FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Is it possible to see winning bids for all past auctions? Or only those few that SPG posts in the history section? Besides those you have bid on, I mean?

Case in point: there was a recent auction for two nights at a hotel in Southern Greece that was going for 5,000 points at one point and maybe 8,000 just before the end of the auction. The hotel (though a bit remote) is a cat 5 so normally 24,000 for the nights alone and meals and various other things were thrown in. Seemed like a good deal (I had business meetings in another European city that weekend and so couldn't go) but was tempted by the how "cheap" it seemed. Is there any way to find the final bid? And that of other auctions that I might be interested in. Like Bayern Munich tickets and packages.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I've just successfully bought my first Moments event.

Tickets for two for a London Park Lane hotel preview of the new Cirque du Soleil performance, a cocktail reception and a chance to meet the actors.

5,000 SPG points. That feels like an absolute bargain to me - cheap date.

Looking forward to it, cheers SPG.
I may see you there. ^
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Is it possible to see winning bids for all past auctions? Or only those few that SPG posts in the history section? Besides those you have bid on, I mean?

Case in point: there was a recent auction for two nights at a hotel in Southern Greece that was going for 5,000 points at one point and maybe 8,000 just before the end of the auction. The hotel (though a bit remote) is a cat 5 so normally 24,000 for the nights alone and meals and various other things were thrown in. Seemed like a good deal (I had business meetings in another European city that weekend and so couldn't go) but was tempted by the how "cheap" it seemed. Is there any way to find the final bid? And that of other auctions that I might be interested in. Like Bayern Munich tickets and packages.
Not that I know of. I am curious too sometimes, but once it is over it is over and no records anywhere to check.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by eefor jfp

Sometimes you can google it. I'm not sure if there is a way other than bookmarking the auction.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Sometimes you can google it. I'm not sure if there is a way other than bookmarking the auction.
Thanks.

Google seems like the way to go. I found one of the Costa Navarino packages (I think there were four all together) that went for 8000 Points. A great deal if you could get there for the weekend.

I also tried Googling with "SPG Moments Bayern Munich" and got a few results. Then searched again using the terminology of the pages given and got a few more. Not perfect but overall a few data points to be able to bid more realistically for future auctions if there are any. The winning bids seem high to me (average last spring was around 30,000 for a pair of tickets and the latest [August and September] games went for around 11-12K) and the Champions League packages including airfare and hotel were 50-100K. But I guess Bayern as the European club champion is a hot ticket and getting to a game costs a lot.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I just bought my first SPG Moments event. KT Tunstall in St Regis Bangkok for a little acoustic performance & cocktails. 5,000 points. Seems like a nice little night out. Looking forward to it!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:22 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
I arrive 2 days too late for that
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Another great one, hope a FTer can take advantage :

Portugal Golf Weekend with Craig Stadler

◾A cocktail reception at the Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort, on Friday, October 4, 2013, followed by dinner.
◾Golf clinic hosted by Craig Stadler at the Pine Cliffs Golf Course on Saturday, October 5, 2013, followed by lunch.
◾Dinner for two (2) at the Pine Cliffs Residence on Saturday.
◾Round of golf as part of a 22-person group also hosted by Craig Stadler at Oceanico O'Connor Jnr. golf course on Sunday, October 6, 2013.
◾A two-night (2-night) stay for two (2) at the Pine Cliffs Residence, checking in on Friday, October 4, and checking out on Sunday, October 6, 2013.

...all for a fixed-cost of 15,000 Starpoints. Given that's less the cost of one high-season room-only night at the adjacent Sheraton Algarve, this is fantastic value.

Only pity is that I'm in the USA that weekend....
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:03 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I just bought my first SPG Moments event. KT Tunstall in St Regis Bangkok for a little acoustic performance & cocktails. 5,000 points. Seems like a nice little night out. Looking forward to it!
I grabbed that one as well! Never heard of her previously. Listened to some tunes and should be nice. Where will you stay?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I grabbed that one as well! Never heard of her previously. Listened to some tunes and should be nice. Where will you stay?
Cool, we can say hi

Not sure we're I'm staying yet, too far out. SGS or LM likely. Westin if they have a special and the other 2 are pricey. Doubtful Athenee (not participating in Take Two) or St Regis (too pricey).

You?

Surprised they just added 15 more of these. They originally had 25 on auction. So now that makes 40 (80 people). Not as intimate as 50 people when I originally bid. Not sure I'm overly happy about that.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Cool, we can say hi

Not sure we're I'm staying yet, too far out. SGS or LM likely. Westin if they have a special and the other 2 are pricey. Doubtful Athenee (not participating in Take Two) or St Regis (too pricey).

You?

Surprised they just added 15 more of these. They originally had 25 on auction. So now that makes 40 (80 people). Not as intimate as 50 people when I originally bid. Not sure I'm overly happy about that.
Did they actually say 50 people last time or did you just assume that from the fact they had 25 packages. Just because they have 25 packages does not mean only moments buyers will be there, could be various Starwood people along with other invited vip guests as well from the area! Unless it specified 50 people being the intimate number I cant see much wrong with this! Plus do we know if they sold the full 25 packages originally or if the date timed out.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:00 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Cool, we can say hi

You?

I'm always at the Westin.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Well done and I'm officially jealous. I wish I were in town for that one.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I grabbed one of these as well. But, giving it as a gift to my business partner that lives in BKK, as I will be heading to GIG on the 5th.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by whimike
I grabbed one of these as well. But, giving it as a gift to my business partner that lives in BKK, as I will be heading to GIG on the 5th.
Were you able to get permission to transfer the moment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.