Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
We would like to inform you that effective July 17, 2014, the hotel will no longer be a partner of the Marriott Rewards Program, however, will continue operating under the name Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires with its remarkable tradition for more than 103 years.

If you have a reservation after July 17th, the reservation and rate will be honored. However, you will not be eligible to earn points under the of the Marriott Rewards Program or to redeem them for future stays.

If you wish to utilize Marriott Gift Certificates, Incentive Awards, or Gift Cards, this property will be not be able to accept these as a method of payment.

In case you need to contact the Hotel direct, please call +5411-4318-3069 or send an e mail to [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite; UA MM
Does anyone have an update on this hotel? I have an upcoming one night stay in Buenos Aires in February and am wondering whether to stay with Marriott or look elsewhere.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat Amb
I also stayed at this hotel last year and found it pretty tired. It's a nice building with a lot of history, but it feels more like a an old hotel than a nice historic renovation. If you are looking for alternatives, take a look at the IC there. It's a little out of the way as far as tourist destinations and nightlife, but the taxis are cheap and they have a decent lounge.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
any recent stays at this hotel? i'm heading down there next week and just wanted to know what to expect. based on the most recent threads, i'm not expecting that much, but the location seems to be pretty decent.

my company rate is pretty good there, so hence the choice.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by eleeut
any recent stays at this hotel? i'm heading down there next week and just wanted to know what to expect. based on the most recent threads, i'm not expecting that much, but the location seems to be pretty decent.

my company rate is pretty good there, so hence the choice.
My stay was late last year. Lounge is decent but not on par with say Singapore or Sydney Marriotts. Its an older hotel and it shows. Internet is decent. Location is very nice if doing touristy things.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by riteshraja
My stay was late last year. Lounge is decent but not on par with say Singapore or Sydney Marriotts. Its an older hotel and it shows. Internet is decent. Location is very nice if doing touristy things.
definitely doing touristy things. 1st time in BA and have been looking forwards to this trip for a while. will be there for 3 nights (arrival Tuesday AM / depart Friday EVE).
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:11 pm
Original Member

definitely doing touristy things. 1st time in BA and have been looking forwards to this trip for a while. will be there for 3 nights (arrival Tuesday AM / depart Friday EVE).
I have been staying more at the Sheraton.. Its about 2 blocks from the Marriott. The reason is that transportation is easier from that Sheraton. You are a block from the Airport Bus Station (Tienda Leon) and also they always have plenty of taxi's available at the hotel. At the Marriott the taxis are always an issue and they have some sort of kickback going on with the airport taxi rides.

The hotel itself is not any better or worse than the Marriott.. Marriott is classy old (100 years), the Sheraton is just 60's old. Both have been updated and renovated but sometimes its luck of the draw what room you get.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone have a manager or PR person's email for either hotel (Marriott or Sheraton)? All I can find is the general reservations email, which never gets a response.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite; UA MM
The hotel is well located for tourists. I stayed three nights in February. The building is old (historic), and has a sort of old feel to the rooms rather than a "wow" factor that some restored buildings have. Nevertheless, my stay was fine. The lounge food is okay, more like a lot of domestic lounges in the USA.

It is a standard FS Marriott where nothing struck me as exceptional, but at the same time nothing was bad. Staff members were pleasant and service was fine. I would stay there again.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by redrock
At the Marriott the taxis are always an issue and they have some sort of kickback going on with the airport taxi rides.
Good, cheap and reliable to and from EZE: http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/eng/
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone have a manager or PR person's email for either hotel (Marriott or Sheraton)? All I can find is the general reservations email, which never gets a response.
ditto, i want to inquire whether they accept the Gift Cheques on company rate stays.

so far, thanks for the input!

i'll try to do some kind of stay report afterwards.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by david_33
Good, cheap and reliable to and from EZE: http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/eng/
Take Manuel Tienda to their downtown location. From there a cab to Marriott is very cheap. Don't remember the exact amount.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
I like the Plaza Marriott quite a bit. I am 50/50 on getting an upgrade to a 2-room suite. Lounge is average....good Hotel location.....The Grill downstairs is a great place to get a steak in town. Maybe one of the top 5 places.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by goingbananas
The Grill downstairs is a great place to get a steak in town. Maybe one of the top 5 places.
I agree. Excellent steak there.

As well as at El Establo which is only a block or so away.

For a unique lunch or dinner item, try El Establo's Bleu Cheese Pizza,
Old Mar 31, 2012, 5:36 am

marriott or no, i'm still looking forward to this BA visit.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by riteshraja
Take Manuel Tienda to their downtown location. From there a cab to Marriott is very cheap. Don't remember the exact amount.
You may even book all the way to the hotel. From their downtown location, next to the Sheraton Bs As(and also very near the Marriott), they drive you in a small car.
Cheap and convinient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.