Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London EDITION Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
No more free breakfast for Plats as per email from hotel: "To celebrate The London EDITION opening we previously included “Breakfast-on- us” as an additional benefit to your Marriott Platinum Rewards status to thank you for your support and custom. After 2 successful years and more exciting hotel development and openings to come, Marriott International is re-aligning the current and future properties with your existing Marriott Platinum Rewards program to provide a consistent experience for our guests across the EDITION Brand. Therefore the complimentary breakfast option is no longer available at EDITION Hotels"
Print Wikipost

London EDITION Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Is Bankside open again? That would be my first choice! All are good, St Ermin’s isn’t maybe the best fit perhaps, it stands out to your other picks and that particular area is a little soulless right now.
Oh, I was basically just listing the hotels with the HJH rate.

Thanks for chipping in - what do you like about Bankside?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Any recent experience of London EDITION? Has the experience/hotel changed much due to Covid? Visiting London for a weekend this month with my girlfriend. We are both in our 20s. I'm choosing between the London EDITION, Marriott Park Lane, Bankside, St Ermin's and W London, as all of them are £149-150 a night with my Healthcare heroes rate. We are looking to spend time shopping, visiting museums and experiencing good food. Not looking to party.

I should be Marriott Platinum for the first time, by the time I stay.

Edit: I should say, we are staying four nights, so could visit a couple of hotels.
If this is going to be one of your first stays since hitting Platinum don't stay here, benefits are non-existent, with current circumstances I'm not sure the public areas will have the buzz that make this place, at least @ the W you'll get breakfast.

Sheraton Park Lane is always good with upgrades, great art-deco refurb. (Currently lounge open for coffee & soft drinks, breakfast served in the amazing Palm Court, comp drinks and canapes in Smith & Whistle 17:30 - 19:30).
Marriott Park Lane, has a great pool and spa, (Lounge currently closed, al carte breakfast, canapes & comp drinks 17:30 - 21:30 in Lanes of London Restaurant).
Another option JW Grosvenor House, (Lounge open, breakfast in Exec lounge or Park Room, canapes 17:00 - 19:30, self service bar 17:00 - 21:30)

As the rates are the same across all property's maybe experience a couple.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:29 am

Oh, I was basically just listing the hotels with the HJH rate.

Thanks for chipping in - what do you like about Bankside?
Yes, I think Bankside is still closed, one for next time! It would have been my pick from your list, great vibe, elite treatment yada yada. Failing that Sheraton Park Lane as suggested above is probably the next best bet. I’m a fan of W’s, however never took to the one in London.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
I don't think anyone will know the covid era experience at the Edition - it was due to re-open at the start of October, but that has been pushed back to the 14th or 15th. I was due to stay there next week on the HJH rate but my reservation was cancelled a couple of weeks back. Going for the Marriott Park Lane instead.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Bankside is due to reopen tomorrow, but I would expect it to be very different to the Edition.

I’ve never stayed as I live nearby, but have been for drinks and breakfast many times.

Right beside Blackfriars station, on the south bank with all the nearby amenities such as the Tate.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:12 am

If Bankside is reopening and the rate is nice, that would be my pick! Great breakfast, property, and staff.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Just a quick FYI - I checked out of the London EDITION today and was surprised to see a note next to my Berner’s Tavern spend on my folio indicating it is “MB non eligible”. I assume this means it won’t earn points or count towards the Ambassador spend.

The food is very good at Berner’s though, so I’m not too miffed. The three course Sunday Lunch is £40pp and the portions are generous too.

I have stayed at this hotel three times in the last year and I rate it very highly. Unfortunately, the hotel was genuinely fully booked this weekend (mostly visiting Americans, by the sound of things) so I only secured an upgrade to a Superior Queen from Guest Queen. I had previously been given a Loft King for both my previous stays (all three stays on a healthcare rate which is about a third of the BFR). The check in gentleman proactively apologised for not being able to provide a better upgrade this time and said they had tried to give me the best room in the category they could give me.

By the way, the Punch Room is presently closed. I haven’t been able to visit it yet.

I am happy to answer any questions about the hotel.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Just a quick FYI - I checked out of the London EDITION today and was surprised to see a note next to my Berner’s Tavern spend on my folio indicating it is “MB non eligible”. I assume this means it won’t earn points or count towards the Ambassador spend.

The food is very good at Berner’s though, so I’m not too miffed. The three course Sunday Lunch is £40pp and the portions are generous too.

I have stayed at this hotel three times in the last year and I rate it very highly. Unfortunately, the hotel was genuinely fully booked this weekend (mostly visiting Americans, by the sound of things) so I only secured an upgrade to a Superior Queen from Guest Queen. I had previously been given a Loft King for both my previous stays (all three stays on a healthcare rate which is about a third of the BFR). The check in gentleman proactively apologised for not being able to provide a better upgrade this time and said they had tried to give me the best room in the category they could give me.

By the way, the Punch Room is presently closed. I haven’t been able to visit it yet.

Are they doing anything with their downstairs club area (I think it was called Underground when I was there, I had a decently good time)
Old Oct 17, 2021, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Are they doing anything with their downstairs club area (I think it was called Underground when I was there, I had a decently good time)
There was a flyer in my room for some kind of cultural event they are currently running in the basement at the moment but I didn’t get time to check it out. Maybe their Instagram will say more?
Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:35 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum

Apart from the upgraded room, were you provided with any other Titanium perks? Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Apart from the upgraded room, were you provided with any other Titanium perks? Thanks.
4pm checkout and the welcome points. They always leave a little sweet treat in my room with a welcome letter too. In my experience, you don’t get more than this at an EDITION, but I’ve only tried two!
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 2:06 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
4pm checkout and the welcome points. They always leave a little sweet treat in my room with a welcome letter too. In my experience, you don’t get more than this at an EDITION, but I’ve only tried two!
Thanks. Thought as much but good to know regarding this specific property.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Thinking of staying here for my birthday. Are they good at recognising special occasions?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Any recent experiences at this property? The only other edition I have stayed in was Bodrum and they were amazing with elite recognition. How well does this property treat Titanium?

Also how does the location compare the the Sheraton Park Lane?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Thinking of staying here for my birthday. Are they good at recognising special occasions?
We received a note and a nice dessert in the room for an anniversary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.