Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
We would like to inform you that effective July 17, 2014, the hotel will no longer be a partner of the Marriott Rewards Program, however, will continue operating under the name Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires with its remarkable tradition for more than 103 years.

If you have a reservation after July 17th, the reservation and rate will be honored. However, you will not be eligible to earn points under the of the Marriott Rewards Program or to redeem them for future stays.

If you wish to utilize Marriott Gift Certificates, Incentive Awards, or Gift Cards, this property will be not be able to accept these as a method of payment.

In case you need to contact the Hotel direct, please call +5411-4318-3069 or send an e mail to [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Marriott Plaza Buenos Aires

Can anyone give me a suggestion on best room location (number) with Plaza San Martin view. I'll be there for eight nights and would like more than a wall to look at. What perks can a MR Gold member expect. Is Excecutive Level automatic or will I have to ask ?? Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Plat (1 MM), Marriott Liftetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
Rooms with 06 have plaza san martin views. I was given 806 2 weeks ago and then a junior suite (686) the 2nd week. As a platinum, I was given exec lounge access without asking. This hotel is very old and has some of the smallest bathrooms I've ever seen at a Marriott. El Grill is very good btw (and very expensive by Buenos Aires terms). Try the bife de costilla (T-bone). I was given free wine by the glass at the restaurant too. Not sure if this is normal.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Thanks for your input, I will sacrifice a little view for a bigger bathroom - Any more suggestions out there ???????
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:12 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Aside from the view... I suggest you look to obtain a renovated room at the Marriot... Im a fan of this hotel but I understand that if you get a room that has not been refurbished, you may be dissapointed.

What say the rest of the board regulars...???
Old Mar 27, 2009, 1:12 pm

Is the Marriott Plaza within walking distance of the Hilton in Puerto Madero?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
This hotel is very old and in need of a total renovation. I would rather stay somewhere else.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 3:52 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm going to move this over to the Marriott forum, and merge it with the OPs thread in that forum.

SanDiego1K
Senior Moderator

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Mar 27, 2009 at 5:00 pm
Old Mar 28, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
We just left the Hilton. It was a great hotel and I would highly recommend it. It's probably a 20 minute walk or more from the Marriott, but I'd guess the cab would be less than $5 based on the rides we took.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 1:00 am

Programs: MR Plat, IC Plat, AS MVP Gold, DL Plat
Originally Posted by Jigster
Rooms with 06 have plaza san martin views. I was given 806 2 weeks ago and then a junior suite (686) the 2nd week. As a platinum, I was given exec lounge access without asking. This hotel is very old and has some of the smallest bathrooms I've ever seen at a Marriott. El Grill is very good btw (and very expensive by Buenos Aires terms). Try the bife de costilla (T-bone). I was given free wine by the glass at the restaurant too. Not sure if this is normal.
Hmm... I was there two weeks ago in room 823. We should've gotten in touch.

X23 rooms don't have much of a view, at least not a memorable one because I don't remember what I saw out the window. The concierge lounge is on the 8th floor so you might want to be on that floor. The room was a bit tiny but the bathroom was plenty spacious for me.

The hotel is supposedly the first luxury hotel in Buenos Aires. It has been renovated since but it definitely has that old-fashioned luxury hotel feel inside and out. It's in a great location that is hard to beat. Puerto Madero may be nice but it's not like the traditional Buenos Aires that we've come to love and adore.

The staff was really good to me. The CL staff was really friendly and always attended to me as soon as I walked in.

I hired a remis for day from the hotel. If you're going to do a lot of moving around in vast areas of the city, I would recommend a remis. If you're going to be in areas where taxis are constant, a remis is not necessary... but beware of scamming taxi drivers. I took a remis because I wanted to visit a friend for a day in Quilmes. The driver drove me to Quilmes to see my friend and waited for me then drove me right back to the hotel. A taxi would've been more expensive and far more troublesome. If you do hire a remis, I'd recommend Nicolas as the driver. You can request for him by name.

If you make it to Palermo Soho, which I encourage you to do, have a meal at La Cabrera. They cook great parrillas. There, make sure to ask for "Bochinche," or Alejandro, a waiter there. Hopefully he still remembers me. :-)

I'm sure your trip to Bs. As. will be exciting, whether business or pleasure. There's lots to do there and I wouldn't mind accompanying you to show you around. :-) Have fun!
Old May 1, 2009, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
As a GOLD what can I expect at this hotel. Does anyone have an email contact at the hotel? We will be there May 15-18.
Old May 3, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
Yes.

Alternately, you can take the Subte as well. I can't remember the exact stations, but the Red line ends at the Arena and after a couple stops you can jump on the (green?) line to Retiro and 2 stops before retiro is the Marriott.

I highly recommend La Calleberiza in Puerto Madero. It's my favorite restaurant in the world.
Old May 3, 2009, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...a+Buenos+Aires

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...a+Buenos+Aires
Old May 3, 2009, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Nice but no email address. I might have to call the hotel to get the email contacts.
Old May 3, 2009, 5:38 pm

Old but nice

The hotel is old and in need of a total renovation, but my only complaint when I stayed there about two years ago was that the second floor outdoor pool was closed (probably because it was not up to building code standards), but you can still sunbathe on the deck. And they also gave you FREE admission and cab fare to the fabulous manmade swimming and disco complex near the domestic airport to compensate. Went every day at the hotel's expense.

And since they took TWO 100 British Pounds Premium Pounds cert, the total cash outlay at the hotel was about ten dollars U.S.

It is right at the beginning of the pedestrian shopping mall (which also has seen better days). The executive lounge has a nice view of the city. And they upgraded me to a junior suite which was bigger than the apartment I rented when I graduated from law school.

Staff was real nice and accomidating too.
Old May 3, 2009, 11:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Nice but no email address. I might have to call the hotel to get the email contacts.
You did ask about MR Gold treatment at this location and while I didn't read every post of both linked threads I'd think it safe to say that issue was mentioned if not the answer to your email query.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.