Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Essex House, New York City (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 19, 2021, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Email address (per post 312): [email protected]
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Essex House, New York City (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2020, 12:42 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by tripmaster
Fam and I are travelling to NYC late June for some medical treatment for my son (scoliosis) - staying 2 weeks at the Essex, and wanted to get in touch with their VIP guest relations person (currently Titanium Elite here). I know there was a post with the email contact removed - can someone DM that to me?

Hi tripmaster,

If you'd like to contact the hotel concierge, they may be able to help with any requests. They can be reached by email at [email protected]

Regards,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
Old May 15, 2020, 7:40 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hi tripmaster,

If you'd like to contact the hotel concierge, they may be able to help with any requests. They can be reached by email at [email protected]

Regards,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
Thanks! Got prompt response, There's no in hotel dining or breakfast benefit, which makes using points there a dubious proposition right now for an extended medical visit. May be better off at Residence Inn with fridge and kitchen.
rogo likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Here now. It's the "nicest" Marriott currently open in Manhattan (other FS options include the Meridien, W Union Square, two Rens, and the Marquis).

Definitely a mixed bag. They only have floors 6 and 7 open for guests. Absolutely no food or beverage except bottled water. Skeleton crew - I called guest services for silverware to eat my takeout (from The Smith - excellent!) and the manager on duty, who is manning the front desk, ran it up to my room personally.

On the positive side, the staff that are here have been fantastic - cheerful, gracious, and helpful as can be. I was at the Courtyard Midtown East earlier, and that was a total dumpster fire (with a housekeeper staffing the front desk). It seems these are just very challenging times for Manhattan hotels.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just had a nice stay here. Was told there are two upgrade options, Park view king or inner junior suite. I chose the junior suite, which was actually a handicap room, but very nice and large. And as it was an inner room, it was completely silent. No street noise.

For elite benefits in addition to the upgrade I was given 4pm checkout and 1000 points plus 1000 more points for the club being closed.
360guy, DELee and andrewstahl like this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 11:02 am

Signs of life?

I'm hoping operations return a bit more to normal - Titanium benefits, breakfast etc here in June. Thinking of staying here vs St Regis (fewer points + cash) with an SNA for a week late june.

Anyone stay here recently? How are things looking?
Old May 19, 2021, 4:10 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
I'm hoping operations return a bit more to normal - Titanium benefits, breakfast etc here in June. Thinking of staying here vs St Regis (fewer points + cash) with an SNA for a week late june.

Anyone stay here recently? How are things looking?
Restaurant and spa are still closed but the hotel is otherwise operational. This is not on the same level as the St. Regis but is a better option than the Ritz IMO. It’s not much cheaper than the STR on a long stay if there is a pay 2 stay 3 promotion. Either way, you’ll end up spending a few thousand USD for a weekend trip.

My SNAs cleared to the Family Suite and they upgraded me beyond that to a suite with a Central Park view. Lovely staff and team. I highly recommend BOTH this and the St. Regis. If STR Bentley service is in operation by the time you visit, that experience is pretty memorable.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 8:34 am

As of June 30, hot breakfast reopened. Left before the hotel restaurants did, but staff seemed happy to welcome guests back to the lounge.

Last edited by tripmaster; Jul 6, 2021 at 4:43 pm
Old Jul 4, 2021, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Restaurant and spa are still closed but the hotel is otherwise operational. This is not on the same level as the St. Regis but is a better option than the Ritz IMO. It’s not much cheaper than the STR on a long stay if there is a pay 2 stay 3 promotion. Either way, you’ll end up spending a few thousand USD for a weekend trip.

My SNAs cleared to the Family Suite and they upgraded me beyond that to a suite with a Central Park view. Lovely staff and team. I highly recommend BOTH this and the St. Regis. If STR Bentley service is in operation by the time you visit, that experience is pretty memorable.
Ended up in Junior Suite, which was fine - sofa bed was a little mushy, but son didnt mind. Man, the location is great - as a former NY'er w friends in WaHi, proximity to trains made it super convenient.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 11:55 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Ended up in Junior Suite, which was fine - sofa bed was a little mushy, but son didnt mind. Man, the location is great - as a former NY'er w friends in WaHi, proximity to trains made it super convenient.
Glad you had a nice trip. Any updates on the lounge?
Old Jul 4, 2021, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
As of July 30, hot breakfast reopened.
July 30 or June 30?

What floor did they put you on? Any indication how many floors are open? When I was there last June, they only had 5 and 6 open and the guest room options were, shall we say, suboptimal.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:44 am

Anybody have an email for the hotel?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:47 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tajee165
Anybody have an email for the hotel?
[email protected]

khabah
dgreen12 and WasKnown like this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:29 am

We were on 7, in a studio suite (floating wall with TV in between LR and BR). Lounge reopened the last day with hot breakfast. It looks like the restaurant is open now (tho with Delta variant who knows?)

Going back Thanksgiving week.
svo242 and WasKnown like this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Hi guys,

I’m thinking about staying here just before Christmas to use some Marriott points, so I emailed them this morning to check the status of the services. They just replied to say that the restaurant, bar and exec lounge are all open, and that they’re offering spa treatments, but the stream room and sauna are still shut.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by adamgilbride
They just replied to say that the restaurant, bar and exec lounge are all open, and that they’re offering spa treatments, but the stream room and sauna are still shut.
That's terrible about the steam and sauna. The nearby excellent Sports Club New York (and other NYC gyms) opened their steam, sauna and jacuzzi back up about 5 months ago. Winter is coming and those things are very important! Hopefully this hotel will open up those facilities soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.