FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2013, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by gwhite216
You will enjoy Isleworth. If you would like a couple of tips from someone who plays there regularly, here are a few.

Play the right tees! Do not feel small playing "up". There are several short par 4s that make the 3s long from further back. The 5s are hellish depending on where the tees/pins are.

If they let you in the locker room, wander around. There is not a lot of history but it is a top notch locker room.

The men's grill is my favorite! I could live in there. Hopefully that's where you will eat lunch. There is a putting green, simulator, half court basketball goal, and arcade games. Check it out.

The bull between 1 and 10 is the twin of wall street. There are sculptures throughout the course.

The greens are multitiered and fun. Most are elevated with run offs. They will probably not be extremely fast due to summer heat but they are always great!

Temper your expectations with the course. It is beautiful but the layout and lack of history make it very good but not great. Think of a resort course that is very new money.

Enjoy! The course plays fast and has great views of the lakes and surrounding houses. Joe Lewis' house is behind the 11 green. Tiger/Bubba is to the right of the range. Seagull island (queen of Versailles movie) is the gate on your way to the driving range. I am sure spg will do a great job and if you do decide to play a box back, #2 will be fun!
That's fantastic information...thanks a TON! You saved me the embarrassment of having to ask which fire hydrant Tiger ran into!
I've watched a lot of the tavistock cup at both Lake Nona and Isleworth, and just knowing all the touring pros that live and play there, I expected the facilities would be top notch, but that grill sounds bananas...can't wait! Can't wait to dig in some of the same dirt that Tiger did on that range!

As for playing up tees, I'm all for it. I'm not going to be on tour any time soon and don't expect I'll be impressing anyone by shooting 97 from the tips!

I'm going to send you a PM for some other Orlando golf questions if you don't mind!
Old May 22, 2013, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
No Stuart Appleby Friday

While I'm disappointed I won't be playing with Stuart Appelby, I think SPG is doing all they can to salvage the event...

Originally Posted by SPG Moments email
Hello Bsdstone,

We are looking forward to seeing you this Friday for the golf outing at Isleworth Golf & Country Club.

We wanted to inform you of an important change. Stuart Appleby is no longer able to host the outing due to an unexpected entry into this week’s tournament. Therefore, recent LPGA Kia Classic Champion and “Iron Woman” of the LPGA Tour, Beatriz Recari has anxiously stepped in and will be your host for the day.

Our deepest apologies for the last minute change, however we hope that you find Beatriz and the opportunity to play on the exclusive Isleworth course well worth the trip.

As a gesture to our loyal members for any inconveniences this may have caused, Starwood Hotels & Resorts will partially refund the winner’s account with the points used for this Moment.

Your contact for the day will be Jordan Bxxxxx (cc’d) who may be reached at any time: 305-xxx-xxxx.

We are confident that this experience will be everything you had imagined, and more!

See you Friday!
Old May 22, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by bsdstone
As for playing up tees, I'm all for it.
Looks like you will have company at the ladies tees!!!

Oh...and she is MUCH better looking!
Old May 27, 2013, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Looks like you will have company at the ladies tees!!!

Oh...and she is MUCH better looking!
Unfortunately, her personality didn't match her looks!

While I was disappointed that Stuart Appleby was a no show, I understand these things happen. SPG went above and beyond in taking care of us, and I completely appreciate the effort they made in finding us a world class player on short notice. While Beatriz Recari is certainly a world class player (currently #4 on the LPGA money list), she was not very friendly, not hospitable, and in a few cases down right rude. I let SPG know that they should not be including her in any future events...and I believe everyone I got to know was going to say the same thing. Again, this is no fault of SPG, just want to make sure they are aware of her personality.

The day of the event, it was extremely well coordinated, and our on site host was as friendly and accommodating as you could imagine. Took care of every detail, made us feel at home, etc.
Isleworth truly is a world class facility filled with the whose who of PGA players and high rollers. We saw Bubba Watson and Lee Janzen in the club house...pretty cool stuff for a golf nerd like me!

I really enjoyed myself and really think of moments as a brand differentiator for SPG...as usual, well done SPG!
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Lost out on the July 11th Cubs luxury suite. I ended up bowing out at 105,102 and the winner got it for 500 points more. I had to draw the line somewhere. Great opportunity and being a Chicago native with all my family still living there, love the Cubs moments they have come up with. Will be taking my 2 nephews to run out with the team on the 12th. Then taking my dad to Scotland for the Open Championship.

^ to moments
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
how about this for a unique moment:

http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/cg...menbr=67280009

wing walking?! small plane acrobatics?! parachuting?!

this will go for a ton i think - but again, wow kudos to SPG for putting together this really unique and impossible-to-do otherwise packages
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:35 am

Finished the Artistry on Ice moment in Guangzhou, China. I'm very impressed with the involvement of the local property. I've done several moments, but this one did not have much bidding due to it's location.

5K in points for:
- Two nights in the presidential suite
- Two mornings of breakfast for two people
- Private access to rehearsals
- Meet and greet
- VIP tickets to the figure skating event (~$500)
- Private car to and from all locations.

Most SPG moments that I've been to have been hosted by someone on the corporate level and some through other corporate partners like Live Nation. This was hosted by the hotel and I was really given special treatment the entire time. I added on two extra nights at the hotel and they allowed me to keep the presidential suite (paid for a regular room via points). The afternoon of my departure I was asked to have lunch with the GM and head of marketing. A very well run hotel and being only 3 years old it has got to be the most high-end Four Points I've stay at. I'll update the property thread next week with photos of the room.

The room was probably the largest suite I've stayed in with Starwood. Two levels, three bathrooms, kitchen, and outdoor patio with hot tub.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
America's Cup in San Francisco!

Man, I wish I had points to bid on this one. I used to stay up and watch all the races on ESPN. It ought to be an amazing experience for the winner!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I'm bidding on this one :-). Sounds like fun.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:20 am

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
Originally Posted by schley
Then taking my dad to Scotland for the Open Championship.

^ to moments
will see at Muirfields then, I'll be there on Saturday, team of 4! third year running with Moments for the Open!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:56 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Finished the Artistry on Ice moment in Guangzhou, China. I'm very impressed with the involvement of the local property. I've done several moments, but this one did not have much bidding due to it's location.

5K in points for:
- Two nights in the presidential suite
- Two mornings of breakfast for two people
- Private access to rehearsals
- Meet and greet
- VIP tickets to the figure skating event (~$500)
- Private car to and from all locations.

Most SPG moments that I've been to have been hosted by someone on the corporate level and some through other corporate partners like Live Nation. This was hosted by the hotel and I was really given special treatment the entire time. I added on two extra nights at the hotel and they allowed me to keep the presidential suite (paid for a regular room via points). The afternoon of my departure I was asked to have lunch with the GM and head of marketing. A very well run hotel and being only 3 years old it has got to be the most high-end Four Points I've stay at. I'll update the property thread next week with photos of the room.

The room was probably the largest suite I've stayed in with Starwood. Two levels, three bathrooms, kitchen, and outdoor patio with hot tub.
Wow. Just wow. I don't know what is more remarkable: that you won the event with so few points, that you were allowed to extend at standard points level and stay in the suite, or that the GM was so engaged. I'm in awe - and I confess, a whole lot jealous. Amazing.

I haven't gone to the master thread on the property, but hope that you'll also post there. This GM deserves visibility for the property.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: SPG Plat(100), Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Avis First, United Gold
Got my Beyonce tickets for in NY for 10K, all 10 packages were gone in 5 min. Sometimes you need to fast and lucky
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by tvervenne
Got my Beyonce tickets for in NY for 10K, all 10 packages were gone in 5 min. Sometimes you need to fast and lucky
I did the same for Paris not too long ago, although those didn't go nearly as fast. My daughter went and said it was excellent.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
dupli
Old Jun 14, 2013, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
I did the same for Paris not too long ago, although those didn't go nearly as fast. My daughter went and said it was excellent.
Wish there was a way to get alerts when new auctions hit the site...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.