Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:14 pm

Got upgraded with a private pool villa at St Regis. Thanks for recommendations - hotel has been very impressive.
EuropeanPete and bizum like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by sandyph
I dont think any hotel in Bali is a good value for points redemption due to the relatively low cash rate
Perhaps not for Marriott, but there are certainly deals to be had.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

Perhaps not for Marriott, but there are certainly deals to be had.
yes, was specifically referring to Marriott. Hilton Garden Inn at 5000 is one of the best deal anywhere
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:07 pm

Bali Hotel Recommendation - Bonvoy Titanium Member

Hi! Wife and I just booked a trip to Bali for 5 nights in middle of March. We are leaving the baby with the grandparents, so would love to use this a chance to relax, and explore. I'd like to use my marriott bonvoy rewards points for all of the nights. Having never been there or knowing nothing about the area, do folks have any recommendations on where to stay? Is there a property that someone has been to that is great? Our must haves are close to a beach and a fantastic pool. I'm also a titanium member, so if there is the option for free breakfast (and other perks), that would be ideal.

I was looking at the St. Regis, and the Ritz, however, I don't think I'd get any perks at those properties. I had also read that the area these are in are super touristy. Any others that are in better areas, and might be a hidden gem?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:07 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Please follow this to the Marriott forum where it is likely to get more responses.

l'etoile
sr. moderator
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:27 pm

My apologies, completely new to the forum. Thank you!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jithu9684

I was looking at the St. Regis, and the Ritz, however, I don't think I'd get any perks at those properties. I had also read that the area these are in are super touristy. Any others that are in better areas, and might be a hidden gem?
I’ve only stayed at 4 properties in Bali and would rate them in this order:

St Regis (fantastic)
Laguna Resort (excellent)
Westin Nusa Dua (excellent)
Le Meridien (avoid due to smoke blowing through the property due to restaurants nearby with their coconut fired ovens)

You can read more about the properties on their individual master threads or skim through this one. They all include breakfast for Plat and higher. RC is exempted from offering breakfast.
dagangwood likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:50 pm

Thank you Margarita Girl!
Did you feel that the St. Regis area was a bit secluded? Were there enough options for local dining, that isn't at a resort?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jithu9684
Thank you Margarita Girl!
Did you feel that the St. Regis area was a bit secluded? Were there enough options for local dining, that isn't at a resort?

It's a very large property, so definitely felt secluded. I was only there 2 nights, so we stayed on the property. I'm not sure how far it would have been to other restaurants.

You can check out dining discounts here.

https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/R+B

Last edited by margarita girl; Aug 30, 2019 at 7:24 pm
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:31 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
We stayed at the St Regis Bali in December. I've also stayed at the Grand Hyatt and either the Westin or Laguna.

All three are in Nusa Dua which is like a gated community of mega resorts. There is a central strip mall with tourist food and shopping but that isn't really near the St Regis.

If you are looking to stay in a big resort with all the amenities, and perhaps to visit restaurants in other big resorts, then this is fine. We enjoyed ourselves and never left the property.

If you are looking for a resort where you can wander out the front door and visit local shops and restaurants and the like, this is not the one for you. I think W Seminyak is more of a fit for that as well as, I think, some other properties like the Le Meridien and Hyatt Regency. Best to look at Google Maps and see what is around the properties you are considering.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:54 pm

What about the W?

I haven’t seen the W in any of the Bali comments. Worth it?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:57 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by PSPandBA
The W apparently divides people quite severely. I thought it was fine, but on the one hand lacking a certain something and at the other being somewhat overcrowded. The main rooms and suites have nice views, and the villas are private, but often dark and covered in leaves.

I wouldn’t rush to go back myself and immediately afterwards went to the St Regis which blew me away.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by PSPandBA
I stayed there a few years ago and wasn't impressed for the price. The standout for me was the breakfast buffet which remains one of the best I've had across Asia (which, as I'm sure you'll appreciate, is saying something).

It's a thumping great resort that doesn't offer good value given the basic room is, well, a regular hotel room and not a suite or villa like the W Samui. I like being in Seminyak and honestly I've had better holidays at the nearby Four Points for a fraction of the cost and can still walk to Potato Head.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
W is also great but St. Regis is the winner.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
W is also great but St. Regis is the winner.
Downside to STR is location. You could be at an amazing resort anywhere in the world. Not much "Bali" about it whatsoever.

W wins on location - restaurants galore, long walks on the beach, shopping, etc. No question STR is the better property, but W is the better location.

So, property vs. location. That's the decision one needs to make.

Best, Jamie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.