Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
We would like to inform you that effective July 17, 2014, the hotel will no longer be a partner of the Marriott Rewards Program, however, will continue operating under the name Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires with its remarkable tradition for more than 103 years.

If you have a reservation after July 17th, the reservation and rate will be honored. However, you will not be eligible to earn points under the of the Marriott Rewards Program or to redeem them for future stays.

If you wish to utilize Marriott Gift Certificates, Incentive Awards, or Gift Cards, this property will be not be able to accept these as a method of payment.

In case you need to contact the Hotel direct, please call +5411-4318-3069 or send an e mail to [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2001, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I'll second Broccolino -- have a had a few great, simple Italian meals there.

Old Aug 6, 2002, 11:06 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Experiences at Marriott Buenos Aires, Argentina?

Search did not yield any information.

Anyone stay at this Marriott, experiences/thoughts on location?
Old Aug 6, 2002, 2:01 pm

I stayed at this property in 1999.

In a great section of town. You will love walking Avenida Florida. The window shopping and people watching is great.

It is an older hotel. Very elegant. Small reception area.

I ate in both restaurants. The formal one is very good with good service. However, go out to eat many great steak house down by the water.

The room was fair. It needed to be remodeled. However, for the age of the hotel my room was large. I will say the best part was the bed did not have the 4" foam Marriott spec mattress. (One of the reasons I am a Starwood Platinum member and love the heavenly beds.)

Enjoy your time in BA.
Old Aug 6, 2002, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL, US, SPG, MR, HH
It is the oldest and most historic of the big international chain hotels in BA. Bought and extensively renovated by Marriott around 1995. Others are newer, bigger, and maybe have better pools -- Hilton, 4 Seasons, Sheraton -- but no one can beat the Marriott's location at the end of Florida St., with San Martin Park across the street.

There is a bar downstairs -- one of the only classic Hotel Bars in the city. I'm sure if Marriott had built a hotel instead of buying this one, they would never have designed such an intimate, comfortable, old-fashioned space. Great place to meet someone.

Besides steakhouses, you can get good seafood and other local food at Dora, 1 block away (ask concierge); the hotel managers like to eat there. You can get good deals on wool sweaters and other knitted clothes at Sylvia y Mario.

Many taxi drivers still know the hotel as the Plaza -- not the Marriott.
Old Aug 7, 2002, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Since you're asking about location, one should note that there's a Courtyard about a block away, on the (pedestrian only) Ave Florida. If your concern is for location and not prestige or public rooms, it's fine. A taxi would likely drop you off at the Marriott, anyway. I concur with other postings - that's a nice part of the city for visitors.
Old Aug 8, 2002, 9:54 am
DKM

I stayed in the Courtyard last Novemeber. You should know, however, that it is no longer a Marriott. I am planning on going to Buenos Aires in the next month or so and expected to stay there. After checking out marriott.com, however, I note that this property is no longer listed. Pity - it was nice.
Old Aug 11, 2002, 9:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
The former Courtyard by Marriott at Florida 944, Buenos Aires, is now the Howard Johnson Plaza Florida Street.

I stayed there about a year and a half ago when it was still a Courtyard. It didn't have a pool, but at that time you could use the pool at the Marriott Plaza. (I'm would think that you can't do that any more.)
Old Sep 27, 2002, 6:04 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Buenos Aires

Going to BA soon and wondering what the Marriott BA is like? Any experiences? Which are best rooms?
Old Sep 28, 2002, 7:43 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001916.html
Old Oct 1, 2002, 10:35 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
delete

Last edited by tmorse6570; Sep 15, 2007 at 8:23 am
Old Oct 3, 2002, 3:17 am

I was very dissapointed with the Marriott Plaza BA. My room was very dull, and absolutely no more than 3 Stars. I checked-in and within 20 minutes checked out!!!

I immediately wheeled my luggage the two blocks to the oppulent Park Tower. The hotel is extremely luxurious and very "AAA" Five Diamond. I was pampered by the staff. The lobby is very beautiful.

The rooms are wonderful. I had a Deluxe City view room, and I enjoyed every minute of it. The bed was very plush, pillows the finest quality, and the bathroom was lavish in luxury. Not to mention morning room service was great. The breakfast was magnanimous, and pleasantly served.

I really enjoyed my stay and was worth every penney. The prices are fair, and the restaurant in the hotel was delicious!! I highly recommend.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I like the Marriot Plaza (San Martin) in B.A., but it does have some of the typical Marriott shortcomings: frumpy furniture and unrefined fabrics/ color schemes.

That said, the hotel is pleasant and the location is good. And there is a Concierge Lounge, which they will give to you based on status.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 3:28 pm

The Courtyard is less than 150 yards from the Marriott and half the price and no telephone charges. Down side is rooms small but on Ave Florida which is a pedestrian street so neat for walking and no noise from cars
Old Oct 4, 2002, 3:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by milesrus:
The Courtyard is less than 150 yards from the Marriott </font>
There is no longer a courtyard in BA.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante

[This message has been edited by snorkmaster (edited 10-05-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.