Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London EDITION Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
No more free breakfast for Plats as per email from hotel: "To celebrate The London EDITION opening we previously included “Breakfast-on- us” as an additional benefit to your Marriott Platinum Rewards status to thank you for your support and custom. After 2 successful years and more exciting hotel development and openings to come, Marriott International is re-aligning the current and future properties with your existing Marriott Platinum Rewards program to provide a consistent experience for our guests across the EDITION Brand. Therefore the complimentary breakfast option is no longer available at EDITION Hotels"
Print Wikipost

London EDITION Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Thats a cool area of London, maybe not as trendy as Clerkenwall or totally upscale like the area around the GH. Another nice aspect is that you can get to Paddington direct on the Bakerloo (brown) line via the Oxford station. Doing that from the GH requires a transfer if you start at Marlybone - so that's why I walk of taxi it from GH.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Another thing to keep in mind re: the London Edition vs. the other London FS Marriotts, Rens, Autograph Collections is that with the Edition brand you get points for the room only, not incidental spend.

That, plus no brekkie & small rooms, is enough to keep me at the FS properties.

Cheers.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
London edition--trip reports?

Any trip reports yet on this new hotel?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

No trip reports that I'm aware of, but discussions of the property in this thread.

London, UK Edition

You only get points for the room at Editions, and the rooms at the (former Berners, now Edition) hotel were small - or at least the one I stayed in when I stayed there before the Edition rebrand. Depending on where you need to be in London it's got a decent location.

Cheers.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
since 12 September is (allegedly) opening date, how could there be!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by boss315
Any trip reports yet on this new hotel?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: Air France Gold, Emirates Gold, former UA 1K, Marriott/Ritz Gold, Hyatt Diamond...
Just got an email announcing opening Sept 12 and 270Pounds intro rate - thinking of maybe trying it out instead my St. Ermin's Hotel reservation I currently have over thanks giving. but if there are no Marriott Gold benefits (no free breakfast, no upgrades?) then I'll probably stick to the St Ermin's (unless someone has a better reco)

http://edition-hotels.marriott.com/london
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:37 pm
Suspended

EDITION brands are NOT excluded from perks............
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...s/guarantee.mi

Originally Posted by FrenchCaliFlyer
Just got an email announcing opening Sept 12 and 270Pounds intro rate - thinking of maybe trying it out instead my St. Ermin's Hotel reservation I currently have over thanks giving. but if there are no Marriott Gold benefits (no free breakfast, no upgrades?) then I'll probably stick to the St Ermin's (unless someone has a better reco)

Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
EDITION brands are NOT excluded from perks............
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...s/guarantee.mi
Edition is not on the list for free brekkie (JW Marriott, Marriott, Ren & Autograph) looking at the link provided. It is on the list for room type & Plat arrival gift guarantee.

Cheers.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:26 am
Suspended

and I read/interpreted -
Enjoy light snacks and beverages for members and one guest and continental breakfast, in the Lounge*. In the U.S. and Canada, choose between 750 bonus points or breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant if the lounge is closed. Select hotels will provide 1,000 points in lieu of breakfast in the event the lounge is closed. [GOLD/PLATINUM]
* At JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott Hotels® (resorts excluded)
as meaning you only get brekkie in the lounge at the designated * properties (and no option to have brekkie in the restaurant if a lounge is available).............

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Edition is not on the list for free brekkie (JW Marriott, Marriott, Ren & Autograph) looking at the link provided. It is on the list for room type & Plat arrival gift guarantee.

Cheers.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by FrenchCaliFlyer

If you do the Edition, please write up a trip report.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Anyone done a tour or walkthrough? Trying to decide on the Edition for opening week or le meridien piccadilly.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
and I read/interpreted -
Enjoy light snacks and beverages for members and one guest and continental breakfast, in the Lounge*. In the U.S. and Canada, choose between 750 bonus points or breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant if the lounge is closed. Select hotels will provide 1,000 points in lieu of breakfast in the event the lounge is closed. [GOLD/PLATINUM]
* At JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott Hotels® (resorts excluded)
as meaning you only get brekkie in the lounge at the designated * properties (and no option to have brekkie in the restaurant if a lounge is available).............
Different interpretation. On the int'l properties that don't have lounges that are JW, Marriott, Ren & Auto, brekkie is normally provided in restaurant (and what Michelle on Insiders posted a long time ago).

However, since it doesn't say Edition in the list of properties for brekkie my interpretation is that it might not be a given as it is w/ the other properties. Of course there are so few Editions who the heck knows!

Best bet for someone who's Gold or Plat is to call and ask - or if they do stay there, report back on this thread. With the other Marriott properties in London, they will get brekkie if it's important to them.

Cheers.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
I'll try to call as soon as I can get in touch with them
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:09 pm

London Edition--Trip Reports?

Any trip reports for this property?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:46 am

Staying at the property now...will have a FULL TRIP REPORT early next week. Let me just preface it with this: If you're not of the young, beautiful and trendy crowd that likes ultra modern pasted over a Victorian bldg., this may not be the place for you..............

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.