Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Old Mar 1, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by 80proofGalleyCart
Platinum & over are treated to breakfast at all Alofts should they choose it as a welcome amenity -- the other option being a not so tempting 500 points. I find Depot -- Aloft Bali Kuta's pool-adjacent restaurant -- to be cozy and cheerful with pastries and baked goods that are leagues better than some Indonesian 5-star hotels (RC Mega Kuningan, I'm looking at you, baby). Per FTer Alawyer and my experiences, they do upgrade rooms for Plats & over (an exception to Aloft's no upgrades policy, but it does happen). I was assigned an upper floor pool view and loved it, but be weary of the ground floor pool view rooms (priced as a better room for whatever reason) if you value privacy. I get why not everyone feels Aloft, but this particular hotel punches above the brand's weight and is really great value IMO. For a third of the price as Sheraton on the other side of Beachwalk mall, you're getting the same location (minus the ocean view, naturally) and management (they share owners and a GM). I'd say unless this is a family trip (rooms a bit small for that) or you really want/need a big pool, it's a solid choice for a Marriott in South Bali.
Great, thanks for your info. I sent an email to the hotel, they told me they do honour platinum elite member's privilege, offering free breakfast and room upgrade this is awesome! I'm also considering these hotels: four points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak, four Points by Sheraton Bali, Ungasan, Fairfield by marriott legian, any ideas that you can share with me? Not sure if four points do offer free breakfast and room upgrade. thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by Alawyer
Yes I am Bonvoy Platinum. Am doing this mattress run in Bali to collect some of the 50 nights required for requalification.

In all of the above hotels which 80proof had noted, it was an easy choice between welcome points or free breakfast. Specifically at the Aloft Kuta, it was just breakfast and a free upgrade. No welcome drinks but unlike the Aloft Seminyak, the bar area at the ground floor or Depot isn't that inviting. This Aloft has the newest rooms I've seen in Bali with a whopping 55" TV with easy HDMI ports for Netflix and chilling if you're tired of staring at the tiny pool. The breakfast at Depot was quite solid with lots of local and limited western options. I did enjoy the al fresco poolside seating on a cool Bali morning.

I agree that this is a solid choice for Bali at its below US$100 price point if you like being in the middle of the Kuta scene. It is refreshing to be able to walk to the beach and restaurants instead of having to brave the horrendous Bali traffic. Excellent nasi goreng and babi guling place just next to the Aloft/Seminyak as well.
Thanks for your sharing. I really like its proximity to the main tourists areas and its being a new hotel. I am also looking at these hotels; four points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak four Points by Sheraton Bali, Ungasan, fairfield by marriott legian, any ideas about them? Would these brands offer free breakfast and room upgrade? thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by dwcho
Thanks for your sharing. I really like its proximity to the main tourists areas and its being a new hotel. I am also looking at these hotels; four points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak four Points by Sheraton Bali, Ungasan, fairfield by marriott legian, any ideas about them? Would these brands offer free breakfast and room upgrade? thanks.
Please check the wiki of this thread (itís a sticky at top of Marriott forum). Written by Horace and will give you a breakdown of what each brand offers. Good luck!

FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level
Alawyer likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 4:43 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort - Breakfast
Buffet breakfast, fee from 302500.00 IDR
Dining Services
Room service, 24-hour
Room service
--------------------------------------------------
Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak
Breakfast
Buffet breakfast, fee from 125000.00 IDR
Dining Services
Bar-B-Q and/or picnic area
Room service, 24-hour
Room service
Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Ungasan
Breakfast
Buffet breakfast, fee from 120000.00 IDR
Dining Services
Bar-B-Q and/or picnic area
Room service, 24-hour
Room service
Sundry/Convenience store
Fairfield by Marriott Bali Legian
Breakfast
Buffet breakfast, fee from 125000.00 IDR
Dining Services
Local restaurant dinner delivery
Room service
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:34 pm

Programs: hahaha
Anyone here have a negative experience with any property's breakfast buffet when it comes to vegetarian offerings? I want to be as accommodating as possible to a friend that I want to book for
Old Mar 2, 2023, 11:23 pm

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Stayed at both properties before.

Mandapa is a great property. But being RCR, they have no obligation to upgrade elites.
(I did get upgrade to their river view villa before but I wouldn't expecting on it for my future stays)

Service wise, I would say Mandapa win by a notch due to their property size.

If you value upgrade then St Regis as they supposedly upgrade elites.
But if you dont mind no upgrade then Mandapa.
was the mandapa booking on points? was breakfast included (Plat and above)?
Old Mar 4, 2023, 12:02 am

As the Mandapa does have only publicity Rates with breakfast included, they have to give out breakfast for points bookings as well by T&C
Old Mar 4, 2023, 12:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
was the mandapa booking on points? was breakfast included (Plat and above)?
Mine was cash stay and the rate include breakfast.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Hi all!

My self and my (future) wife have booked a 4 night stay in the Villa at the Westin Ubud as part of our honeymoon! Does anyone have recent experience with that? Would love to hear more about thoughts on the villa, hotel itself, service, anything else, etc.

Also, does anyone have either a link or a pdf for more recent menus for the restaurants there? Most recent I can find are from September of 2020 o nthe Marriott website so I'm sure there have been plenty of changes. Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2023, 10:21 pm

Programs: hahaha
I have a five night redemption at the Fairfield Legian next week, and I just found out I'll have to be on-call for USA/CAN business hours, which run about 15 hours behind Bali. So with my smartwatch I'll wake up middle of the night and run down to the lobby for a quick Teams call.

Unless you guys think this lobby is ill-equipped (just need a seat really, not even a table), or too small? Is there a better hotel with a better overnight lobby I could do work in? Any suggestions? Price is about 25K Bonvoy, I don't mind spending 15K more. Lol
Old Apr 7, 2023, 1:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I believe the Fairfield Legian's lobby is open air lobby with some bench type seating.
Not very large though.

You could sit around their pool if you need more privacy.

And iirc their restaurant seating is accessible by guests even when the restaurant is closed.

Just remember to bring mosquito repellant with you.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by asovse1
I have a five night redemption at the Fairfield Legian next week, and I just found out I'll have to be on-call for USA/CAN business hours, which run about 15 hours behind Bali. So with my smartwatch I'll wake up middle of the night and run down to the lobby for a quick Teams call.

Unless you guys think this lobby is ill-equipped (just need a seat really, not even a table), or too small? Is there a better hotel with a better overnight lobby I could do work in? Any suggestions? Price is about 25K Bonvoy, I don't mind spending 15K more. Lol
You can see what the lobby layout looks like. There is also seating in the bar/pool area adjacent to the lobby but note that there are numerous rooms facing this area, so I would not be too loud during your meeting to avoid the potential wrath of a guest. A better place would be the small lower courtyard as shown at 5:45. It has tables and chairs and is more private.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 3:33 pm

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
How does STR Bali compare to Vana Belle in Koh Samui? I stayed at Vana Belle and thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. Breakfast is not included (lowly gold here) on points stay there and was like USD$35 per person and I felt they could have few more offerings. Food at the restaurants was excellent. Is breakfast included when you book points stay at STR Bali?
Old Apr 10, 2023, 1:31 am

Programs: I like them all
Originally Posted by asovse1

Live view of Courtyard Seminyak lobby. Open air lobby with plenty of seats for a early AM call.

asovse1 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 5:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by wazupchris
Live view of Courtyard Seminyak lobby. Open air lobby with plenty of seats for a early AM call.
Except he is staying at the Fairfield Legian. I doubt he will drive in the middle of the night to the Courtyard Seminyak.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.