Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London EDITION Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
No more free breakfast for Plats as per email from hotel: "To celebrate The London EDITION opening we previously included “Breakfast-on- us” as an additional benefit to your Marriott Platinum Rewards status to thank you for your support and custom. After 2 successful years and more exciting hotel development and openings to come, Marriott International is re-aligning the current and future properties with your existing Marriott Platinum Rewards program to provide a consistent experience for our guests across the EDITION Brand. Therefore the complimentary breakfast option is no longer available at EDITION Hotels"
Print Wikipost

London EDITION Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Europeanpete says: both are good options. If I had access to those two rates, I would probably alternate between the hotels based on what I was doing in London and where I needed to be.
It'll just be 2 nights so maybe I should try the Edition as it's very 'Central'. Although just a leisure trip, I'd be nice to be in Chinatown / Soho area although GNH is good for Eurostar, which i'll be taking. GNH would be non-refundable though for the price quoted so I'll keep Edition and wait and see. I'll also got Marriott Maida Value on a BRG (115 GBP) which you also recommended before - it's OK but I liked GNH more for the wonderful a la carte breakfast and the location next to Eurostar. Edition would be interesting to try though. Thanks as always for your insights!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:36 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Did you try the breakfast? I’m wondering whether to try this property next summer as I got a good rate [...]
We didn't try breakfast. (Above, newshound wrote that it was "very good".)

A summer trip and a good rate? Try it! The only things we actively disliked (the heating and the lack of same in the bathroom) are unlikely to be relevant in summer.
EuropeanPete and yorkboy24 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I'm tempted to try this hotel on an upcoming stay, but it appears there's no pool and only a limited gym so I might opt for the Sheraton or Le Meridien instead.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
If Gym and Pool are important then LeMeridien would be better although gym facilities aren't wonderful there either. Best bet is to get a one week pass at a nearby gym (I got one at Fitness First / DW Fitness on Ramillies St) and avoid the peak work out periods.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by newshound
If Gym and Pool are important then LeMeridien would be better although gym facilities aren't wonderful there either. Best bet is to get a one week pass at a nearby gym (I got one at Fitness First / DW Fitness on Ramillies St) and avoid the peak work out periods.
Any gym with a pool near the Edition?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:35 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Not anywhere near that I know of, you'd need to go to a community sports center I'd imagine
Old Apr 14, 2020, 10:55 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Looking for a hotel in London over Christmas and the cash/points rates for the EDITION seem decent.

Reading reviews here most seem rather underwhelmed. For around the same price, would I be better off at the Park Tower or Westbury?

Last edited by FlyingFrZ; Apr 14, 2020 at 11:29 am
Old Apr 14, 2020, 2:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Looking for a hotel in London over Christmas and the cash/points rates for the EDITION seem decent.

Reading reviews here most seem rather underwhelmed. For around the same price, would I be better off at the Park Tower or Westbury?
The Edition is the nicest hotel with the best F&B, but base rooms are petite. The Westbury is fine and I've always been in quite large rooms, but feels a bit dated. The Park Tower is in Knightsbridge which I find a pretty grim place.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The Edition is the nicest hotel with the best F&B, but base rooms are petite. The Westbury is fine and I've always been in quite large rooms, but feels a bit dated. The Park Tower is in Knightsbridge which I find a pretty grim place.
​​​​​​
Shame I can't use my SNAs at the EDITION
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Shame that Marriott has entire brands that don't really participate in BoNv*y (of which Edition is one of them)
Old Apr 14, 2020, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Shame that Marriott has entire brands that don't really participate in BoNv*y (of which Edition is one of them)
Agree. Pretty confusing which brands do what, but know that if I want any benefits I need to avoid EDITION and Ritz. I kind of get Ritz, really don’t get EDITION
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Any recent experience of London EDITION? Has the experience/hotel changed much due to Covid? Visiting London for a weekend this month with my girlfriend. We are both in our 20s. I'm choosing between the London EDITION, Marriott Park Lane, Bankside, St Ermin's and W London, as all of them are £149-150 a night with my Healthcare heroes rate. We are looking to spend time shopping, visiting museums and experiencing good food. Not looking to party.

I should be Marriott Platinum for the first time, by the time I stay.

Edit: I should say, we are staying four nights, so could visit a couple of hotels.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Any recent experience of London EDITION? Has the experience/hotel changed much due to Covid? Visiting London for a weekend this month with my girlfriend. We are both in our 20s. I'm choosing between the London EDITION, Marriott Park Lane, Bankside, St Ermin's and W London, as all of them are £149-150 a night with my Healthcare heroes rate. We are looking to spend time shopping, visiting museums and experiencing good food. Not looking to party.

Edit: I should say, we are staying four nights, so could visit a couple of hotels.
You probably know this, but if you want your status to be recognized the Edition isn't the best place for that. Not that Platinum gets you a whole lot, but you won't get free Platinum breakfast (again - not like you're missing out on much).
Old Oct 2, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Dn10
You probably know this, but if you want your status to be recognized the Edition isn't the best place for that. Not that Platinum gets you a whole lot, but you won't get free Platinum breakfast (again - not like you're missing out on much).
Thank you - I was aware but I appreciate the heads up regardless. I just like the look of the hotel, and hopefully they upgrade me and honour the 4pm checkout.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station

Is Bankside open again? That would be my first choice! All are good, St Ermin’s isn’t maybe the best fit perhaps, it stands out to your other picks and that particular area is a little soulless right now.
Radiation Station likes this.

Last edited by pazza2000; Oct 2, 2020 at 9:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.