Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:54 pm

Thanks for the advice. I’m thinking location is equally important. W it is.
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:15 am

Hi,
We (couple) will stay in Bali for 7 days. For the first 2 days we booked the RC already. During the other 5 days we plan to visit around Komodo for a 2 nights trip.
As we are flying in directly from Europe and spend 3 more weeks in Asia after Bali we will have a lot of luggage with us that we don't want to carry around to Komodo.
So the plan is to book a not so pricey Bonvoy property for the whole 5 days and use it 3 days and the other 2 days just as secure luggage storage.
What would be the best option here? Also in terms of status benefits (at the moment Plat) and location. I heard Kuta should be avoided. Plan for the 3 days we stay there would be touring around the usual tourist spots like Temples and so on. And is it worth redeeming points here or better use cash rates? Like 70K for 5 nights in the Element seems quite fair to me.

Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by DevDedication
Hi,
We (couple) will stay in Bali for 7 days. For the first 2 days we booked the RC already. During the other 5 days we plan to visit around Komodo for a 2 nights trip.
As we are flying in directly from Europe and spend 3 more weeks in Asia after Bali we will have a lot of luggage with us that we don't want to carry around to Komodo.
So the plan is to book a not so pricey Bonvoy property for the whole 5 days and use it 3 days and the other 2 days just as secure luggage storage.
What would be the best option here? Also in terms of status benefits (at the moment Plat) and location. I heard Kuta should be avoided. Plan for the 3 days we stay there would be touring around the usual tourist spots like Temples and so on. And is it worth redeeming points here or better use cash rates? Like 70K for 5 nights in the Element seems quite fair to me.

Thanks.
you can leave the luggage at concierge for the 2 days since you're coming back after that.

element ubud is a little far from the airport tbh, not ideal to go from/to. Better stay somewhere in Seminyak/Kuta/Uluwatu
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:47 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Downside to STR is location. You could be at an amazing resort anywhere in the world. Not much "Bali" about it whatsoever.
Quite unlike the W in Seminyak with its characteristically Bali Australian architecture and German gap year student locals
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
We have a 7 night certificate up to cat 5 to use. It sounds possible to upgrade to a cat 6 (for RC - if it's worth it), but I'm not sure the cost. We definitely want to visit Ubud, but not sure we want to spend all 7 days there.

I'm thinking we should just use the 7 night certificate at one of the resorts in town then go on our own for 2-3 nights during this stay to ubud. I stayed at the grand hyatt many years ago and didn't really like that area. The westin and laguna are in that area, so unless they're absolutely amazing would probably rather avoid them. We're looking for something a bit more "authentic".

So that leaves the Renaissance Uluwatu or the Sheraton.

The Renaissance looks very nice in photos, and it's definitely more rural with more nature around, but it doesn't seem like there's much to do outside of the resort (and even the beach is a shuttle ride away). I don't like having to take taxis/shuttles to go everywhere, and the GF doesn't like sitting around the resort all day. Also it'd be farther to travel to Ubud.

As for the Sheraton I've seen mixed reviews and I've heard the beach there isn't the greatest and it's rather busy around and the pool is small. The cash price is also much cheaper there than some of the other cat 5 hotels.

I've also heard of the stones autograph (cat 4) which we could do, or simply spending the whole week at the elements ubud (cat 3). I think we would probably be more ubud/nature/yoga type of people, but it seems like a waste of a cat 5 certificate - it is however a use it or lose it type of situation.

Any advice?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
7 days in Ubud might be too long stay, even if it’s your first time. I would say 3-4 days are enaugh, including 1 day to have whole trip to north Bali

don’t avoid seminyak (or Kuta) area, seminyak is preferable

In my opinion, nusa dua is better than Jimbaran, but nothing to do at both, except to relax some days (the sea is bad everywhere)

1 night in Uluwatu could be enaugh
Old Nov 24, 2019, 2:02 pm

Ubud: Sthala or Element?

I have 5 nights on points booked at the St Regis Bali (60k/night while still at category 7) in February.

For the rest of my visit (4 nights) I'm going to stay in Ubud, again on points. I could instead stay in Seminyak but from what I've read it's similar to Nusa Dusa. I'm torn between Element and Sthala, has anyone here stayed at both and can recommend one over the other? I have Ambassador status but I imagine it's unlikely to make a massive difference at lower grade hotels.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:08 pm

There is also a new Westin opening (finally) in Ubud at the end of December.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:31 pm

Seminyak is completely different than Nusa Dua.

in Nusa Dua there is nothing except the hotels.

seminyak is one of the best south East Asian village.

then, if you are going to Ubud, it is also wonderful

If it’s your first time in Bali and you can spend 9 nights, I would have split 3+3+3 nights.

Nusa Dua is only nice to relax some days in any beautiful hotel. The sea is nothing nice and really nothing else to do.

All the Marriott properties in Ubud are too distant from the city center, even if you are hiring a Scooter (highly recommended) their locations are not comfortable

I would choose a non Marriott property between monkey forest and Palace or just around. Ubud has plenty of small beautiful boutique hotels.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by kwarg
I have 5 nights on points booked at the St Regis Bali (60k/night while still at category 7) in February.

For the rest of my visit (4 nights) I'm going to stay in Ubud, again on points. I could instead stay in Seminyak but from what I've read it's similar to Nusa Dusa. I'm torn between Element and Sthala, has anyone here stayed at both and can recommend one over the other? I have Ambassador status but I imagine it's unlikely to make a massive difference at lower grade hotels.

Thanks for any advice!
Element is nearer to Ubud town while Sthala is really far from it.
I would highly recommend Element.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:47 am

Thanks everyone
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:34 am

Hello,
Does any of Bali Marriott properties have club lounge or platinum happy hour ?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:54 am

I think the Ritz only, but it’s not included as plat or above benefit
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: SAS EBD (*A Gold), SPG/Marriott Plat
Planning to go to Bali for five nights in November. Do you have any suggestions on where I should start my research for a family friendly hotel, with activities and facilities suited to a five year old?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by yellowgreyblack
Planning to go to Bali for five nights in November. Do you have any suggestions on where I should start my research for a family friendly hotel, with activities and facilities suited to a five year old?
Westin have a good kids club with different activities daily
the drawback is, its in the Nusa Dua area which is a gated resort complex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.