Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
We would like to inform you that effective July 17, 2014, the hotel will no longer be a partner of the Marriott Rewards Program, however, will continue operating under the name Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires with its remarkable tradition for more than 103 years.

If you have a reservation after July 17th, the reservation and rate will be honored. However, you will not be eligible to earn points under the of the Marriott Rewards Program or to redeem them for future stays.

If you wish to utilize Marriott Gift Certificates, Incentive Awards, or Gift Cards, this property will be not be able to accept these as a method of payment.

In case you need to contact the Hotel direct, please call +5411-4318-3069 or send an e mail to [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2008, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by samftla
Unfortunately it is located in "Siberia". It isn't close to anything. It does have probably the best hotel pool scene and the Sunday brunch is pretty good but very expensive by local standards. Really too bad that it is so isolated.

Sam
I wouldn't say it's in "Siberia". It's 10 minutes by cab from the Marriott. Besides..the port / waterfront area has some really great restaurants. Plus the taxis are very cheap in BA. Now, tell me have they finished the new Hyatt in Recoleta? Now that place looked very chic, shi shi la la
Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by imverge
I wouldn't say it's in "Siberia". It's 10 minutes by cab from the Marriott. Besides..the port / waterfront area has some really great restaurants. Plus the taxis are very cheap in BA. Now, tell me have they finished the new Hyatt in Recoleta? Now that place looked very chic, shi shi la la
They have completed the Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt. Very nice hotel indeed. As a matter of fact last in BA I had such a big problem with the Marriott that I eventually decided that I didn't want to stay there at all and took a taxi to Park Hyatt. You can read rest of the story here.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by imverge
The Faena Hotel in Buenos Aires puts The W hotel to shame any day, everyday.

http://www.faenahotelanduniverse.com/
Not worth it to me. I haven't returned since a few times in the year after it opened.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 4:30 pm

Stayed at the Marriott Plaza Aug. 13-16th, 2008

We stayed at the Bs. As. Marriott on San Martin Plaza using points. We arrived late (10PM) from SCL but the staff at the front desk as well as the bell hop was first rate. Orginally we were given a room on the second flr. but upon opening the door and the smell of cigarette smoke, we called the front desk and the bell hop took us to the third floor, same floor location as our intial room. The room was nice. The bed was very comfortable, and the bath room with two sinks was more than spacious for us.

We ate at the Plaza Grill downstairs. I had the Bife de Lomo (medium) My wife had a salad with duck. Both were excellent. Price with two bottles of water was 199 pesos with tip. A bit expensive considering we had a bigger meal with wine, desert, and appetizers for the same price at a Parilla. But still about half what you would pay here in the states for a similar meal at a Marriott hotel restaurant.

I used the whirlpool bath and sauna while we were there. It would have been nice to have had an actual hot tub, however, as the sauna is unisex. They have a very nice exercise room as well as a weight room.

The location is great. Walking distance to Recoleta and much of the major sights in the microcenter and a subte stop only a few blocks away. Would definitely stay here again.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:45 am
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs up Excellent Steak at a bargain price one block from Marriott!

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Florida Arcade.
About a block up the arcade is a wonderful moderate restaurant, Florida Garden Grill, that has an Early Bird special at 7:30 PM. A glass of wine, BIfsteak & Fries or Green salad, and a piece of delicious light ricotta cheese cake for $7.50 or so. The steak was so delicious, that I ordered it every night and occasionally alternated with a large piece of grilled chicken breast. I tried one of those expensive Porto Madera places for a Buffet and I was NOT impressed and the price was ridiculous. Same for the Evening Buffet at the Marriott, so back to the Florida Grill.
Casual and delicous! ^
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:03 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold, MC Plat., Star Plat.
Grand old Hotel

I stayed about a year ago in a one bedroom suite. The hotel was wonderful, but in need of some updates. Windows were cracked and the building itself could use a complete cleaning.
That said our room was large with a very large bathroom, all done in modern Marriott style. Walking thru the halls and lobby takes you back almost a century in style. We enjoyed the hotel and speak fondly about it still.
Reminds me alot of the Sheraton Park Lane in London, another hotel people love to hate for it's old style.^
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:14 am

I personally like the old grand style of hotels. The location of the Marriott is very good, IMHO. We spent an afternoon in the Telmo area and took the C subte out and walked back to the hotel. I will say that the second flr room that we were originally given did look worn, and the carpets not only in the room but the hall way looked worn too. However, the 3rd floor and our room was very nice, clean and plenty of room. The exercise facilities are also modern and spacious. The front desk staff, the bell hops, and the Concierge were all first rate and very helpful. The restaurant just for the decor alone is worth visiting. The staff was very nice, and even though we did not have desert, our waiter brought us a plate of chocolates to sample. He also gave us a sample of one of their appetizers at no charge.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
lavandería near the Buenos Aires Marriott

Can anyone tell me if there is a lavandería (wash and fold) near the Buenos Aires Marriott? How far would I need to go to find a lavandería?

My wife and I are trying to plan a several week South America trip. Laundry logistics become very important on these long trips.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 7:28 am

Programs: AA: Gold (1,257,458 miles to date), Marriott: Gold, Hilton: Gold
Although I do not remember the name, last April we had great success with a small neighborhood laundry very near the hotel. I asked the bell guys and they gave me directions. We exited through the car drop off, turned left, went up half a block, past shops and shoe stores, turned right at the light, walked down 3/4 of a block or so (past various bars) and found the lavanderia on the left. I am so sorry I do not remember the name. The woman running the place was wonderful, they weighed our duffle, quoted a price and we agreed on a time. (muddy family clothes as we were returning from Iguazu, and would have gone broke doing it via the in-house laundry at the Marriott!) We left the empty duffle, and returned after a day of sightseeing to find all folded neatly. I do not remember the price, but it was very reasonable, and the location was an easy 5-10 minute walk from the hotel.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
The place referred to by CTviajera is still there. I walked by there last week while I was looking for a laundry place. The prices seemed a little steep to me, though of course still cheaper than the hotel. If I recall, washing a shirt or something was around 20 pesos or more.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 5:21 am

thanks bpauker, good to know it is still there.

As I recall we paid a per-kilo price on the wash and fold stuff like jeans/tshirts and socks/undies. I also had a pair of nicer chinos that were laundered and pressed for me, and returned on a hanger. Those cost more of course, but still way cheaper than the hotel.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:18 am

It's a couple of shops past Filo, a decent Italian restaurant. CTViajera's directions are spot on.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 10:01 am

Argentina FlyerTalk Forum

Also you should check out the Argentina forum --lots of folks are very active there, both locals and fellow travelers :-)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina-622/
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:52 am

My family just spent a week there - we used there services a number of times - coming from NY area - we thought it was extremely economical. They did a great job.

Also, I highly recoment Filo's pizza!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Marriott Plaza Buenos Aires

Can anyone give me a suggestion on best room location with Plaza San Martin view. I'll be there for eight nights and would like more than a wall to look at. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.