Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:29 pm

I have stayed in Marriotts in about a dozen countries, but this is my first visit to Bali. I was in the Courtyard Seminyak for a couple days. Although there is no lounge, they bent over backward to make me feel appreciated, greeting me by name several times in the restaurant and asking if they could do anything for me (for the record, I'm lifetime Titanium). The CY was full and they could not upgrade us to a suite, but they did provide 3 daily breakfasts for my wife and daughter, as well as myself. The breakfast buffet was a huge spread, one of the largest I've encountered, rivaling what I've had in China. We enjoyed the pool and also the spot that is on the beach, a ten-minute walk from the hotel. This beach location had free water, towels, and internet (yes, free wifi on the beach) and they also had a shuttle service. Overall, we had a much nicer stay than I'd anticipated. The final morning, the manager came to us at breakfast, apologized for not being able to upgrade us to a suite and provided complimentary shuttle for us to the airport. Just for the record, I never made any request of anything and didn't expect anything, but they really bent over backward for us. I cannot speak for other hotels in Bali, but I have never had this type of service in any Marriott before.
bizum, GalaxyChris and dagangwood like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by gora14
I have stayed in Marriotts in about a dozen countries, but this is my first visit to Bali. I was in the Courtyard Seminyak for a couple days. SNIP I cannot speak for other hotels in Bali, but I have never had this type of service in any Marriott before.
Thanks for this infomation. I've stayed at the W once (didn't like it - great breakfast but that's all and not worth the money for such an ordinary room) and the Four Points Seminyak twice (did like it - got their suite both times). This Courtyard is on my list for the next vacation there as I fancy a change of scenery in Seminyak. I have a great experience of Courtyards in Asia as far as recognition and value goes. Taipei Downtown, Iloilo, and both HK ones rate highly on this scale. I got a Saturday rate <HK$1000 in HK in two weeks time. I like the location of the Seminyak property so it's next on my list.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by gora14
I have stayed in Marriotts in about a dozen countries, but this is my first visit to Bali. I was in the Courtyard Seminyak for a couple days. Although there is no lounge, they bent over backward to make me feel appreciated, greeting me by name several times in the restaurant and asking if they could do anything for me (for the record, I'm lifetime Titanium). The CY was full and they could not upgrade us to a suite, but they did provide 3 daily breakfasts for my wife and daughter, as well as myself. The breakfast buffet was a huge spread, one of the largest I've encountered, rivaling what I've had in China. We enjoyed the pool and also the spot that is on the beach, a ten-minute walk from the hotel. This beach location had free water, towels, and internet (yes, free wifi on the beach) and they also had a shuttle service. Overall, we had a much nicer stay than I'd anticipated. The final morning, the manager came to us at breakfast, apologized for not being able to upgrade us to a suite and provided complimentary shuttle for us to the airport. Just for the record, I never made any request of anything and didn't expect anything, but they really bent over backward for us. I cannot speak for other hotels in Bali, but I have never had this type of service in any Marriott before.
What's your elite status?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:41 am

Any thoughts on the St Regis vs the Ritz? Would love a private pool if possible with an upgrade.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dn10
Any thoughts on the St Regis vs the Ritz? Would love a private pool if possible with an upgrade.
anyone? Would like to book later today.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’ve not stayed at the RC, but I would be very surprised if it could equal the St Regis.

The upgrade from a standard Suite is to one with a small, private but not concealed pool which divides people. One level above that are the garden villas which are STUNNING but obviously no guarantee of an upgrade.

What I will say is that the St Regis saltwater lagoon, beach and to a lesser degree the communal pool are so beautiful you’re not going to be complaining anyways.

Service is excellent and I would say their breakfast is probably my favourite of any hotel in the world.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I’ve not stayed at the RC, but I would be very surprised if it could equal the St Regis.

The upgrade from a standard Suite is to one with a small, private but not concealed pool which divides people. One level above that are the garden villas which are STUNNING but obviously no guarantee of an upgrade.

What I will say is that the St Regis saltwater lagoon, beach and to a lesser degree the communal pool are so beautiful you’re not going to be complaining anyways.

Service is excellent and I would say their breakfast is probably my favourite of any hotel in the world.
super helpful thank you
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I've stayed at both and IMO the St Regis is definitely superior, this is reflected in the difference in the rates between the properties.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:25 pm

St Regis is better than Ritz Carlton. Suites are better designed, despite slightly older than those at RC. F&B is also a lot better.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
No RC stay yet vs twice stays at SR.

I will pick SR over RC any days.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
Obviously the general thought is that the STR is better than the RC but at 85k vs 50k points/night you're still getting great value for a 5* resort at the RC. Am I off base in saying that?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Bfhause
Obviously the general thought is that the STR is better than the RC but at 85k vs 50k points/night you're still getting great value for a 5* resort at the RC. Am I off base in saying that?
For points you really need to look at value in cash terms, and I don’t think the RC looks great at 50K points. There are a lot of luxury 5* resorts out there at that level.
The St Regis is acceptable but not amazing at 85K, but as my favourite Marriott Group resort I’ve stayed at, I don’t focus on the points/ $ as much.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by dagangwood
What's your elite status?
Titanium
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
85k is Maldives rate for St regis Nusa Dua so I wouldn't recommend that unless someone really wants to burn points. Better to find a good Brg rate. Have spotted brg rate 300-400€/night opportunities some time ago.
bizum likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
I dont think any hotel in Bali is a good value for points redemption due to the relatively low cash rate
3rdworldresident likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.