http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2013, 7:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Rangers Hockey tickets

For those Rangers fans in NYC, tickets for games 3, 4, and 6 in round 2 are up. 40k/pair, but face is likely outrageous as well.

http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/cg...menbr=67280009

Be there when the puck drops in Madison Square Garden. Invite a guest to join you at playoff hockey and catch all the action from amazing seats in the SPG luxury suite. You'll enjoy a bird's-eye view of the ice, delicious food and beverages during the game -- and you'll join other Blueshirts fans who will be cheering along with you.

This Playoff package includes:

Two (2) tickets to the SPG luxury suite at Madison Square Garden to watch playoff hockey, Round 2, Game 3 (Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 7:30p.m. ET)
Complimentary food and beverages while in the suite
Old May 14, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wizzy
For those Rangers fans in NYC, tickets for games 3, 4, and 6 in round 2 are up. 40k/pair, but face is likely outrageous as well.

http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/cg...menbr=67280009
given that its a box, two tickets, with food and bevs thats surprisingly not terrible for round 2. granted, not what i'd bid on, but i'm sure they'll find a good home
Old May 15, 2013, 5:57 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Hmmm, I'll be in NYC for game 6 (if it goes that far). Think they'll mind if I show up in my Bruins gear?
Old May 17, 2013, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I won the play golf with Stuart Appleby auction earlier this week...totally excited! Get to play Isleworth Country Club in Windermere, FL! For those of you not familiar with this course, it is home to MANY PGA tour pros, and the site of the infamous Tiger Woods scandal...that home is now owned by Bubba Watson!

This is the 4th golf Moment I've bought and each one has been fantastic...cannot wait until next Friday!!!

Another reason to LOVE SPG!^^^
Old May 17, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I won the play golf with Stuart Appleby auction earlier this week...totally excited! Get to play Isleworth Country Club in Windermere, FL! For those of you not familiar with this course, it is home to MANY PGA tour pros, and the site of the infamous Tiger Woods scandal...that home is now owned by Bubba Watson!

This is the 4th golf Moment I've bought and each one has been fantastic...cannot wait until next Friday!!!

how exciting!! congrats!

please be sure to post a full review! i'd love to hear all the details of how it goes!
Old May 17, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle

Congrats! All spg moments are outstanding. I would have loved to play Isleworth believe me if I could have I would have. Enjoy
Old May 17, 2013, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by schley
Congrats! All spg moments are outstanding. I would have loved to play Isleworth believe me if I could have I would have. Enjoy
Thanks! I've been fortunate enough to play with Rich Beem, Brad Faxon, and Fred Funk (in a pro-am)...all the guys and the service from SPG have been outstanding...hope this one is as well!
Old May 17, 2013, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Thanks! I've been fortunate enough to play with Rich Beem, Brad Faxon, and Fred Funk (in a pro-am)...all the guys and the service from SPG have been outstanding...hope this one is as well!
My congrats too. What's your handicap? And do you raise your game when you play with a pro? I sure do.
Old May 18, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
My congrats too. What's your handicap? And do you raise your game when you play with a pro? I sure do.
Thanks Stimpy! I tend to play much better when I play with better players...when I played with Faxon, I chipped in for a par and made 2 birdies in my 6 hole stretch...goo memories!
I'm currently a 6.7 usga index...hoping to shoot in the 70's at isleworth, but I've heard its a tough track.
Old May 18, 2013, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hoping to shoot in the 70's at isleworth, but I've heard its a tough track.
Courses like that always add a bunch of strokes to your card. I played the Majlis about 5 days before the Dubai Desert Classic and the groundskeepers had it ready for the pros. I barely broke 100!

You have a nice handicap. I have to be able to play golf most every day to shoot in the 70's. And that rarely happens as a frequent flyer.
Old May 19, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Hmmm, I'll be in NYC for game 6 (if it goes that far). Think they'll mind if I show up in my Bruins gear?

Well, not nearly as much as Bruins fans mind out-of-towners in their rink.
Old May 19, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Thanks Stimpy! I tend to play much better when I play with better players...when I played with Faxon, I chipped in for a par and made 2 birdies in my 6 hole stretch...goo memories!
I'm currently a 6.7 usga index...hoping to shoot in the 70's at isleworth, but I've heard its a tough track.
You will enjoy Isleworth. If you would like a couple of tips from someone who plays there regularly, here are a few.

Play the right tees! Do not feel small playing "up". There are several short par 4s that make the 3s long from further back. The 5s are hellish depending on where the tees/pins are.

If they let you in the locker room, wander around. There is not a lot of history but it is a top notch locker room.

The men's grill is my favorite! I could live in there. Hopefully that's where you will eat lunch. There is a putting green, simulator, half court basketball goal, and arcade games. Check it out.

The bull between 1 and 10 is the twin of wall street. There are sculptures throughout the course.

The greens are multitiered and fun. Most are elevated with run offs. They will probably not be extremely fast due to summer heat but they are always great!

Temper your expectations with the course. It is beautiful but the layout and lack of history make it very good but not great. Think of a resort course that is very new money.

Enjoy! The course plays fast and has great views of the lakes and surrounding houses. Joe Lewis' house is behind the 11 green. Tiger/Bubba is to the right of the range. Seagull island (queen of Versailles movie) is the gate on your way to the driving range. I am sure spg will do a great job and if you do decide to play a box back, #2 will be fun!
Old May 20, 2013, 10:07 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Originally Posted by jerry305
Well, not nearly as much as Bruins fans mind out-of-towners in their rink.
I haven't been to the Garden for a B's game in awhile, I'll take your word for it.

I do work occasionally at Fenway, though, and I've been pleasantly surprised the past few years how well out of towners are treated, considering the stories people tell.
Old May 20, 2013, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
I do work occasionally at Fenway, though, and I've been pleasantly surprised the past few years how well out of towners are treated, considering the stories people tell.
Actually it's always been ok for visitors at Fenway with the exception of the Yankees. I once wore my White Sox shirt there when they were visiting and yelled "Go Sox" each time they were up. Everyone around me got a laugh out of it. No hard feelings.
Old May 20, 2013, 12:10 pm

We were treated very well by the Twins fans at Target Field this weekend (thank goodness we didn't plan to go to yesterday's 3 hour rain delay game!). Funny thing is, the worst place we've ever been treated as Red Sox fans was in Toronto!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.