Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Maui Marriott Ocean Club, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maui Marriott Ocean Club, HI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 2:37 pm

construction update

Originally Posted by jrossi
The Marriott website indicates that there will be heavy construction beginning in April for quite some time at this property. Anyone stayed there recently and have comments/observations?

I will be calling to see what the hotel has to say.

Thanks!

According to their website, construction will not resume until April 2005.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 1:30 am

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
mariott maui resort and ocean club

hello

I have a first time visit to maui coming up soon and would like to hear from anyone who stayed at the mariott maui resort and ocean club recently. would especially like to hear about family friendly activities on the resort and around the island (mom, dad, and boys age 3 and 7)

thanks for your time
Old Sep 16, 2004, 1:46 am

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
"category 6"

Originally Posted by Nonstoptravelguy
Just tried to book a 7 night award stay at the Marriott on Kaanapali Beach for February 2005. The hotel is already requiring stay anytime reward certificates!! Talked to several levels of Marriott customer service personnel hoping to catch a break, but no luck. The hotel web site didn't show black out dates.

Does anyone have advice? Does Marriott free up more rewards 60 or 90 days out?

I just purchased some nights at this property based on the category 6 level, but had to pay an extra $80 per night because the rooms we were given (only available) were deluxe ocean view.

I'm not complaining, I like the idea of getting a good room and sure don't mind spending a few bucks when the lion's share of the room is being covered with points.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 1:44 pm

I stayed a couple of summers ago and found Maui to have lots of activities available for families. The Maui Marriott pool area should really suit your kids....it has a large shipwreck playground situated right in the middle of a sandy kiddie area that should make the 3 year old happy. There is also a water slide which both boys should love.

The hotel itself offers activities every day for the kids. As I recall, all were free. (Morning crafts like lei making, etc.)

Next door at the Hyatt, we were able to rent a small catamaran and head out onto the water for a fun afternoon as a family. They had several other types of water activities available there as well.

Heading down the boardwalk in the other direction, you'll find an area with shops, restaurants (including McDonalds) and some upscale stores, well within walking distance.

In Lahaina, there are many things to do and see, especially charters and boat excursions, etc. We took the Atlantis submarine ride and, while it was a fun activity, it was quite costly for a family so you may only want to do that if it's a high priority on your list (we had free passes). Otherwise, snorkeling and sunset cruises were abundant and a great way to spend an afternoon.

We also took the kids (on our last day, on the way to the airport for a late flight out) to the Maui Aquarium. Lots of beautiful fish that are indigenous to the Hawaiian islands. That was a fun afternoon. Look for discount coupons for all activities as the admissions can sure add up.

Consider looking into the Hawaii Entertainment book....I believe it has a decent amount of coupons for Maui.....it's sometimes offered right here on FT's Coupon Connection and you may be able to just get the coupons that will work for you. Check their website and it may give you more specifics about what is offered.

Your kids may be too young to appreciate a luau so in my opinion, you might want to pass on that (or get a sitter).

The rainbows in Hawaii are beautiful and abundant so I am sure you will enjoy many of those.

Have a wonderful trip !
Old Sep 16, 2004, 3:46 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
You may be unfamiliar with the Search button at the top of the screen. If you do a search for Maui, you'll find 57 threads over the past year. (There are quite a few within the last month.)

Select Search, then Advanced Search
On the next window, enter Maui, and be sure to select for it only to look in the Marriott Rewards forum. Finally, make sure that it looks for posts in the last year.

You are going to find a lot of good information in here. Some folks LOVE the Marriott Maui, some folks, not so much.

Enjoy your trip.

Bob
Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:33 am

Maui Ocean Club - 1 BR Villa - can I sleep 5?

I have a 1 bedroom ocean front villa at the Maui Marriott Ocean Club. Separate BR with king and queen sleeper sofa. Was just looking at the website, and it says sleeps up to 4. My wife and 2 kids are going, with Granny (total 5), during Christmas week.

I'm worried they'll give us a hard time. We were simply going to request a rollaway for Grandma. I hate the idea of "sneaking" her in. Any suggestions?? Also, I'm PLT.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 2:40 pm

My family and I had a 1-bdrm villa there a couple of years ago - we only had 4 people - but there was no problem getting a roll-away so that my son and daughter could have separate beds. So I would guess your situation would be OK.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 6:21 pm

Stayed at a 2 bedroom lock off with our family - The single bedroom with the living/dining room and full kitchen would seem to be fine for your group with kids and grandmother since some could sleep in the livingroom couch and you and grandma could have some privacy. I would think the single small bedroom much too small for this type of family party. Can you get a separate room for grandma with the kids? It owuld be worth it to me to have a more relaxing and comfortable vacation.
The single bedroom has one big bed and a pull out couch with not much room once the couch is open. Once one person is awake so will the whole group, likewise when someone gets tired and wants to sleep
Old Dec 9, 2004, 8:39 pm

Programs: Delta platinum, Marriott platinum
Have a great time; it will not be a problem; Wonderful staff at the resort/ the best of any place we have stayed (many have been there since the hotel was built); just make sure ahead of time a rollaway will be available.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:33 am

Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Reward

Few Questions?

No matter what dates I put in for reward travel for Marriott's Maui Ocean Club, there is no availablity. Is this normal? I would like to book 7 days at the Maui Ocean Club. The points usage is less than Marriott Wailea.

Also, which is a better resort, Marriott Wailea or Kapalua Bay, Renassiance ?
I always see reward availability for them.

How do you search for Ritz Carton award availablity?
Old Apr 15, 2005, 4:42 am

maui marriott

Originally Posted by myip
Few Questions?

No matter what dates I put in for reward travel for Marriott's Maui Ocean Club, there is no availablity. Is this normal? I would like to book 7 days at the Maui Ocean Club. The points usage is less than Marriott Wailea.

Also, which is a better resort, Marriott Wailea or Kapalua Bay, Renassiance ?
I always see reward availability for them.

How do you search for Ritz Carton award availablity?

It's no longer a hotel, it's marriott timeshare only. We were there are about 2 yrs ago and we were the last of the hotel guests and they were finishing up the conversion to complete timeshare floor by floor.

Scott
Old May 16, 2005, 7:24 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
Free? Luau at Maui Ocean Club's Welcome Cntr.

Hi

I just received a card from Marriott regarding my upcoming stay (booked with points, by the way) at Kapalua Bay Ren. I'm wondering if this is a timeshare pitch invite. I'm MR-Gold. Anyone else received this or have any idea if it is a sales pitch?

The card reads:

Announcing a Special Privilege for Marriott Rewards Members

Enjoy 2 Complimentary VIP Tickets to the Marriott Luau
Compliments of Marriott

As a Marriott Rewards Member staying at Kapalua Bay, a Renaissance Resort; we are happy to announce that you are eligible to receive 2 comp. VIP Marriott Luau Tickets. We recommend that you pick up your comp. tix early in your vacation due to limited VIP Seating.

Simply Bring this card to receive 2 comp. Luau Tix at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club's Welcome Center.

Upon your arrival at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club, just valet park your car and proceed to the Welcome Center, located in the main lobby, where we will validate your parking and present you with your VIP Luau tix.

We are able to greet you daily from 8-8 or call us today at xxx-xxxx for more info.
Old May 17, 2005, 4:52 pm

It may be. The Welcome Center is where they set up the timeshare presentations. However, this is one of the *easiest* TS presentations I went through. The salesman was relaxed, and we chatted about misc. topics more than the Timeshare stuff.

In my opinion, though, there are better luaus in Maui.

Bob
Old May 18, 2005, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
In my opinion, though, there are better luaus in Maui.

Bob
Off OP subject...but what is best Luau in Maui...visiting Hawaiian islands from UK for first time in July (staying at Marriott) and have reservations for Old Lahaina Luau...how does this compare?
Old May 18, 2005, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by JonP
Off OP subject...but what is best Luau in Maui...visiting Hawaiian islands from UK for first time in July (staying at Marriott) and have reservations for Old Lahaina Luau...how does this compare?
You may want to post your question in the Hawaii forum. I did not attend the Old Lahain Luau, but have heard that it is awesome. Attended the Marriott Luau and the Renaissance Wailea Luau. The Marriott Luau had a very touristy feel to it... can't really explain it. The Ren. Luau was very good entertainment, and didn't have the touristy feel.

Bob

p.s. We preferred the Wailea side of the island. The Lahaina end of the island is much more of a tourist-trap. (OK, the whole island is, but that's not my point.) Wailea is much more residential and laid back. Parking is actually *free* in Kihei (sp ?) whereas there is very little free parking in Lahaina.

If it is not on your agenda, be sure to add Maui Tropical Plantation to your list. I think we went there for lunch three times.

Bob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.