Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
DW noticed recently that her MR Gold status from RewardsPlus disappeared. MR had her dropped down to general member. She re-registered via UA and got it back in a day or two.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Rewards Plus

I accomplished a status match for Silver on United in the fall of 2016 that was then good until Jan 31,2018, a few weeks from now. I wanted to make sure that my Silver Premier status remained intact after that due to my Platinum Marriott/SPG status. I contacted Marriott a few months ago to find out what has to be done to make this seamless. The Marriott reps I spoke with all seemed confused by my requests, seemingly not even knowing what Rewards Plus is. After a lot of back and forth and emails all I could get out of anyone is I need to re-register after the first of the year 2018.

So, I went on today using a link from one of the travel bloggers. I clicked on "enroll" tab on the Marriott Rewards Plus page and went through the process. At the end I realized that I was creating a new Mileage Plus account and possibly linking with my Marriott account. So clearly this is not what I need to do. Does this maybe have something to do with my status with United being good through end of month?

I'm finding my status to be very valuable on the routes I fly, always able to get the extra room seating on check in and first class upgrades occur about 80% of the time. And, I travel every weekend through the end of March. I'd like to not find my status gone for the months I travel after Jan 31st. What am I suppose to do? If I'm keeping up my Platinum with Marriott each year it should just seemingly continue as is uninterrupted....but apparently doesn't?

Maybe I'm just talking to the wrong people, both United and Marriott seem baffled and confused when I bring this up. What can I do to get this going?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:12 am

Wow! Comp upgrades to First 80% of the time as a Silver! I don't even get that as a Gold. Must be the routes.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Jonesdds
I accomplished a status match for Silver on United in the fall of 2016 that was then good until Jan 31,2018, a few weeks from now. I wanted to make sure that my Silver Premier status remained intact after that due to my Platinum Marriott/SPG status. I contacted Marriott a few months ago to find out what has to be done to make this seamless. The Marriott reps I spoke with all seemed confused by my requests, seemingly not even knowing what Rewards Plus is. After a lot of back and forth and emails all I could get out of anyone is I need to re-register after the first of the year 2018.

So, I went on today using a link from one of the travel bloggers. I clicked on "enroll" tab on the Marriott Rewards Plus page and went through the process. At the end I realized that I was creating a new Mileage Plus account and possibly linking with my Marriott account. So clearly this is not what I need to do. Does this maybe have something to do with my status with United being good through end of month?

I'm finding my status to be very valuable on the routes I fly, always able to get the extra room seating on check in and first class upgrades occur about 80% of the time. And, I travel every weekend through the end of March. I'd like to not find my status gone for the months I travel after Jan 31st. What am I suppose to do? If I'm keeping up my Platinum with Marriott each year it should just seemingly continue as is uninterrupted....but apparently doesn't?

Maybe I'm just talking to the wrong people, both United and Marriott seem baffled and confused when I bring this up. What can I do to get this going?
It is seamless. You enroll in the rewardsplus site to link your existing accounts. It sounds like you did something wrong when you enrolled if you created a new MP account because you should have linked it to the existing MP account. My guess is instead of clicking the sign up for rewardsplus link, you clicked on the enroll in mileageplus if you don't have one already link. Did you get confirmation of

The other thing to note is the united digital status will not update from 1/31/18 to 1/31/19 until after the month.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I called Plat # and the lady knew exactly what to do - I should have my Silver back for my rtn flight this Thursday. The only concern I have is the Silver status only last till end of January. That means month of Feb will have basic status. I will try calling back again and see if they can make it seamless from Jan to March.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
So apparently my silver status from RewardsPlus in 2017 disappeared - I should be Marriott platinum again for 2018. So I went to the RewardsPlus site - linking existing accounts that were previously linked - and was able to submit my info and said to come back after 2/28/2018 - luckily I have no united flights before then but is that all correct or should I call? If so - call Marriott or call United?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:52 pm

Just an update from Marriott Insiders:

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
So apparently my silver status from RewardsPlus in 2017 disappeared - I should be Marriott platinum again for 2018. So I went to the RewardsPlus site - linking existing accounts that were previously linked - and was able to submit my info and said to come back after 2/28/2018 - luckily I have no united flights before then but is that all correct or should I call? If so - call Marriott or call United?
I would try calling the Plat line as the poster above you did to get it relinked.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:52 pm

Others have reported similar and that their silver came back in a couple days. If not... you'll likely call both because both will usually point to the other.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
DW noticed recently that her MR Gold status from RewardsPlus disappeared. MR had her dropped down to general member. She re-registered via UA and got it back in a day or two.
How did she re-register with UA? My status also dropped back to mileage plus member rather than silver.

Any additional tips on how she re-registered with UA would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by hoangb
How did she re-register with UA? My status also dropped back to mileage plus member rather than silver.

Any additional tips on how she re-registered with UA would be much appreciated.
https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...lus/index.html
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Thanks for the link. After viewing the link, I realized that I actually experienced the opposite--my United Silver dropped back to basic member rather than Marriott as I am a Marriott Platinum.

I did go on the Marriott Rewards site to re-register, but message something like my previous status with United will expire after Feb. 28, 2018, and that the new registration will take effect after that. I guess I had thought United would be able to fix this, but it seems that you were referring to matching Marriott to your current elite status with United.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by drew in the air
It is seamless. You enroll in the rewardsplus site to link your existing accounts. It sounds like you did something wrong when you enrolled if you created a new MP account because you should have linked it to the existing MP account. My guess is instead of clicking the sign up for rewardsplus link, you clicked on the enroll in mileageplus if you don't have one already link. Did you get confirmation of

The other thing to note is the united digital status will not update from 1/31/18 to 1/31/19 until after the month.
Yes, I stupidly enrolled in Mileage Plus, needed to pan down a bit more. Fixed my mistake and registered again(I'd though registering last July was all I'd have to do) It went through but I find it odd that I did not get an email confirming registration. Is that typical? Also when I speak to agents at Marriott and United they can't see it(been about 5 days. Just wanted to make sure it took so starting Feb 1 will continue with status.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Just went through this drill myself...called last week and the agent was clueless. Tried tweeting today and they told me to call again. This time when the first agent clearly wasn't understanding what i was asking for, I asked if there was a department that specialized in this relationship between Marriott and United and she was able to transfer me to someone who knew exactly what I needed. I have a UA flight coming up on Tuesday...we'll see if it's updated by then.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Still nothing from Monday's call. So I called CSR today and the lady said I need to reapply and I informed her I did and the msg was I will be Silver after Feb. And she said the way the program works is you will be member status for the first 2 month - that was what she believed. If that is the case, going back to AA as I have earned status there.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Jan 13, 2018 at 8:54 am
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:32 am

another update - I just got my Silver back - not sure how. And I am unsure of when it will end. Guess will have to call to find out...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.