Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London EDITION Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
No more free breakfast for Plats as per email from hotel: "To celebrate The London EDITION opening we previously included “Breakfast-on- us” as an additional benefit to your Marriott Platinum Rewards status to thank you for your support and custom. After 2 successful years and more exciting hotel development and openings to come, Marriott International is re-aligning the current and future properties with your existing Marriott Platinum Rewards program to provide a consistent experience for our guests across the EDITION Brand. Therefore the complimentary breakfast option is no longer available at EDITION Hotels"
Print Wikipost

London EDITION Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I thought the service staff was great throughout. Maybe they needed a bit of training.
If "great throughout," then why "maybe they needed a bit of training?"
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by ohmark
If "great throughout," then why "maybe they needed a bit of training?"
I was referring to boss's review, which was done shortly after the hotel opened. I stayed last week, after the staff has had time to learn.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I was referring to boss's review, which was done shortly after the hotel opened. I stayed last week, after the staff has had time to learn.
Got it; thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Didn't realize that the London EDITION was Marriott-owned. Just read press release about Marriott selling London, Miami & New York (latter two not open yet) Editions earlier this year to Abu Dhabi Investment Authority. Marriott has long-term management of the properties.

Edition probably still won't get my bizness due to itty-bitty rooms, high rates & no points for incidental spend at the property. But glad they've improved since boss's stay.

Cheers.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
You must have been one of the "beautiful people," or they've gotten the kinks worked out!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by boss315
or they've gotten the kinks worked out!
But then we'd miss hearing "Waterloo Sunset".
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Two summer promos:

Promo 1

From June 10 - August 31, 2014, stay two consecutive nights Thursday through Sunday and receive a 10% discount off our best available rates on selected room types.

Explore London in its prime.

A limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations:
Click on "Check Availability" to make an online reservation, or call 1-800-MARRIOTT from within the US, or one of our toll-free worldwide reservation numbers outside the US and quote the Promotional Code for this offer.

Valid through: August 31, 2014
Promotional Code: M11

Promo 2

From July 20 - August 31, 2014, stay four consecutive nights Thursday-Sunday and receive a 20% discount off our best available rates on selected room types.

A limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations:
Click on "Check Availability" to make an online reservation, or call 1-800-MARRIOTT from within the US, +44 20 7908 7900 from within the UK or one of our toll-free worldwide reservation numbers outside the US and quote the Promotional Code for this offer.

Valid through: August 31, 2014
Promotional Code: M11

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jul 24, 2014 at 2:55 pm
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:14 pm

Google this: "Hotel Review: London Edition in London" if the link below does not work due to not being a subscriber.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/19/tr...=pocket-region

"Bottom Line

Don’t let the scenesters in the lobby put you off. The friendly, unpretentious service and beautiful public spaces make for a standout stay."
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Google this: "Hotel Review: London Edition in London" if the link below does not work due to not being a subscriber.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/19/tr...=pocket-region

"Bottom Line

Don’t let the scenesters in the lobby put you off. The friendly, unpretentious service and beautiful public spaces make for a standout stay."
Hopefully someone will read through the article to discover the photo is NOT the norm in terms of room size (and the 237sq ft the author writes as standard is not actually standard. Rooms are smaller). I've stayed at the Edition when it was Berner's & most of the rooms are small. The author wasn't necessarily enamored of the bathroom either.

However, agree public spaces are lovely looking.

* The author does a disservice to others by showing a picture of the LOFT Suite in the article when she was only upgraded to a deluxe room (and there are pictures of the deluxe room on the hotel's website, so not like a pic wasn't available).

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The author does a disservice to others by showing a picture of the LOFT Suite in the article when she was only upgraded to a deluxe room (and there are pictures of the deluxe room on the hotel's website, so not like a pic wasn't available).
And captioning the photo, "One of the hotel's 173 rooms...," as if it was just one more room, rather than a special suite.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:04 am

To be fair to the author, they did say "Though comfortable, guest rooms are the least interesting part of the hotel."

But your points are well taken.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:29 am

The Deluxe Room is fairly sizeable. It being London and an older building, I was expecting a broom closet and tiny bathroom. The room was large enough and the bathroom was nearly palatial. I was more than happy in that category of room for several nights.

Despite the scene this is no W or Standard with staff who think their job is to protect the "scene". With the exception of a few wait staff in the restaurant, everyone I encountered was welcoming and quick to assist. If it weren't for the location I would make the Edition my go to hotel in London.

The only disappointing part of the hotel is Berners. Food is wonderful but the wait staff is absymal. In four mornings and one lunch, service was incredibly slow, items were forgotten and staff would disappear for ages. This continued even though I highlighted the issue to a (sympathetic) restaurant manager after my first breakfast.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by jja34-1
The Deluxe Room is fairly sizeable. It being London and an older building, I was expecting a broom closet and tiny bathroom. The room was large enough and the bathroom was nearly palatial. I was more than happy in that category of room for several nights.

Despite the scene this is no W or Standard with staff who think their job is to protect the "scene". With the exception of a few wait staff in the restaurant, everyone I encountered was welcoming and quick to assist. If it weren't for the location I would make the Edition my go to hotel in London.

The only disappointing part of the hotel is Berners. Food is wonderful but the wait staff is absymal. In four mornings and one lunch, service was incredibly slow, items were forgotten and staff would disappear for ages. This continued even though I highlighted the issue to a (sympathetic) restaurant manager after my first breakfast.
I stayed in a room that was pretty small - but I paid the lowest rate on the website, so I more or less expected that.

The main bar staff, check in staff, concierge and room service staff were great. I had dinner twice at Berners and agree that the service there was a aloof.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jja34-1
If it weren't for the location I would make the Edition my go to hotel in London.
Actually the location works for me as normally my meetings are in Soho. But I like getting points for incidental spend & having an exec lounge, so I stay at Grosvenor House & walk or cab over. Plus my luck I'd get the same size broom closet room at Edition that I got when it was Berners

Cheers.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:03 pm
KRS

Am I correct in understanding that only Platinum gets you comped breakfast here, and not Gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.