Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
We would like to inform you that effective July 17, 2014, the hotel will no longer be a partner of the Marriott Rewards Program, however, will continue operating under the name Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires with its remarkable tradition for more than 103 years.

If you have a reservation after July 17th, the reservation and rate will be honored. However, you will not be eligible to earn points under the of the Marriott Rewards Program or to redeem them for future stays.

If you wish to utilize Marriott Gift Certificates, Incentive Awards, or Gift Cards, this property will be not be able to accept these as a method of payment.

In case you need to contact the Hotel direct, please call +5411-4318-3069 or send an e mail to [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Yeah, there are some great boutique hotels for half the price. And other chains... It's nice but not all that.
There's also the Alvear (spelling?) Palace down the street from the PH. It's an iconic historic hotel that AFAIK is independently owned. It's in LHW, FHR, probably Virtuoso, etc.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's also the most expensive of the chain hotels in Buenos Aires.
Maybe so, but on points it costs nothing out of pocket and I happen to know a Diamond who will be wiling to use their new benefit for me to use my Hyatt points.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
I recently visited the Plaza Hotel, albeit not as a hotel guest. Whilst speaking with a long-time staff member, they mentioned that the hotel occupancy has dropped substantially from when it was still a Marriott-flagged hotel....claiming it had gone from 75-80% occupancy to 30%. Obviously I cannot speak to the veracity of this number but, if true, I'm not surprised. Unless they do a complete hotel overhaul (as was done at the Alvear) there is no way they can expect current business executives to stay there.....especially when not associated with an international brand. The rooms are simply too outdated. I love the old feel of the common areas....and the location is great.... but one really feels the hotel's age in the rooms.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I just checked in today.

"I can see you're Marriott Plat. Let me see if I can get you a Marriott Plat upgrade." And he did!

Plaza view room, Lounge access, free Wi-Fi, free brekkie since lounge doesn't open until 1pm, 2 drink tickets for the bar.

All on my USD$84/night rate.

And to think I had considered going to another hotel since it's no longer Marriott. I didn't even have to DYKWIA.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I just checked in today.

"I can see you're Marriott Plat. Let me see if I can get you a Marriott Plat upgrade." And he did!

Plaza view room, Lounge access, free Wi-Fi, free brekkie since lounge doesn't open until 1pm, 2 drink tickets for the bar.

All on my USD$84/night rate.

And to think I had considered going to another hotel since it's no longer Marriott. I didn't even have to DYKWIA.
That has also been my experience but I want to know how you got the great $84/nt rate, if you have a code, please share. Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:10 pm

No special code, it was just the regular rate bookable online:

http://www.plazahotelba.com/default-en.html

Originally Posted by danola
That has also been my experience but I want to know how you got the great $84/nt rate, if you have a code, please share. Thanks
Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Best rate I could find for April is $119, not bad but a long way from $84; too bad we can't do LNF any more.....
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by danola
Best rate I could find for April is $119, not bad but a long way from $84; too bad we can't do LNF any more.....
Yeah, I guess it must be the slow season now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.