year, and that too could slip.
Thanks for the pointer. Great deal. I share your concern about cancellation, but with the current Marriott cancellation policy you're covered if you need to cancel as long as you make the reservation before 30 June, right? I have flights booked to Bali over Christmas and I'm focussing on Marriott hotels only because of the COVID-19 cancellation policy.
Old May 20, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mccorry
Thanks for the pointer. Great deal. I share your concern about cancellation, but with the current Marriott cancellation policy you're covered if you need to cancel as long as you make the reservation before 30 June, right? I have flights booked to Bali over Christmas and I'm focussing on Marriott hotels only because of the COVID-19 cancellation policy.
Not sure what your Bali hotel cancellation policy is, but in the case of mine for this coming mid-December (non-holiday period) it may be cancelled up until day before arrival. When I made my reservation in early January it was originally a 3 day cancellation policy. Then, shortly thereafter and up until a few months back the cancellation policy was 30 days prior to arrival but it changed to 1 day cancellation a couple months back. Also at that time the price went down; so I modified my reservation and not only got a lower rate but also got the 1 day cancellation policy in place of my 3 day cancellation policy. I continue to check daily for lower rates and will do so until day before arrival. FWIW, this is for The Laguna LC property. I also check other Bali properties from time to time for good rates; so could potentially change hotels too.

Note: I avoid booking advance purchase non-refundable rates like the coronavirus, unless there is no other option, but that is extremely rare. And in the rare case I do book a non-refundable advance purchase rate, I'll only do so if it is changeable, Years ago (1997-2001) when Vail Marriott (along with ALL other Vail hotels) only did 7 night or more advance purchase reservations, they were changeable so one could modify the booking and get lower rates if they became available; ended up with a few $1000 credit on a couple stays (my stays were usually 2-3 weeks). READ your reservation's CHANGE and CANCELLATION policies BEFORE BOOKING! I did get burned once about 20+ years ago, never again.

The LRR rates appear to be changeable, at least at the Laguna. The rates for my preferred room are very low $115 USD vs $176 at current conversion rates. I think rates will go down more for my mid-December dates so I'll stick with my current fully refundable rate.

Last edited by aaupgrade; May 20, 2020 at 1:30 pm
Old May 23, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone any experience of having 4 guests in a Bali Marriott hotel room? Most of the Marriotts seem to have an occupancy limit of 3 pax, even rooms with two double beds. However, it seems it's OK to have 2 adults and 2 children under 12 in such a room.

I have two children just over 12 and was wondering what the best approach would be here...

Any insights welcome
Old May 23, 2020, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Has anyone any experience of having 4 guests in a Bali Marriott hotel room? Most of the Marriotts seem to have an occupancy limit of 3 pax, even rooms with two double beds. However, it seems it's OK to have 2 adults and 2 children under 12 in such a room.

I have two children just over 12 and was wondering what the best approach would be here...

Any insights welcome
Most hotels in Indonesia aren’t too concerned about kids. I have Hilton and Hyatt properties that I often don’t even note the kids that are traveling. Never had a problem in 100’s of nights stayed.
Old May 29, 2020, 3:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire

Any insights welcome
No problem at St Regis, Westin Nusa Dua, Element By Westin Ubud, or The Laguna with 2 adults 2 kids under 12. Lived in Indo now for 8 years and never a problem anywhere with kids so far. But those are the specific Marriot stays in Bali.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, SPG Plat, GFF Plat.
Originally Posted by exploreaswego
Try the newer property in Kuta Sunset, it's also a Fairfield by Marriott.
We stayed there last month, will probably return again when the property is back up to regular service.
Fully cooked made to order breakfast, an ACTUAL personal water tumbler in every room, convenient location, and they even provide turn down service! :O
We were very surprised how they positioned the brand in Asia, almost comparable to a mid tier service brand or even better than a domestic US Courtyard.
The only downside is that the rooms are smaller than most vacation properties in Bali, and slightly far away from the Beach but they provided a daily shuttle.
They are running an incredible promo now - 800k Net for 2 nights, must purchase vouchers before June 15th though, but can use til May 31st 2021.
Better to email, so you get flexibility of the dates to redeem.
[email protected] .

i think this promotion only for local (you need indonesia ID or PR for that)
my other qouestion, this count as night at marriot? because when last time i ask marriot mayflower jakarta, they said this promotion not get any bonvoy benefit include night count.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by agham
my other qouestion, this count as night at marriot? because when last time i ask marriot mayflower jakarta, they said this promotion not get any bonvoy benefit include night count.
​​​​​​

I have emailed this and many other hotels in Bali using code BOG for vouchers and I am Canadian. I have not heard anything about this being for locals only when inquiring with management at the hotels. Both Fairfields in Bali has gotten back to me and said that my status will be honoured and nights will be counted towards my elite night count.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 11:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by agham
Nope, this promo is open to all bonvoy members, you should check again with the GM. Maybe you got false info..
We were fortunate to have emergency stay visa in Bali, and have already used the promo for a few of the properties here for our long stays.

All stays count for points, nights and current 2k per stay promotion.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hhonor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Marriott Mayflower Jakarta is a serviced apartment, i think that is why this promotion not get any bonvoy benefit include night count. Because i asked Ritz Carlton Residence Pacific Place and they said the exact same thing.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 1:46 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
I just got an email back from a few of the hotels in Bali running the BOG promo. They have said the booking period has been extended until July 19th, 2020 with the same rules in place for elite nights and honouring of status. This is good news considering the Bali area is now, unfortunately, seeing more cases of COVID.
Temedar and exploreaswego like this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by reggiekush
I just got an email back from a few of the hotels in Bali running the BOG promo. They have said the booking period has been extended until July 19th, 2020 with the same rules in place for elite nights and honouring of status. This is good news considering the Bali area is now, unfortunately, seeing more cases of COVID.
More cases in Bali? That is sad. I read somewhere a few weeks ago praising Bali for its control of COVID19.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by kgkg
More cases in Bali? That is sad. I read somewhere a few weeks ago praising Bali for its control of COVID19.
According to the latest stats and news community spread is increasing. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/. https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...s-in-bali.html
kgkg likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Further to the previous reviews regarding the Fairfield by Marriott Bali Kuta Sunset Road, where I stayed in Jan 2020, I would concur that this property is great value and excellent service. Furthermore, there were excellent breakfast options for breakfast, including a made to order omelette station, I received coupons for various treats including a gelato stand and the 20% Bonvoy Platinum discount at the restaurant the cost of the food was very similar in price to the restaurants nearby. My only slight complaint was there was a strange smell in the room and it may have been related to a pray for the mosquitos, which there weren't that many. I would stay there again if I return to Bali as the rate was around 460,000 taxes included, which was a deal in comparison with the cost of the other hotels. I focused my trip on sightseeing and not the beach, so perhaps that's why I didn't mind the location of this hotel.

Last edited by qrctraveller; Jun 14, 2020 at 1:18 pm Reason: Forgot to include hotel name - thanks reggiekush
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by qrctraveller
I stayed at this hotel in Jan 2020 and it was excellent. Great service, excellent breakfast options for breakfast, with the 20% Bonvoy Platinum discount at the restaurant the cost of the food was very similar in price to the restaurants nearby. My only slight complaint was there was a strange smell in the room and it may have been related to a pray for the mosquitos, which there weren't that many. I would stay there again if I return to Bali as the rate was around 460,000 taxes included, which was a deal in comparison with the cost of the other hotels. I focused my trip on sightseeing and not the beach, so perhaps that's why I didn't mind the location of this hotel.
Which hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.