Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Essex House, New York City (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 19, 2021, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Email address (per post 312): [email protected]
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Essex House, New York City (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2023, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Kacee
That is an off the charts upgrade. I've been upgraded to CPV once, on a paid suite booking, but it was to like 7th floor and on the corner, no dead-on CP view like that. Last time I was here in September (paid suite again), I got an air shaft view on a low floor.
You know, I think I may have gotten that same room as you (with the air shaft view). Was it right by the elevators?

And holy moly is that CPV suite insane.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 11:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Lufthansa, Marriott, Hilton
Does anyone know the latest on the lobby renovations or about when that will be completed?

Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Polytonic
You know, I think I may have gotten that same room as you (with the air shaft view). Was it right by the elevators?
Yes, right off the elevator lobby. Surprisingly noise from the elevators/lobby was not an issue.

In years past I've gotten some decent upgrades here, including one of the terrace suites (but without a park view) when I'd SNA'ed to an Essex Suite. I think room assignment and upgrades are highly dependent on the agent who checks you in.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 6:22 am

Programs: AA gold Marriott platinum
had lurked for a while before this stay and wanted to add my 2 cents

Checked in last night for long weekend using MMP. Friendly check in guy, no upgrade offered (they were available) and I didn’t push it. Lounge breakfast is good. Lounge ( just tables and a buffet in a ballroom) open m-t all day but f,s,s only in the morning

$35 daily destination fee does cover MOMA tickets (about $30 each) plus food and bev credit.
platbrownguy and mplflyer like this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 9:13 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Swimreed3000 welcome to Flyertalk! Congratulations on your first post.

--Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.